don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    This is worse than I could've possibly imagined. Please keep going, make me feel alive again.

2. Linkabel

Linkabel

They didn't give him any socks so his feet are going to get sweaty.

3. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Oh, it was an adaptation of CD this whole time?
    [​IMG]

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    I had to post again because I know Sega knows this is bad.

I was hoping for Super Mario Bros but I think we're getting Dragonball Evolution.

5. cornholio857

cornholio857

The Great Cornholio Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    In search of TP
  6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yea I have to wonder how they're feeling about all this now that it's out in the open. I have not seen one person say anything positive save for a furry who thought it looked alright.

Should have put that money towards a game budget Sega, but nope, you had to make this thing come to life.

7. Wow, okay... um...

I was hoping to see this with my sis for our birthday, but... I was hoping for just a bad story, not THIS! Good lord, the Mario movie is probably going to be the next Citizen Kane compared to this!!!

Hollywood will NEVER learn. Dragon Ball Evolution, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Gostbusters 2016, the freaking Ninja Turtles from 2014 -- I should have known this was coming. We all should have, but this goes beyond expectations for sure.

Instead of a dumpster fire, we're probably gonna get an atomic bomb. ):

8. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real
    That's not real

Please

No

9. This is exactly how I feel. It has rejuvenated me on this cold winter's day. I pray to god Sonic also has no muzzle like in that drawing, that would just be fantastic.

10. Volphied

Volphied

「限界の向こうは無限大」 Member
    This creepy semi-realistic anatomy is something I would expect from a drawing made by Ken Penders.

Whyyyyyyyy

11. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Oh my god.

What if there's a Penders in the credits?

It's gotta be him right? Even if the first name doesn't match.

12. Creature SH

Creature SH

Schwen Benders

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    More like this:

[​IMG]

:v:

14. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    [​IMG]

Horrendous. Truly horrendous.

15. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    [​IMG]

Separated at birth?

16. RikohZX

RikohZX

I really don't get it. If you want to make in a tie-in movie that basically exists as advertisement for the series and is meant to draw in both fans and newcomers, why take such a radical departure that it might as well be something else withe the names slapped on top? Why does Hollywood obsess with doing that? Creative artists that refuse to contain themselves and think they can do better? Thinking turning these things into realistic designs would better fit with real human actors? Or what?

17. Creature SH

Creature SH

You gotta think of executives as really simple-minded, very mean dogs.
    They gotta pee on it to claim it.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I mean @KetDarkDragon on Twitter made this fan version of that poster and it looks 1000x times better. Like if they had to do what they did couldn't they have gone this route? Like this is still weird but it's fine at least.

[​IMG]

What are the chances that Jim Carrey Eggman isn't even bald, is thin, and wears like a suit with black dress pants, a red sports coat and a yellow button down shirt? "Yea that's Eggman guys, we wanted to make it look like Eggman fit in with the human world so we made him look nothing like Eggman" :v:

19. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Oh my God. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. They can put as much glowing blue neon around it to try to make it look cool as much as they want and it'll still be nightmare fuel. It's an abomination of a design. It is hilarious in how ridiculous it is - but it's also very very bad. This film has a budget of almost 100 million dollars. As someone previously said imagine if that money was given to a game. I've been an optimistic defender of this project since the beginning but there just doesn't seem to be any other outcome now than this being an inevitable car crash.

I guess really we should wait for the trailer that's probably coming soon now - but this really isn't a good sign. I don't think this will destroy Sonic - video games have been surviving terrible Hollywood adaptations since gaming began. But it's not a nice thought that this will cause damage to a brand that is already quite fragile. The only glimmer of hope we have now is a potential Mania successor.

Shit like this however while we wait for the next game just isn't helping. As I said we'll probably be getting the trailer soon. So there's that I guess? :(

20. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    [​IMG]

I came here from the general forum section to laugh at you.