don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Director's Cut

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Ultrared, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Will this keep the levels that made the final cut that were in the first drafts mostly unchanged, or choose to go closer to the beta interpretations?

2. Ultrared

Ultrared

Sonic 2 Director's Cut
    Those zones should be based on the final graphics and layouts for the most part, but I'll attempt to restore any content that was cut from them (mostly badniks and gimmicks), and make what tweaks I deem necessary to accommodate said content.

DEZ will be expanded into a full-fledged zone with two acts based on the concept art.

There will also be an alternate version of the hack that uses early sprites and art. Among other changes, it will revert CNZ to its original look.

3. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    I know this two months old now but holy shit! I've missed a lot since I last looked at the forums. Finally someone's doing this sort of project. They told me no one would do it because it wasn't worth the effort. (or something along those lines anyway) This is a dream come true and your work so far looks very impressive. Please don't give up on this project man. I myself as well as others are very excited for this. You have my full support!

4. CollinAB

CollinAB

Sonic 2 Ultimate Showdown (CANCELLED), Sonic 1 25th Anniversary edition, S3K CollinAB Edition (CANCELLED)
    This hack sounds like it could be a great idea, btw, will Hidden Palace & Wood be included, along with the ability to fly as Tails, like in Sonic 3?