don't click here

Sonic Forces: Speed Battle

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JcFerggy, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Remember when they added Tikal, the Werehog and Mephiles to Runners? And the Babylon Rogues (along with special alternative costumer for them) to this game as well? They're up tp nothing. Watch Badnik Mechanic's video from a couple of months ago, and take off the tinfoil hat.

2. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I'm 99% sure Dark Sonic was merely joking, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to reply so strongly.

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I was also joking, and don't think I replied so strongly to her post. But the "omg SA1 remake rumours and teases" speculation keeps on flying around, so I'd like to make sure people don't fall into that trap regardless.

I just unlocked Tikal in this game. It's still not fun. I played it when it was relatively new, and whilst they can add new characters and tweak the balancing here and there, it's still not a particularly great game. Gotta marvel at the fact that mobile games with the most basic gameplay based around grinding out to unlock and upgrade characters a snail's pace with almost non-existent payoffs continue to perform so well. People actually pay £9.99 at the end of events in this game to double their winnings. Paying good money to unlock/upgrade characters in a game where the biggest thing that they offer is a cosmetic difference... It's just crazy.

4. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Ah my bad. Should I get this game? I've heard it's fun.

5. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    It's super repetitive. I played it for like two days when it released and never touched it again.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I've been called out I once paid the $10 lol. What a rip though, if it was a one time $10 payment for permanent double cards that'd be one thing, but for only one month? Gross.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Called out and shamed! :V

I hate microtransactions like this with such intensity. They're ruining games. I could tolerate it if it stuck to free mobile games, but the ship has long since sailed in them staying out of full priced games too. People just don't seem to mind being nickel and dimed, and actively seem to prefer it to actually paying for a product. If this game let me pay £10 to permanently activate all the buffs, remove ads (including optional ones) and didn't have the option to buy Red Rings with real money, I'd be totally game. But that's obviously never going to happen when people will pay £10 repeatedly for much l as long as the base game is free. It's such a con and people's complacency or even advocacy of this manipulative practice is ruining the industry.

8. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    These things are successful because they're less "games" and more glorified Skinner boxes. They're designed to prey on people's addictive tendencies.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It really is a gross predatory practice. A few years back South Park had a great episode on mobile gaming where Stan gets addicted to a Simpsons tap out esq game starring Terrence and Phillip. Hell my own young cousin when she was like 8 or 9 accumulated $1200 in mobile game transactions (in case you're wondering how that might have happened, they had one tap purchasing enabled and my uncle was preoccupied with my aunt being in late stages of cancer, so that went under the radar for a bit).

Typically I find on average I spend maybe $10 max on mobile games if I like them. Sonic Dash is old enough I bought it before it switched to a freemium model, Pokemon go I've maybe spent $20 in 3 years? Sonic Runners I spent like $10 on trying to get Classic Sonic but that fucking wheel kept giving me like Vector and I tossed my phone across the room lol. But yea even these prices are ridiculous.

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The sad thing is the mentality of people if things aren't free.

You can look towards Nintendo for this. Super Mario Run was a game you could actually buy and the vast majority of comments towards it was why people had to pay $10 for the game (or however much it cost). Next thing you know you've got Fire Emblem Heroes.

11. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    It's value vs deal. If you have a game with good content and you sell it for a reasonable price, people won't be interested enough to buy. If you give them something for cheap or free and offer upgrades, they feel more in control of their spending, when in reality it's manipulative.

I've paid $2 to cut the ads in half. I just play the game on my breaks at work; a mindless short Mario Kart race to play for a few minutes at a time, which is nice. I wish they handed out more Rings though, because there isn't a single character that needs less than 200k to upgrade anymore. But I'm not the gambling type, so you won't catch me spending real money on fake currency. I'm barely ok with that at Dave and Busters.

12. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

size of a tangerine Member
    US
    "Give them the razor, sell them the blades" is pretty much what all this comes down to, only it's designed to become super addictive to rip people off at maximum effect. I've never understood the appeal of phone games, and I've always found it a bit absurd that so many people can be taken in so easily by such obviously manipulative tactics, especially when the game it's in service of is such low-tier entertainment.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    [​IMG]
    Cool rendering Hardlight.

Poor Classic Sonic's legs lol

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Those eyes... Did they retexture Shadow's head and put it on Modern Sonic's model?

15. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    What the fuck is this

16. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    One of the only Sonic games in the last 3 years to get content updates.

17. Wafer

Wafer

Find me on Twitter instead Member
    Modern Sonic's model is, weirdly, the one model in the entire game that I've always felt was a bit off, but this takes it to a whole other level. Like, why are his spikes so *droopy*?

Edit: I figured it out. That Modern Sonic is the Slugger Sonic (baseball themed, I guess) model, but without the sportsball hat, clothes and accessories. His spikes are drooping to fit under his hat. No clue on the eyes though. Sighting up ready for a "pitch"? I have no idea about sport.

18. MartiusR

MartiusR

Out of curiosity - is there a way to change "on the go" your nick inside the game? I was convinced that it was stricly connected with your Google Play account, yet by some reason I'm recently having matches with people with such nicks like "buttsexwithamy", "sonic antifa" or "shadow gay", ugh... I refuse to believe that those people have such nicks permanently in their GP account :P

Levelling characters is still painful at higher levels, with totally random cards and relatively slow income of rings and cards. And golden chests blocking the slots.

A shame though, because the concept itself is still fun to play. Definitelly much better than other endless runners. I don't like though the fact that there is literally nothing else than main game mode, e.g. some training "run alone" to learn the track or in-game chat.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Took me far to long to realise that by "nick" you meant "nickname"...

On the iOS version at least, you only need to select your name on the home screen (near the top, just below your level and XP) to bring up you profile. Click on the pencil icon next to your name to be given the option to edit it. It's not tied to your Apple or Game Centre ID on iOS.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List