don't click here

Sonic Classic 2

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ah yes, the good ol Russian bootleg.

Also I just noticed, why does it have both Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic & Knuckles collection? Doesn't the former make the latter kinda redundant?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  2. Nintorch

Nintorch

Just another programmer. Member
    There are a lot actually..
    Uploaded disk back with text about SC1

3. Hez

Hez

Oldbie

New Update. I recorded quickly, and am aware of most of the bugs displayed (but point any you see out anyway just in case). I plan on fixing them before release. Still plan on revamping the save menu and title cards. Basically, in a nutshell, here is what is left;

• Update Menus
    • Update Character Sprites
    • Finish up polish on bosses
    • Complete end sequence
    • Beta test the hell out of it
    Here is nice to haves, and depending on what people want, will either come as an update or delay the game

• Extra "encore" like mode being more than just pallete swaps/minor layout changes (Basically full new layouts)
    • Online play finished
    • Sonic 2 fleshed out and playable
    Hope this excites some people! Shooting for a Summer 2020 release.

4. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    Looking great! Only issue standing out to me is the sound effects are much louder than the music, which sounds like it's taking a back seat to the action a bit too much. The ring sound also almost sounds a little like a low quality WAV file that's a bit fuzzy or something?

Then again I've sort of gotten more sensitive to the ring collect sound as I get older so maybe it's just me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    So long story short. I absolutely suck at recording. Sound is adjustable in options, and I recorded it in a format that Adobe didn't like so I had to convert it as well, which took a toll on the audio. I regret many things...

6. lopinjop

lopinjop

Sonic 25th Anniversary Party Enthusiast Member
    This looks really good! I'm definitely looking forward to playing the full release soon!

7. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I think it's just good old fashioned audio clipping.

Even today you do occasionally hear fan games using low quality sound effects that people ripped in the mid-90s, but I don't this is one of them.

8. DarkMK

DarkMK

Icy Day Member
    Home
    damn man,preview after year lol, looking forward to this. :ruby:

9. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

i think the extra features sound come out later after the first release ala sonic mania plus, so basically a sonic classic 2 plus, and that way instead of just new level layouts, you can even do harder/ new bosses to make it even more exciting. I think this is the optimal strategy.

10. RetroRespecter

RetroRespecter

That's some effort you put into all of this.

11. Chaud

Chaud

Looking amazing as ever! :thumbsup:

I really like how you can use old game graphics/objects in a new way, which makes me have to stop for a few moments thinking, "hey, I've seen this somewhere before, right?" Especially Chaotix, I always liked the visual style of that game!

Any of these would be a great addition to the game, but in my opinion, as an extra/patch for later. From this list, an "encore" mode sounds great and it's what excites me up the most, because it gives you a reason to go through the levels you already know in a new way!

12. RetroRespecter

RetroRespecter

Will "Tails" be able to accompany Sonic?

13. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I think I finally decided on something. I'll release 2, potentially 3 versions.

Sonic Classic 2
    Sonic Classic 2 Plus+
    (Working on a better name now, as I don't want to steal manias)
    Sonic Classic 2 & Fang (Harde har har, a play on S3k obviously. This would just be the above version with an Sonic and Knuckles like addition. Basically the scrapped 3-4 concept levels I had planned and potentially releasing online mode in this version if its not polished enough by the Plus+ release date)

So basically Plus+ would have Sonic 2 added and a more robust "encore" mode. I'd add 5 more red rings (blue ones?!) per stage to find to unlock these.

Yes -- potentially more to be unlocked :)

14. I did notice that some new music tracks were displayed here - including one for Sonic Classic 1's Dusty Dunes Zone. Are they planned to be released any time soon?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  15. Greenknight9000

Greenknight9000

Okay, that's pretty funny. I can see myself definitely buying it just for shits and giggles.

16. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    If there's a demand for it, I could. I just planned on releasing along with SC2 within the next few months.

17. Any particular new news on this? Would be happy to hear basically anything...

18. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I thought this was the day I could finally play Sonic Classic 2. I am disappoint.

19. Hez

Hez

Oldbie

You had good timing. Figured I'd show an update since a lot of overhauls have been done.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh wow a lot of work's been put into this, great job! Even changed Sonic's sprites lol