don't click here

Rumoured Music Event Suggests Sonic Adventure Is Making A Comeback

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Agobue, Jan 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agobue

Agobue

Nintendo Life: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...suggests_sonic_adventure_is_making_a_comeback

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    A Sonic Adventure remake would be a great test of waters.

3. Nova

Nova

The only reason I'd welcome it at all is it would shut everyone asking for it up and we could all be reminded of how shockingly average it is.

4. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    You’d be disappointed because that just means we’ll switch to complaining about a Sonic Adventure 2 remake instead :V

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Eizo Sakamoto? Why not Johnny Gioeli? Why does he seem to be getting left out so much recently?

6. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Oh boi if that’s true it’s going to be an interesting take on the song.

He seems quite busy with his own projects and family stuff, BUT… Crush 40 without Johnny? Give me a break!

7. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    While a remake could be neat,
    1: I'll care when there's an official announcement,
    2: I don't trust modern Sonic Team to make it good.

8. Speeps

Speeps

Rumor originating from an anonymous tip to TSSZ, is this the audio version of the good old warped blurry images on a black background thing?

9. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    I for one don't want a SA1 remake because it will be done in the boost engine (or some poor variant of it like Lost World). The only way it would be worth it was if they remade the SA engine

10. MH MD

MH MD

we JUST had an adventure music event last month -and years before-, what makes people think this will be different ? why didn't anyone hype the latest music event then for "possible adventure return"? Clickbaits thats why.

EDIT:maybe "clickbait" isn't that fair as i read and there is more nuances to what was written, still i doubt that this matters at all as a "new clurs for a possible adventure remake" cause as i said, this isn't the first adventure-themed music event in those last years, i have the "Sonic Adventure Music Experience" versions of some adventure tracks and they are lovely

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  11. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Yea, and I've got the t-shirt from the last one :V

After listening to the tracks I'm on the fence about the validity of this leak. The vocals and audio going out of sync seems like compelling evidence but...

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

SA1 is such a huge game. It has: 6 playable characters with different gameplay styles and movesets, 11 huge levels that are traversed by three characters each, 3 expansive hub areas with secrets for each character, full cutscenes for each story (technically with slightly different cutscenes depending on who you're playing as), an entire A-life system...

SA1 is enormous. The only other Sonic games that really compare are SA2, '06 and Unleashed. Unleashed came out over 11 years ago, and in the years that followed the games have all been much smaller in terms of scope and content. There's definitely quantity in the number of stages in games like Forces and Colours, but that's achieved through bottom of the barrel level design like this and this. SEGA are putting out new 3D Sonic games every couple of years, and they're relatively tiny these days. But despite the small size of the games in terms of content, the quality is dire.

That's what really makes me doubt this rumour. I don't think that SEGA wants to make Sonic games on such a big scale anymore. They're spending all their time and money making these relatively small games. Are they really able to put out something as bold as an SA1 remake in that time? Are they even interested in it, or capable? Considering their efforts with Forces and Lost World as 3D games that control like crap and strip back 3D gameplay to corridors with all the real gameplay hapoening in 2D... My expectations are low. I doubt that SA1 is being remade. And if if is... It's going to be bad.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    As was discussed in the Supreme Topic of Other Knowledge: Isn't it far more likely this was just rehearsals for SAME? Lot of rabid Adventure fans seeing a small pile of sand and making a sand dune out of it.

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Yea I hadn't considered that. Count me as a rabid Adventure fan!

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This is what happens when they give us nothing to talk about for months or possibly years at a time.

16. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Ah, but lest we forget. The Sonic Pillar team just started their latest and greatest campaign of contest """clues"""" to power the speculation mill once more! Here we go again!

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I can't put into words just how much I hate this impatience and straw-clutching. Everything and anything that anyone at SEGA says gets latched on to like crazy. Then we have the Sonic Twitter putting out "more clues", which in the past were really hinting towards absolutely nothing in particular. But people still drum up hype on nothing, and blame SEGA for not being forthcoming enough with games currently in development.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh I mean I agree with you, I'm just saying it how I see it lol.

I'm glad Sonic Twitter has moved away from the cryptic hints for the most part though. That was more annoying than anything

19. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I can't blame fans for clutching at straws. Sega does feed it with all the teasing they do.

I personally switch off when I see Sega giving any past inspired hints. The worst was when they spent all that time teasing the Sonic R logo only for it to end up being Team Sonic Racing, which had little to do with the Saturn game. Based on that, if an Adventure remake is in the works, I expect it to be another game in the Colours to Forces style, which just has Adventure branding slapped on.

20. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.