don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Vanishing Vision

Vanishing Vision

Does anyone have a list of the "Time's Up" limits in Colors? The limit that determines when score stops being awarded, the time is different based on the size of the act. TSC had a list, but they've been offline for the last month.

2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    That's unfortunate. These days we'd want everything

https://segaretro.org/File:92SummerCatalogue.jpg

I'm guessing it's this one then. Sega released "Summer Catalogues" every year between (at least) 1987 and 1993 (and of course other "catalogues" were released in "summer")

3. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Yeah, it was a different era back then, as even hosting scanned material was a difficulty! Hari Hari was a great contributor back in the day, as he also gave us those scans of the Sonic Manga and scans of various manuals.

4. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

5. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
  6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Black Squirrel has probably seen it if it's not on the wiki.

7. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
  8. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
  9. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone might be able to answer a question. I’ve looked for the answer for quite a while but been unable to find anything on it.

In Sonic & Knuckles Lava Reef Zone Act 1 as Knuckles, you come across the Drill Bot a short while in to the level which breaks the platform you’re on. If you time it right you can jump on the bot and repeatedly bounce on it endlessly, causing ‘damage’.

I’ve done this until the end of the timer on the level and it hasn’t been defeated. I was sure this was possible - is it?

I’ve done it to the same bot as Sonic before - the difference is in his playthrough the bot falls and explodes so you have to jump on him from off screen which prevents his full animations from playing. You can also defeat Robotnik in Launch Base Zone Act 1 during the level and he turns in to a Flicky.

I’m wondering if the dev team actually coded this machine to avoid having a hit limit on purpose to stop players destroying it as Knuckles?

10. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    What? That guy's easy to defeat. Just walk left until he despawns.

But seriously, Eggman's Eggmobile has 255 health, which is what allows him to be destroyed. I wouldn't be surprised if the drill thing had 255 health too. Did you count your hits?

11. What the actual fuck? I did NOT know those were in the 3DS version...

That is new for me.

12. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I bounced with about 2 hits a second for 9 minutes. I reckon I got up to 1000 hits in to the thing, definitely in the 900 region!

13. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    mind you, in Sonic 1 hitting the final boss one too many times would make the counter roll back to 255, so it's not too farfetched.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Chainspike

Chainspike

Stealing rings since 1994 Member
    Death Egg Zone
    S3C Delta
    Did you say that you were able to defeat the LRZ Tunnelbot while playing as Sonic? As far as I know, it isn't possible to defeat it under normal circumstances. Through modification however, it is possible to set the hit counter to 1 so that it can be defeated; in which case the Tunnelbot dies the same way it would when falling into the lava:

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  15. So I recently learned that in Silver's story in Sonic 06, the part where Mephiles is showing Silver the Iblis Trigger, and Blaze says "Blue Hedgehog..." is apparently a play on words in the Japanese version.

In Japanese, both Silver and Blaze say "Aoi Hazumi", but apparently, "Aoi", which can mean "blue" or "green", can also mean "inexperienced" and "naive". So when Silver says "Aoi Hazumi", he means, "Blue Hedgehog" in a literal sense, but Blaze interprets Silver's words as "Naive Hedgehog". Throughout the game, Blaze occasionally calls Silver "Naive" or "Aoi" in Japanese, as well, which kinda changes the perspective of things a bit. In other words, Silver thinks Sonic is the Iblis Trigger, but Blaze thinks Silver is the Iblis Trigger instead. At the start of Blaze's Wave Ocean, she says, "The Iblis Trigger... A blue hedgehog... Can it be true? I need to find Silver fast!" in the English version, but a more accurate translation would be more like, "The Iblis Trigger... A naive hedgehog? Can it be true? I need to find Silver fast!".

This means Blaze doesn't actually know Sonic at all in 06, and SEGA America just screwed up with the localization. The more you know. :specialed:

• Informative Informative x 10
    • List
  16. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

This is news to me. Her behavior make a lot more sense in that context. If this Blaze remembered Sonic from their adventure in Rush, you'd expect her to mention it to Silver and Mephiles. You'd also think that, knowing that Sonic is a good guy, she'd try to find him in order to talk with him and tell him what Mephiles said, not to murder him.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I don't ever remember anyone asking why Sonic and Blaze don't know each other, especially since everyone's headcanon is that Blaze goes to whatever dimension she is in from the Rush games to make those happen.

18. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Many interpreted her "Blue hedgehog..." line at the beginning of Silver's story as her recognizing Sonic, since the lack of an "a" at the beginning made it sound like she was saying a nickname.

19. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Maybe that's because Colors DS and Generations simply mess up with the timeline, with Silver and Blaze recounting 06 events, with the former also rembembering the Rush trilogy events, too.

20. Really? I've seen some folks whine about it a few times online. Especially on social media sites like twitter and facebook, lol.