don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. So, boosting the levels in Photoshop tells us a few more things.

- completely blue body, apart from the hands, no gloves

- 'real' hedgehog shaped muzzle - is it also blue?

- green glass like eyes just set into the head, no whites?

[​IMG]

2. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Into the Sonic-verse. Featuring pakistan sonic, bootleg obama sonic... and paramount sonic.

3. lupinsmask

lupinsmask

I thought 4chan was just screwing with me. hollywood why is this real?!

I'm sure hollywood could screw penders in court so they could use the various sonics in pre-reboot archie then fuck it up somehow.

4. Yuzu

Yuzu

he's legitimately terrifying

5. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Christ, it slowly gets worse the more you look at it.

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    For real this time though, guys.

7. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    I brushed these off as a joke when I first read them, but after seeing that movie poster they don't seem quite as far-fetched.

8. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    And Pikachu with a sombrero.

9. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    And we got Mania 3 years later. I'll be using that.

10. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Literally the ONE thing that is impossible to fuck up....they fucked up. Rings have NEVER sounded like that....EVER!!! The backlash is going to be worse than Sonic 2006 .

But I'm still going to see it through....

11. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I mean, why would you go and see something you know you're not going to enjoy? I'm sure as hell not going to see this movie, just like I never bothered to play any of the Boom games.

12. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Everyone involved in this needs to be unemployed for eternity

13. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Yeah, why support abominations like this? The last thing we want is Paramount thinking that we want more of this.

14. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
  15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Only way I'm seeing this is through bootleg sites. I rarely see good movies I'm not paying to see "Sonic" stars in The Room of video game movies.

I'm currently trying not to drink but I think this movie may require alcohol, or at least pot.

16. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    This is why deep down, I gave up on Sonic shortly after I got tired of playing All-Stars RT (along with Generations, are my favorite 3D Sonic titles). I bought Mania on Steam as well but have only clocked all of 75 minutes on it before never touching it again because I just don't care anymore. Mania looks great though, but still.

The sheer level of inconsistency with this franchise is disgraceful. Sonic has no identity whatsoever. Besides running fast and eating fucking chili dogs, what is Sonic all about? All of this reinventing the wheel shit has turned the franchise into a circus. There's no planning or direction, it's just a mystery box of content released year after year with shitty to mediocre results at best.

This movie poster just proves that change/evolution needs a legitimate justification in order to be a positive thing.

This. Has no justification. If it ain't broke, don't fix it or change it for "the next generation of fans." Fuck the new fans. Look at what happened to Star Wars.

Honor the past and everything that made something great in what it was and it will continue to thrive. Changes need to be gradual and incremental, otherwise you throw everything out of balance and you alienate your entire fanbase. But who am I right? My opinion doesn't matter anyway. If you complain about a product in 2018, the developer will just double down on their direction.

Don't support this.

17. I saw this earlier. It really is on point, and it just goes to show how naturally Sonic's design lends itself to CGI, despite what Paramount thinks.

It truly is amazing that they somehow managed to make something so universally reviled that not even Sega or Sonic's designers can pretend to like it. Even Yasuhara is getting in on this: https://mobile.twitter.com/Yasuharah/status/1072127040990568448

18. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    I've been tagged and shared this constantly over the last 24 hours, and every time, I cringe. I mean, what the hell is this? Who is it even supposed to appeal to? I don't understand it.

What's more worrying is that I read somewhere (not too sure where) that this studio had to run this design by Sega several times to ensure they were OK with it. Please, someone, tell me that's a joke. I mean, there's no way anyone internally at Sega signed this off, right? Right?!

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    My friend who's not even that into Sonic anymore texted me about this and said he wants to unsee the poster and that he's actually mad about this haha.

It's been a day and this still makes me angry :v: I just hope that somewhere right now an exec of this movie is being chewed out for this being universally despised.

20. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Someone there had to have approved it. Besides the legal use of the character, there's probably a binding on how a character can be visually be portrayed as well, so as to not damage the IP.

I assume. Right? Anyone?