don't click here

Source of Sonic Unleashed JAVA mobile found

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Rlan, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    So a friend of mine sent me this link:

https://github.com/djsoftware/pallan

This appears to be the source for Gameloft's 'Sonic Unleashed' for mobile. This game obviously went through a few versions with different phones, but this seems to be a bit of a middle ground of the game in development.

[​IMG]

It's got a lot of tools inside it used to make the game, which might be very useful for Gameloft stuff in general.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It also is full of sprite sheets of the game. Including some Sonic sprites which appear to be in-between getting uprezzed for a higher resolution version of the game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Based on this I don't think it's the source of the final version, but man, this is kind of great. Someone look to port this to Unity? :P

Edit: Backup of source.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  2. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    I think this was discussed extensively in the Retro Discord, but I'm shocked no one made a topic until now!

3. Speeps

Speeps

It was private (for the leaker's safety I think) I guess until now. Anyway, one of my friends compiled and played it already:
    [​IMG]

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Someone port these levels to Mania because that game... yikes

5. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Someone should hack Sonic Rush and import these levels.

6. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    How playable is it? Digging in the Github source I could only find two level files (in the levels folder).

7. Loop

Loop

Pure of Heart. Dumb of Ass. Member
    [​IMG]

There's also this in the game's files, what looks like an early screenshot of Sonic '06.

[​IMG]

And this, which uses the Sonic logo from an early proposal from the Japanese version.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Joseph A. Rose

Joseph A. Rose

I went to Github to download the Source Code of the Java version of Sonic Unleashed by Gameloft, but it's unavailable because of the DMCA takedown.

9. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Damn, I remember playing this back in the day. Sonic sprites were actually kinda cool looking, and the gameplay wasn't that bad - for a Java game.

We sure went a long way with our phones, huh?

10. Metalwario64

Metalwario64

Did anyone back this source code up before it was taken down? It would be a damn shame for this to have gone up and nobody to have preserved it.

11. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Yeah, people definitely saved it.

I wonder if there was more than just Unleashed but I never saw anything about other Gameloft Sonic games' source getting put out.

12. Hm, I don't see a link to a backup of this data (...or anything else about this prototype?) on the Wiki but my search-fu has grown pretty weak over the years so it's possible it's there and I'm just blind. Are we certain it's backed up?

13. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    It is, in fact, backed up. I got a copy of the archive from Rlan. If he doesn't edit the OP of the thread, you can politely ask him for it.

14. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List