don't click here

Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/May 21st 2019)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, May 25, 2018.

1. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    Oof. Gonna have to get used to that new Knuckles voice. Still, neat to hear Kyle Hebert back as Big for the first time since Colors DS (and apparently pulling double-duty as Dodon Pa).

Also, putting money down on Sumo releasing an eighth set of tracks consisting of Egg Hangar, Galactic Parade, and Sanctuary Falls as DLC.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I would be happy if they did this and also released another team of characters.

3. Yes, obviously. Same thing basically happened with Sonic Mania.

By the way, I think Lost Palace is my favorite music of the game for now:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRfxRviEhTA

So fuckin' good. Can't wait to it release in Spotify.

4. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I put that on my drive home from work. I needed that smile.

5. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Agreed. Any bets on who composed it? Jun? Tee? Maybe even Ohtani?

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9vtC_erQh4

What the hell is going on with Silver's voice?

Also they explain how Silver got back to the present. Dondon Pa (the Tanooki guy) sent him back because I guess he's able to do that. Still more of an explanation than Forces gave us :v: Oh yea also all game characters confirmed to be racist against Tanookis except for Big.

And the renders used for the cutscenes continue to look nicer than the default models. I'm hoping these are used again in the future.

EDIT: https://nintendosoup.com/team-sonic-racing-scores-85-from-famitsu/

We have our first review of the game from Famitsu, scoring a 34/40. Not bad!

7. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I don't think that's Laura Bailey playing Blaze, either. Has anyone beaten the game and seen the credits yet?

8. Pengi

Pengi

The way it's phrased, it sounds like Dodon Pa sent the invitation to the future, and Silver traveled back in time himself.

9. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    Still waiting for someone to actually reach the credits, but I'm pretty sure that Bryce Papenbrook is the new Silver and Erica Lindbeck is Blaze and Omochao. Don't quote me on that, though. No idea on Knuckles or Zavok, though. (And hoping Omega got recast too...)

10. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Yeah, I'm thinking it's Papenbrook. Sounds similar to the voice he uses for Meliodas in The Seven Deadly Sins dub. Could be wrong, but if not, it's a bit disappointing that Quinton Flynn isn't voicing Silver anymore.

11. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Regardless of who it is it sounds pretty bad. Wonder why they changed it. Scheduling issues?

12. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    Okay, someone finally reached the credits. Here's a list of all the actors in the game:

Roger Craig Smith
    Colleen O'Shaughnessey
    Cindy Robinson
    Mike Pollock
    Karen Strassman
    Kirk Thornton
    Keith Silverstein
    Patrick Seitz
    Bryce Papenbrook
    Kyle Hebert
    Dave Mitchell
    Wally Wingert
    Aaron LaPlante
    Erica Lindbeck

So that confirms Silver, Blaze, Omochao, Knuckles, Omega and Zavok as the recast characters. We already know the first three, and Wingert is reprising Cubot, and I'm like 85% sure Seitz is Zavok. Couldn't tell you which of the others is Knuckles or Omega though.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Huh, I wonder why they were recast? Honestly I didn't even notice Knuckles being off, or Blaze really (but she hasn't been in anything since like, what, Generations?). Haven't heard Omega or Zavok yet though so I couldn't tell you.

EDIT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihMzAP0rC0k

GameXplain reviewed the game, they like it a lot. In fact the review embargo has been lifted so expect more of those to come, although I can't look at them at work because certain game related websites are blocked for some reason. Currently on Metacritic it has a score of 71 with an even split of positive and mixed reviews. General conclusion seems to be that the team mechanic actually makes the game more fun than you'd think and it seems almost shallow without it, the game controls well and looks nice and sounds great but is a bit of a downgrade after ASRT. So hey this one is genuinely ok it seems. Glad they delayed the game.

14. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Omega most likely got a new voice actor due to reasons I cannot mention here (don't wanna get in trouble), but everyone else, it is rather odd. As Dark mentioned, didn't notice that much of a difference with Blaze, but Knuckles' voice does sound a bit deeper than before. At least for me. I do like Bryce Papenbrook, but I can't say I agree with his take on Silver in this game. Don't hate it, but gonna take some getting used too.

15. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    My guess is that the voice actors in question didn't want to come back to the roles. This isn't like say Sonic Colors where everyone got recast so that's my guess.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK75bpg2aD4

It's interesting seeing some of the differences from the E3 version to the final. Mostly UI stuff but from what I can point out the following changed:

- They made the character icons on the corners of the screen take up less space
    - They redid the renders for said character icons to make their expressions far less derpy (and in Shadow's case gave him more renders so he's not just looking at you all the time)
    - That Race Results background seems to no longer exists. It now shows your character continuing to race while everything is being tallied
    - The lap and ring counts were moved to make way for a map that didn't exist until the delay IIRC
    - The Race Results music was a remix of the main theme and not the Mania Competition fanfare music (which TBH is a lot more fitting and exciting anyway)
    - At least on the PS4 anyway the game runs a lot smoother than it's E3 counterpart
    - The "Total score" tally is broken in the E3 version as it displays a total score of 00.00.00 before tallying up the points, that was fixed in the final

17. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member

Livestream of the entire story mode. Currently watching it, seems story is just a challenge mode which is a nice way of doing it.

Edit: Watching the vid, looks like I was wrong about the team banter being "subpar". Haven't seen that atrocious "daddy" line but Sonic saying, "Don't text and drive" put a smile on my face. Sonic even wags his finger in the car.

Edit 2: The story segments are optional. You have to hit the correct button (X is straight to the race, Square shows the cutscene then race) to view.

Edit 3: There are mirrored tracks/mirror mode.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Story mode seems like a spiritual successor to whatever they called the similar mode in ASRT. A lot of exclusive challenges that for some reason aren't available outside of the game which is a shame. I'm sure some of those challenges would make good multiplayer modes if modified enough.

19. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    Got confirmation: Dave Mitchell is Knuckles, Aaron LaPlante is Omega.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So apparently the rumor is Knuckles main voice actor is taking a break as he just had a kid, so this seems like a last minute sound alike sorta thing