don't click here

SEGA launches the Sonic 2020 project, promises to release Sonic news on the 20th of every month

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by DreamsComeBlue, Jan 20, 2020.

1. RDNexus

RDNexus

So that's why...! Damn, that sucks! Can't that writer be brought back? The series needs that, desperately! In my opinion, that is...

2. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Doesn't something have to be established before being a retcon? I don't recall Sonic CD ever having a confirmed place in the timeline before Sonic 4's release. (also it makes much more sense for Sonic CD to be there anyway)

This is the Sonic 2020 project thread, right?

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

This keeps happening. There's absolutely no news to discuss whatsoever so we keep going back to what we want/expect from the next Sonic game which then inevitably turns into where Sonic went wrong.

4. JustAMotobug

JustAMotobug

Eggman Robot Member
    United States
    ????
    It's a blessing at times, and in this case, a curse. On one end, it's a great way to spark conversation and provides mostly constructive criticism. On the other hand, it gets into some weird territories and it sometimes seems a little condescending. I'm hardly even sure if this falls into either category...

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yea I got caught up in the Sonic nonsense, sorry bout that.

Anyway happy 29th Sonic!

6. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    For the anniversary, Sega Shop Europe is holding a competition for an original Japanese Sonic 1 Mega Drive cart.

7. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I think the issue is less that specific writer has left and more Sonic Team want to make the games stand alone.

One interesting thing is that main 3D games from Colors onwards tend to have very simplified stories. Whereas the side games such as Colors Ds & Runners tend to follow the story styles seen in earlier games (Runners in particular was very continuity heavy clearing up a lot of plot issues such as why Knuckles leaves the ME and why the Whisps are still around). So I wonder if there is a bit of division in Sonic Team on how to approach the story.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well just as we all knew was going to happen but was hoping didn't, no new Sonic news at that New Game Plus event or whatever it was called.

The wait continues.

9. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Why does he?
    The wisps thing I remember.

10. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Sega expo will be in an hour.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The animal friends guard the emerald while he's away IIRC (like flickies and such)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Sure the animals must have an unspeakable power to protect it.

13. Isn't that just a post show playthrough of announced games? I mean I guess out of a sense of caution I'll watch just to be safe, but...

14. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Yes, if a new Sonic game were to be revealed, it would already have been. But... you never know.

15. It would be pretty funny if they just casually do a Green Hill Zone run in Sonic Mania 2

16. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

My bet goes to Persona or Catherine.

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yes.

There isn't going to be a Sonic game suddenly announced, we have the titles list.

18. MH MD

MH MD

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  20. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Hey... at least we got some good new renders... right?