don't click here

Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/May 21st 2019)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, May 25, 2018.

1. Nova

Nova

I don't get it either, I mean, Jim Sterling was public enemy #1 for a fair stretch of time thanks to his opinion on Colours as far as I remember - why does there seem to be this attachment of Egoraptor to Sonic (social media, Grumps plays, etc) when the dude spent several episodes unfairly nitpicking at Sonic 3 & Knuckles? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not like I give a shit either way, but the dude very clearly just doesn't like Sonic.

2. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Honestly, I like this new SEGA policy of delaying games instead of rushing them out. As long as they use the extra time to polish up the game, make it the best it can possibly be, then fair do's.

3. I am so happy it got delayed. My hype has gone from, "yeah, I'll totally end up getting it," to "this might actually be worth getting right at release."

4. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Conversely, if the game does suck, it will hit them even harder. Double edged sword.

5. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Fanboy rage will rage. That's all that is.

If I'm gonna be as cynical as possible, we are getting Team Classic Sonic with a Mania stage. Mania is still hot so gotta chase those trends.

6. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    And there it is. Not surprised given how janky the framerate was in some builds and SD is still working on trying to get Crackdown 3 out the door as well. Hopefully they improve making it more engaging to play too (or at least actually have interesting gameplay to show the next time they showcase it); ASR but "more Sonic, no Sega, teamwork mechanics" wasn't really interesting.

I think this marks the third Sonic game that's been officially announced to have a delay ever since the fallout that was the first two Boom games. Not quite as long as Boom: Fire & Ice (pushed back an entire year, 2015 > 2016) but a bit longer than what Mania received (Spring 2017 > August 2017).

(By the way Sega, you know what would be nice? Using TSR's delay out of the holiday season to give Mania Plus some much needed mainstream exposure--TV commercials, print/magazine ads, the works. Mania Adventures aside, you haven't really done much to promote a game you thought reviewed/sold well enough for a retail re-release...)

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eXgj0Le810

WOW A Sandopolis remix done by Tee Lopes & Jun Senoue.

It is godly.

8. That remix is amazing, the track itself looks cool too. The elements of the game I knew would be good are starting to show up, so I'm officially hyped.

9. Modern

Modern

what tu hecc is modern! Member
    Holy shit this remix is BLESSED. Can't believe my boy Tee is actually contributing music to the game, I might pick this game up after all.

10. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Seeing how King Boom Boo is there, I'd figure that a Pyramid Cave remix would have been used. Regardless, this is a fun new version of Sandopolis. Just played through S3K yesterday.

11. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Same here. I wasn't interested in this game, but knowing that the OST is made by Tee actually makes me want to try it out, at least.

Also, I get happy every time something official related in some form to S3K comes out.

12. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Day one purchase.

13. Beltway

Beltway

Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    ...is this the first time Sandopolis's music has been revisited since that S&K re-synchronized soundtrack album from the late 90s? I don't think it has been since, at least up until now.

Between Generations, Mania, and now TSR; I think that's all of the zones / major tracks from S&K that has had their tracks at the very least remixed. Safe to say that the entire S&K half of is legally in the clear in regards to music?

(Meanwhile, Generations and Mania do show the first half of Sonic 3's zones--Angel Island, Hydrocity, Marble Garden-- are safe. The second half is still in limbo, although that officially-licensed Sonic remix album Spindash did have at least two songs with clear remixes of Icecap weaved within them, surprisingly enough.)

That aside, it's a well-done remix regardless. Nice to see Tee Lopes becoming more of a regular composer for Sonic games after the fantastic work he did with Mania.

14. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Did Death Egg get remixed? Where?

15. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I'd love for Tee to become a regular composer for future games. This remix is so good.
    I'm also happy to see Jun is back for this game. He's been kinda absent lately, hasn't he ?

16. Beltway

Beltway

Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Bonus track from Generations, albeit it's more of a MIDI-style re-arrangement. Flying Battery and Marble Garden have similar bonus track re-arrangements in the game as well.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's the only one left out musically, but the level itself appears in Forces All Stars Racing DLC (retro track in ASRT). Shame that the track has so far gone unremixed.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What was up with those midi rearrangements for S3K and Spinball in Generations? Sonic 1 and 2 weren't remixed in anyway.

Spinball's makes sense I guess because the original sounded like garbage but the S3k ones were fine.

19. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    You can download the soundtrack, (OST if they actually SELL IT) and not have to buy the game. Just a reminder!

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Absolutely loving that Sandopolis remix.