don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog IDW Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 22, 2018.

1. dredd

dredd

Banned
    What if after the Metal Virus saga, characters from past Sonic media start appearing in the comics? And not just from AoStH and SatAM, but from other animated Sonic stuff like Underground, the OVA and X? (Sonia, Manic, Old Man Owl, Topaz, Cosmo, etc.)

2. BartG

BartG

Poland
    Very excited to see where the comic goes. I enjoyed Flynn's stuff but a "new" writer is still pretty exciting.
    I wouldn't count on it. Otherwise that Underground epilouge would come out. Still might happen but I would't get my hopes up.

3. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I would love to be able to follow this series closer, but that would require IDW to do direct to consumer subscriptions like Archie use to do.

4. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Are you not comfortable with the existing subscription methods like Comixology's digital stuff or finding a nearby comic store that'll send you your comics directly, Glaber? Everything's on pause right now because of the pandemic, but there ARE options out there.

5. dredd

dredd

Banned
    You know how IDW loves to do crossovers?

Imagine the shitstorm that would occur if they decided to do a Sonic/My Little Pony comic.

6. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Oh, don't make me want it.

I don't care at all about My Little Pony, but the havoc that would occur would be hilarious.

7. dredd

dredd

Banned
    Indeed. Those poor forum moderators...

8. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Sacrifices must be made for our amusement. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. :specialed:

9. RetroRespecter

RetroRespecter

Anyways, I just heard about this and I can't wait for what IDW does with Sonic the Hedgehog. They also have a better relationship with SEGA than Archie Comic Publications did (I blame Ken Penders).

10. You know, I'm surprised nobody brought up that the comics will be back this month on the 24th. It was announced weeks ago.
    We can finally put this damn zombot arc to rest.

11. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Isn't it still a few issues out from being done? We're still gonna have to deal with this for a bit. Also, apparently Evan Stanley is replacing Ian Flynn as the writer.

12. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Not replaced, Flynn is just done solo writing the main book for now.

I'm ready for smaller stories for a bit to flesh out the world before they do another epic like this. Hopefully that's what Stanley has planned.

13. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Ah, my mistake. I read the tweet a while ago.

14. dredd

dredd

Banned
    I've heard Ian said on BumbleKast that more characters based on Archie characters (like Starline = Finitevus) are coming soon. Is this true?

15. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Can someone specify something for me in regards to the plot?

They're attempting to collect the Chaos Emeralds in order to use Super Sonic to use the Warp Topaz to reverse the infection. Okay, I get that. But why don't they just use the Master Emerald in lieu of the Chaos Emeralds?

It's not like it doesn't cause a Super Form: if the events of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles are canon you have Mecha Sonic pulling it off, if not the comic itself has Neo Metal Sonic use the Master Emerald to become Super Neo Metal Sonic. I doubt Knuckles would have a problem with Sonic touching the Master Emerald, so long as the virus is wiped out after (and it being a mineral, I doubt the virus would do anything to it anyway. Sonic grabs the Chaos Emerald that pops out of one of the portals, so that proves there is no risk of an Emerald infection).

Just a thought I had while reading the newest issue.

16. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Probably SEGA being particular about how robots become super with the Master Emerald while male hedgehogs use the Chaos Emeralds (I don't like that lore, but it's been said for at least the modern timeline), and Blaze uses the Sol Emeralds.

Love how things are picking up, anyhow. It's been a long arc, especially with all the COVID delays - but the end is in sight.

17. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    The reason for not just using the Master Emerald was explained in #25: it's too much of a risk that could endanger Angel Island, plus Knuckles doesn't trust Eggman with it.

18. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Yeah, but Robotnik wouldn't be using it. Sonic would: all he needs is the power from it, turn Super, go over to Robotnik and use the Warp Topaz to reverse the Zombots.

19. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    2020 Annual is out. Like last time it's all side stories. Everything remains awful.

Christ, Big's story is depressing.

20. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Apparently this entire Zombot story line was supposed to be the Archie comic's last. Kind of makes sense for the tone and stakes. But I feel they may have done this plot a little too early for IDW...