don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. JayKuriN

JayKuriN

Kat Kitty Kat Kat Kitty Kat Kat Member
    It may not be as good as all these other great projects, but here I go.

I’m, JayKuriN. Right now I’m working on a hack called “Sonic 2 - KuriN Edition”.
    Boring name I know. I’ve been working on it for a good amount of months now, trying to learn the ins and outs of Sonic 2, and I think it’s coming along pretty well. I’ve added some beta zones, changed some already existing zones, and plan on adding zones that were in the design documents, I’m also adding in my own zones.

Here’s a Vid showing my take on Wood Zone, Secret Forest.

Here’s another video showing off some general stuff:

Yes, I know, the art in Cyber City is broken, I’m gonna post a better, more up to date video tomorrow when I have the time. It’s been worked on since then.
    (First Post! Yipee!)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  2. Nintorch

Nintorch

Just another programmer. Member
    There are a lot actually..
    I think it is a good start, also I like Cyber City's art, it's not bad :thumbsup:

3. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.

4. TheBlad768

TheBlad768

Russia
    Hellfire Saga trailer arises from infernal depths!

Hack by Hardline Team, trailer by Solarein Eylinor featuring original soundtrack by Gerry Trevino.

See you on SHC2019!

5. Jdpense

Jdpense

Sonic 2 Chaos Adventure
    @TheBlad768 - This was one of my favorite hacks from last year's contest and I am excited for this updated release!

Now as for my project, I am back with an update of a multiplayer mode for my hack! Please note that this is a work in progress, so it is still a bit buggy...

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You know what, despite the lack of vertical visibility I much prefer what you did here than what they did in Sonic 2/Sonic Mania (well pre-Plus patch anyway before they let you play with the normal aspect ratio in multiplayer). Nicely done.

7. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Member
    Canada
    So the original Ray in Sonic 1 was released in 2007, and since the release of Sonic Mania Plus, it has become horribly outdated. I've made it my task to make an updated version to reflect Ray's move set and art of Sonic Mania Plus. Here are some screenshots from the current build:
    upload_2019-8-27_18-44-45.png upload_2019-8-27_18-45-29.png
    upload_2019-8-27_18-46-52.png upload_2019-8-27_18-47-57.png
    upload_2019-8-27_18-49-8.png upload_2019-8-27_18-50-22.png
    upload_2019-8-27_18-53-33.png upload_2019-8-27_18-54-20.png
    I'm not sure when I'll release it, I can tell you that it's close to being finished, but I want to iron out bugs and generally just make this really special.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Very nice! Nice to see Ray's new sprites put to good use. I hope all the old Mighty and Ray hacks get updated now (Mighty and Ray in Sonic 2 please)

9. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member

Once upon a time, I was working on a Sonic 2 hack. This was the title screen I made for it (sans the logo anyway). I've had these videos unlisted on my YouTube channel since 2015, but with the project being well and truly dead, I figure I might as well finally make them public.

The idea was that the game would start on the Death Egg, where Eggman would trap Sonic, and warp him to other dimensions, forcing him to travel through levels from other games, including Star Zone from Mario Land 2, Whoa Zone from Super Paper Mario, and Sand Zone from Cave Story. Yes, it was a requirement that each level have 'zone' in its name.

If this sounds slightly familiar to you, well, part of the reason this hack was cancelled was because Sonic Mania came out.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Nice~

I cannot decide which one I prefer actually. If you were to resume the project (which I think you should), might I suggest you use both, such that every time you start the game up (or reset the game) one or the other displays? That would be swell.

I really like the shortened version of the Sonic Retro logo, it's to the point and not as obnoxious, and I really admire the alternate SEGA logo design, something about there being a white outline is enjoyable to me.

If your fear of continuing the project is based on people accusing you of copying Sonic Mania, it's understandable, but I think it's irrational, I've never played Mania, but people have shoved clips in my face, and there have been times I've gone "Wait a minute, I recognise that... You son of a bitch". If it is a concern, change up the story a bit, but don't throw away the work.

11. Jdpense

Jdpense

Sonic 2 Chaos Adventure
    @Clownacy - I completely agree with Markey Jester here! You shouldn't throw away your project because I think the presentation for your project looks outstanding, and it would be a shame that awesome work like this gets thrown away...

Anyways, now I have some to showoff for my upcoming hack, which is a basic demonstration of how bosses will general work in my hack...

Coming to SHC 2019...

12. gamerz31w

gamerz31w

Banned
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  13. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    Ohhhhhhh I'm dying to see what'll happen next...

[​IMG]

14. Unlimited Trees

Unlimited Trees

we Do a Little Mischief, Mischief... Member
    When
    UNITRES, Project Time, etc.
    i cant believe sonic is freaking DYING,,,

15. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Member
    Canada
    Sonic 1: Thanos edition? Sonic probably doesn't feel so good with missing pixels like that.
    Jokes aside, my guess is that this is a new Ring Ride game, this time around, collecting rings causes Sonic to disintegrate more and more. But I could be wrong. Looking forward to this, Markey!

16. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    I don't know if this happens for all of you, but MarkerJester's animations are kind of hypnotic.

17. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    is this a joke on 60fps interpolated animations

18. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    Tis not a joke, and we're one step closer:

[​IMG]

19. Devon

Devon

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Tech Member
    your mom

Running with the Sega Virtua Processor. Gonna try to make something out of this.

20. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    OOOOOOF! That was just music to my ears. I'd kill to have that SEGA splash across all of the games.