don't click here

UNSEEN(??) SONIC 1 BETA ART

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SMpai, Aug 29, 2019.

1. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Nope, they lock the player's movement when on the ground beyond a certain point. If you jump from far enough back you can jump over the area at which you stop.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. FireRat

FireRat

Nah. Fuck it. Banned
    Chile
    Mobius Evolution 2

I don't know why people has suddently decided to tell I'm wrong, more often than before. When you don't give the final hit, there's both a control lock and a "margin" at the ledge, or invisible wall of sorts, preventing you from falling. When you give the final hit, the control lock is still present, but not the invisible wall. I've fixed said bug in the video above, and it's very visible. You can probably find proof for the death bug in some other video. Believe me now?

By the way, the reason why eggman crashes specifically at green hill: In Rev00 ROM, said sprites are loaded into VRAM during this part of the ending. Within the disassembly at github, you can see it's effectively true at s1disasm\_inc\Pattern Load Cues.asm

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  3. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    I've always thought the HUD shouldn't be in this ending cutscene. It just gets in the way. Just a thought. The background change and exploding eggman adds a surprising amount to the cutscene. In an ideal world, I would combine this and Sonic 1 Never Stop Running for the ultimate Sonic 1 experience :>

4. SMpai

SMpai

A past sega of Japan employee that I don’t want to name

5. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Cool to see, I always felt the end of sonic 1 was a little thrown together (edit, I should say cut back), no shock.

6. SMpai

SMpai

Great work! You did really well!

I agree, I’m really glad to see that this will hopefully influence future sonic 1 beta/ normal sonic 1 hacks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2019