don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I don't think that's confirming he is an orphan. He's just saying Sonic has no parents in the games, which is true.

The only characters with FAMILY are Tikal and Cream.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hey, just noticed something. Look at this:
    [​IMG]

And now look at this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    B-but I thought he was born in 1947 on Christmas Island?

4. Powpuck

Powpuck

All this time I thought that satellite dish was a clock face. I'm unsure of everything now.

5. Flygon

Flygon

Clearly his Egg was found at the Chao Daycare, and nobody is quite sure where it came from. :V

6. Powpuck

Powpuck

He's the true Ultimate Lifeform Professor Gerald was working on when GUN shut him down.

He's a jacket decal that came to life. :V

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!

Ummm... So yea that show on Cartoon Network "OK KO! Let's Be Heroes" is having a Sonic crossover episode. They managed to shove about 6 references in that short clip so from that perspective at least it should be a neat episode but who the hell thought of this anyway?

Hell even an AoSTH reference of all things is in there. And the comic the kid is holding seems to be one of the old ass Archie issues from the Death Egg Saga arc from 1996. Someone did their homework.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Wow, they even did Naka's blueish fade in/out. Someone really did their homework.

9. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    OK KO is indeed OK. Last crossover episode they did was an underwhelming nostalgia wank. If they go all out with fight choreography, I'll be impressed. But for now, The clip speaks for itself: elementary school age boy engages in hero worship, this time with Sonic.

10. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Apparently this was rumored for weeks, I think someone leaked details for it a month back or so.

Surprised Sonic had enough pull with CN to do a crossover thing and Sega/CN both agreed to do it. Sonic Boom got pretty lousy airtime on CN during its original run (early Saturday weekends with little promotion, it was said that the channel didn't show advertisements for the show didn't show up until after the first episode aired).

At the same time though, I assume this crossover idea got traction since OK KO's production staff are also clearly Sonic fans to a notable level (there's a recurring old cat that wears yellow Sonic shoes; and one episode has a movie director that's a sendup to AoSTH's Wed Weasley, he has a unmoving plaid attire and I'm pretty sure even has the same voice actor).

11. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I find it really surprising how many crossovers OK KO alone has done. Not just that Crossover Nexus (which was awesome, imho), but with others like the Ghoul School, Captain Planet, and now Sonic. I'm honestly shocked this is actually happening. IIRC, OK KO is made under Studio Yotta, and they did help out with making the Sonic Mania intro .

EDIT: Found out on Twitter that there is a minor character on the show named "Shadamy." Yep.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  12. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Ian Jones Quartey is a huge Sonic fan btw, the creator of the show. It's no wonder that he knows his stuff, that's also why Steven Universe has some Sonic references too. I need to watch the series again, especially after seeing this!

13. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I just remembered something. Lord Boxman in OK KO is voiced by Jim Cummings. I haven't watched the show lately, but he's still in it, right?

14. Pengi

Pengi

Ian Jones-Quartey was an active part of the online Sonic fan community, going back 20 years: http://archive.sonichq.net/fanfair/pics/fanart.html

15. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    This gave me more tingles than Sonic Mania ever has tbh. OK KO did a wonderful job with their Captian Planet crossover, and hell the Crossover Nexus ep was fucking amazing, I'm very happy to see this is happening!

16. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    He is, and Boxman's already my ideal Robotnik so this is just too fucking perfect.

17. Vertekins

Vertekins

Wants to know everything about Sonic Member
    Midlands, England, UK, over there in Europe.
    Translating Sonic info. Working on Concept Mobius. Also, trying to find extant footage of original Sonic CD special stage.
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (And I did do a search and didn't turn up anything) but according to Naoto Oshima on Twitter...;

[​IMG]

Those white cuff-like things on Sonic's shoes are not socks, they're part of the shoes.

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I've always felt that was the case. :V

19. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    First off, thanks for clarifying that.

Then again, wouldn't it look really weird if they weren't part of his shoes? ._.

20. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    I always thought that was the case seeing as the white cuff has always been drawn in the power sneaker powerup!

I think AoStH showed it as socks a few times but it's not like that show was known for its consistent art style :V