don't click here

Untitled Sonic Construct 2 Project.

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by OssieTheOstrich, Aug 2, 2018.

1. OssieTheOstrich

OssieTheOstrich

something something bird guy something Member
    Ask yourself, one question: Have you ever seen (or played) some really bad (or meh) Construct 2 Sonic games, and thought yourself "Why can't there be any good Construct 2 Sonic fan games!?".

Well I'm trying to make a Good (or decent, depending how you think it is) Construct 2 Sonic fan game, using the Sonic Physics plugin by Pixel Monkey.

The game will have Zones from official games, and fan-games/hacks.

Here's a gif showing the recent work on the project.
    [​IMG]

(and no, Green Hill won't be in the final project.)

2. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Consider me less hyped then ¯\_(?)_/¯ (lol jk)

An interesting project, I don't know a lot about Construct 2, but I really dig the miniatures sprites. I'm assuming the levels tiles will get the same treatment ? This could really make your fangame stand up from the crowd. I'm looking forward to more visuals!

3. Devon

Devon

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Tech Member
    your mom
    Why not try to make it original?

4. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    are you remaking the official game/fan-game/hack's graphics to match the style presented? If so, I actually think its kind of cool.

5. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Looks like excellent work dude. Very accurate physics which is impressive given the software. Levels from fangames is also quite the novel idea (can't think of that being attempted before?) so something like Egg Garden Zone from Retro Sonic or maybe Final Fall from Sonic XG (though that fangame is unreleased so not sure on that one) would be a sight to behold.

I think you have a very solid foundation here and I'd be interested to see more. Keep this thread alive and kicking and do keep us updated.

6. OssieTheOstrich

OssieTheOstrich

Because making original zones has been done to death, and there aren't many Sonic fan-games that use levels from other fan-games/hacks.

Yes, but it's going to be very time consuming.

Also i like to mention that not only is the topic about the game itself, but also about the graphics for the game too.

So here's a Sign Post.
    [​IMG]

The Sonic and Eggman/Robotnik were from a modified version of the ModGen versions that i made in 2016/2017.

7. PixelMonkey

PixelMonkey

As others have mentioned, the style of the graphics looks pretty great, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out! Best of luck working with the plugin, it (and Construct 2 itself for that matter) have some quirks to work around here and there.

8. Devon

Devon

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Tech Member
    your mom
    Original zones is now unoriginal, so being unoriginal by taking zones from other hacks and fan games is now an original idea?

9. OssieTheOstrich

OssieTheOstrich

Ok, let me rephrase, making original zones is a nightmare.

Sep 10 Update: The phrase is still true, but now I'm using original zones i made.

10. Super Egg

Super Egg

Master of MS Paint. Member
    Tomball, TEXAS
    Sonic 2 beta 3 hoax
    ok, let me paraphrase, doing actual work in a game I'm working on is a nightmare. OK? are you happy? :argh:/>/>

11. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I understand what he means, but phrasing could have been better. It would be easier to produce a game with assets and ideas already created, you'd just need to redo graphics/sizes to fit the game style. IMO, this sounds fun. I'd be more than happy to hand over assets to Sonic Classic to see a level or two re-imagined in a different engine.

12. Flare

Flare

Yeah I love the idea of celebrating fan games. Some fan games have really cool ideas I'd love to see get a Generations/Mania make over.

Do you have an idea on the ones you are wanting to incorporate or you open for suggestions?

13. OssieTheOstrich

OssieTheOstrich

Both. If anyone wants to give me graphics and maps of their fangame zones, send me a message. If the level their sending is not conflicting with or is simillar to another level (ex: Green Hill (Sonic 1) and Hazel Hill (Sonic Classic)), then i'll use it.

14. OssieTheOstrich

OssieTheOstrich

Added Monitors with rings.
    [​IMG]

15. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I like the attention to detail and effort so far, but please do something other than Green Hill. :psyduck: Angel Island, Palmtree Panic or Isolated Island would be much more refreshing and welcome, or even a Game Gear starter stage.

16. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I'd go even further and start with something like Flying Battery.

17. OssieTheOstrich

OssieTheOstrich

Actually the first stage is gonna be Hilltop Heights from Sonic BTS......... if LakeFeperd could give me the graphics and map of the zone, even though i sent him an message.
    If he either A (Doesn't respond) or B (Doesn't want his zone to be in the game), then i'll chose another fan game zone.

(i also already said that green hill won't be in the game, it'll just a proper test stage for loops, tunnels, and maybe a boss.)

18. OssieTheOstrich

OssieTheOstrich

Thanks to bennascar from deviantart and the Sonic Retro discord, i revamped Sonic's sprites.
    And also made a mechanism that allows tails to jump over obstacles.
    [​IMG]

19. The zone maps and graphics are technically easy to obtain since Lake has published the sources of most of his fangames, although you'd need to own Multimedia/Clickteam Fusion. I could try providing you with both if you want.

20. Flare

Flare

You could also reference some past Sonic games where maybe they don't have a level theme for you to use. Almost like bonus stage mini games or something, https://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Boom_(fan_game) and https://info.sonicretro.org/Tails_and_the_Quest_of_100_Rings for example. I'd love to see that celebration of all fan games , even before they got as polished as they are today.