don't click here

SXSW Gaming Teasing A Sonic Announcement For Tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

What? Last year was pretty much all about Mania; they announced the DLC, physical release and Mania Adventures. If you're going to hype up new game announcements, spare us the inevitable compatibility about being misled when it turns out to be nothing so major.

2. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    :(

3. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

TSR was also announced at SXSW last year fwiw

4. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Wait just a moment here.

Takashi Iizuka (SEGA of America)

Did it say that last year or the year before? Shouldn't it just say "SEGA" like with Jun? If so, this could be a confirmation of SoA being in charge of Sonic.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh damn yea good eye there. That's a pretty good sign that SoA is in control of things now, which honestly good. Hopefully Sonic is in better hands now.

6. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    Im a bit confused, aren't we suppose to have an announcement by now?

7. RDNexus

RDNexus

Said announcement was that Iizuka, Webber and Senoue will be on SXSW on mid-March, possibly to talk of new stuff Sonic-wise or something.

8. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Jasmin Hernandez, too.

9. RDNexus

RDNexus

Yes, I knew it was four people attending the event from SEGA's side, but I only remembered those three's names...

10. Ah yes, the signature Sega style announcement of an announcement happening a month from now

11. Pengi

Pengi

They didn't, SXSW did. It's standard practice for expos to let their audience know in advance what panels are scheduled and what to expect from each one.

12. I didn't say Sega did. That's why I called it Sega styled. They teased an announcement of a vague announcement of a panel happening.