don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. corneliab

corneliab

and for the last song in the credits, as a special treat for the fans, a dramatic instrumental of "His World" plays, credited as "The Theme of Sonic the Hedgehog (1981)"

2. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

You both just saved us 90 minutes, thanks!

3. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Eggman has been lazy lately, his macguffins and badniks do all the same thing. Reminds me of that episode of Boom where he manipulates tomato sauce into killer robots.

4. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Not sure why they're even bothering tbh - we already had the best Live Action / Cartoon crossover made years ago

[​IMG]

naw I'm just kidding, you know all know it's the other one

5. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Space Jam is truly live-action/animation hybrid's box office kino.

*looks at the holiday 2019 competition*

lmao I hope to God they don't!

6. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    And the climax of the movie is Sonic saving the cop as they escape from Mega Mack

7. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Thing is our theories are probably going to be close to the final product. It's going to be as typical of a Hollywood film as possible so we're probably not far off the real plot here.

Bring on the trailer I say. I'm going to be there day one in theatres for this - even it's just going to be the anticipated car crash it's likely to be.

8. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Why don't we all just not give money to a movie we know will be bad and don't want to see more of?

9. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    No-one would blame you dude for just boycotting this and saying fuck the film given at the film's core and creative conceptual-level it just seems so beyond fucked and destined to be a train wreck - but something tells me this might be a modest success. I thinking children pushing to see their video game hero in a "family film" and that kind of audience. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see this do moderately well regardless of quality. Whether we like it or not there is an audience for this kind of shit and Paramount knows that - hence the "easy money" creative direction they're going with. I think what frustrates me the most is that Sega have produced some fucking awesome Sonic CGI over recent years showing they'd be more than capable in at least helping with a much more creatively sound film - and yet we're getting this instead. It bewilders the mind.

I'm still holding out hope this might be a so-bad-it's-good cult classic carried by Jim Carrey over-acting as Robotnik. However unlikely that may be.

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Don't forget the government chasing down Sonic sub plot that will eventually be resolved by them teaming up with Sonic and Mr. cop to stop Dr. Eggman.

11. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Anyone wanna place bets on if the words “blue lives matter” appear in the film or its marketing?

12. I just hope it's going to be an entertaining movie.

13. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I bet 50 rings they'll try it

14. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Carrey's Buttnik is live-action.
    Last line really sums up the movie production so far.

15. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Well thank fuck for that. That's one bit of positive and good news. I hope he acts his heart out and saves the movie - single handedly rendering it a timeless cult classic.

16. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Hm, sounds exciting. He is after all a professional. His performance will brush up the character.

17. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
  18. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Is that thing that looks like a bass drum pedal a placeholder to give an idea of Sonics height??

19. Mookey

Mookey

God I hope not, otherwise he'll be at about crotch level to everyone else. Though honestly I doubt he'd be much higher anyway.

20. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    This is happening. This is actually a movie that's happening. Day one in theatres because I just have to witness this slow motion car crash on opening night. And that's definitely apparatus indicating a CGI placeholder for Sonic. Seeing James Marsden on-set is beyond strange. The guy's in the critically acclaimed Westworld for Christ's sake.

If I were pushed to say something positive - well at least he would have read the script and thought it was decent enough to sign-on? Carrey would have been the same.