don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Nah, they're gonna save it all for the mid-credits Stinger!
    Carrey/Eggman is going to drive his ring-stealing mobile off a cliff in the finale, then he'll emerge hairless from the wreckage during the [Licenced band music track], put on the signature Eggman shades and shout "I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG"

TO BE CONTINUED

2. Xilla

Xilla

Maybe Sonic will make him TEAR EVERY HAIR FROM HIS BEAUTIFUL HEAD ;)

Hopefully they won't go down the route that awful Legend of Chun Li did where they decided a guy in a red military uniform flying around talking about Psycho Power was too much....

3. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

Honestly yeah, wouldn't be surprised at a mid-movie event where he pulls his hair out or something.

4. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Earning the title of Baldy McNosehair, I hope guess?

5. Speeps

Speeps

If I hear Baldy McNosehair in this film I'll be the one tearing their hair out

6. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I share this sentiment.

7. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I suspect all will be quiet on this as they shoot the movie for the time being - though we may get more on-set images and perhaps more story leaks in the meantime. It's still shocking and ridiculous to me that we're getting a major Hollywood Sonic movie starring Jim Carrey. Sometimes I still think this isn't even real. Honestly can't wait for the inevitable trailer just to see the responses on here. It's also worth noting that however much we don't like the concept here, similar movies to this (family live-action with CGI) don't usually bomb.

Similar movies to this have been huge hits, which is probably why Paramount are making this to begin with. So whilst there's every chance this'll bomb because stuff like this is so unpredictable - there is still the chance this'll be a massive box office hit.

8. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I just hope they don't do some awful redesign, that sparks a tv show with it, and changes him completely. I actually fear it a lot.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The release window basically sets this one up to die though. While what you say is true, it also comes out around Star Wars Episode IX and Frozen 2.

10. Linkabel

Linkabel

Here's the thing, in a lot of ways this movie has all the makings of a dark horse which gives me a little bit of hope for it. But it's hard to remain hopeful once you start to see all the hurdles the movie has to clear in order to have some success.

I do wish it does well though so fingers crossed.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    So anyway, how do you guys expect Sonic's redesign to look like? Because it's entirely possible that they're not just going to reuse his in-game/cutscenes model...

I'm expecting a lot more semi-realistic spikes and two separate eyes at this point. Also, front mouth is a given.

Oh, and something colored in an unusual way! Maybe he won't be wearing gloves until he has to drive a car, later in the movie? (To make people go "Ah! So THAT"s why Sonic wears gloves!") :v:

12. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    I hope there is a modest redesign because his in-game model will look very strange and disproportioned alongside humans. I think it does generally. His hands for example would look really weird, idk. I am sort of hoping for a blend of modern and old design. Modern looks too derpy and classic looks too round and pudgy in 3D, but I've seen good blends in some merchandise. Individuated eyes are a non-starter really.

13. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    [quote
    We actually have seen him next to real humans before - in that advert - so it's not completely unheard of.

14. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Since they have Marza doing the CG, I'm expecting them to get Sonic's (post-Adventure/modern) design mostly identical to the official CG renders/games. Namely expecting something akin to the Progression commercial some years back, except maybe with additional intrinsic details to his fur and clothing.

...which I guess might be good for authenticity to the source material, but IMO that's not really going to matter much considering how the production team --based on what we know with the reported story/premise and photography of the film sets-- are already going for something significantly different from the games as it is. So they might as well go all out with changes as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it could be the current design being hit with the typical Alvin/Smurfs/Turtles realism stick. Or maybe they could pull a Boom concept art and go for something that looks like it was made for an entirely different thing. Or some hybrid design of the existing designs (I've seen more than a few calls for Heese's classic/modern/Boom hybrid design he posted on Twitter to displace the existing designs and serve as being the "one true Sonic" design).

On that note, having a different design can be a benefit in terms of marketing/PR if the film turns out terrible, as the new design will be associated with the quality/mistakes that the film made. That's not going to happen with a design that matches the games...and for a design that already has negative associations tied to it as it is (poor quality control, "WTF?!" gameplay ideas, and repping an era of tryhard edgy presentation), running the risk of adding "shitty movie adaptations" to the list isn't a good look if you ask me! :v:

15. Linkabel

Linkabel

I wonder if Marza is still attached to the project since that could've changed when the project moved from Sony to Paramount.

To me it looks like a lot things were scrapped and started over so it wouldn't surprise me if Paramount decided to go without them.

16. I'm expecting a more realistic but still cartoony redesign.

17. Linkabel

Linkabel

God bless this movie for making Larry King do a Sonic voice.

https://twitter.com/TailsChannel/status/1033356071199551488?s=19

18. I never thought I would hear the names Larry King and Sonic in the same sentence. Kinda awesome.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What a fucking world we live in

Also how is Larry King still alive he looked dead back in the 90s.

20. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    He drinks the same juice David Attenborough does.