don't click here

Sonic Mania Plus SPOILER THREAD with UNMARKED spoilers!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Harmony Friends, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Felik

Felik

Oh :v
    I've got an impression that both characters must be really close to each other and move really slow.
    Well, guess I should've experimented a bit

Still "both must be on the ground" is a bit too restrictive in my opinion

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I guess that when they're in the air, you could use it either to cheat death or to drop yourself into unseen danger.

3. CollectiveWater

CollectiveWater

Sorry as well Glaber; I would have answered, too. I suspect many of us were playing the game/not looking at the thread at the time.

Thanks for making both of these videos; cool to see. "Plus" might be what gets me to try my hand at modding. Would love to take the final version of Encore GHZ and just edit in the brighter sky from the unused early color scheme--I think it'd look better that way. (Would be interested in tweaking colors myself for other Encore zones, too.)

Angel Island Act 2 could just be a leftover from porting the layout of the original zone into "Mania." Or maybe doing the full zone was considered but scrapped very early on. Really looking forward to whatever else y'all discover and for The Cutting Room Floor's "Mania" page to be updated with all the unused material in "Plus."

Have y'all found any other unused/early color schemes for any of the other Encore zones? That's what I'm most interested in seeing. Like I said before, makes sense that they would have played around with different color schemes quite a bit before settling on the final versions. Thanks again for your great work; looking forward to whatever other discoveries y'all make.

4. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Loving the update, the physical cover and art book. All so so good.

However.
    [​IMG]
    The nice FBZ dark purple still becomes grey sometime during act 1 :(/>

Actually fr though we still can't play special stages back to back and that's heartbreaking.

5. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Completed Encore mode in one sit-in....A superior Knuckles Chaotix it is.

Mighty vs Metallic madness was damn fun. The spike immunity really comes in handy.

"Damn it, I need Tails" was a line I never expect to say...ever.

Is it me, or does Ray have a higher jump than everyone else?

6. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    It seems they released a day one patch for the pc version. The only bug fix I've noticed is that you can't try to switch characters on the act results screen anymore.

edit:Seem like they haven't fixed the bug that make mighty uses sonic victory animation when you destroy a capsule

7. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Surprised nobody's mentioned that Mighty is an absolute godsend for the Flying Battery spider boss. Thanks to his one-hit spike immunity, he's an essential safety net for those who easily lose their lives to the boss because they end up trying to damage the spider mech from the swinging poles but end up flying into the walls of spikes instead. From there you only need to avoid the electric beams and being crushed.

8. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    The game seems to crash as Mighty if you do his move after the signpost falls down in Titanic Monarch Act 1. Anyone else experienced this bug?

9. SuperSonicRider

SuperSonicRider

Ya I also noticed this (on PC). Hopefully they fix that soon.

10. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    The Dev Menu seems to have removed access to the Media Demo versions of GHZ1 and SPZ1. The Thanks For Playing screen is still there, though.

11. Thanks for the tip! That does make it easier. Tails really has the advantage on that fight in my experience; get two to three hits in and fly back to the right.

Also, just got to say how incredible Mighty and Ray's special stage models are.

12. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Gotta say I really love the utility of Might's moveset. Straight up blocking a lot of enemy damage while crouching, spiked hazards being practically harmless while jumping, and the fact his ground slam does damage either side of him. Obviously the new Metal Sonic boss is easy with Super anyway but it's even easier when you can just repeatedly slam the ground next to the actual weak spot.

13. Epicsuperleader

Epicsuperleader

Using tails and knuckles in hidden palace zone, you can glitch up to heavy rider pretty easily which completely breaks the cutscene, however the screem will fade to black and it will go to the next zone.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    EDIT: It was just a debug mode thing, so nothing to see here. =P

15. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    It's only reachable in debug, so I see nothing wrong about not having an animation for that.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It's basically the equivalent of getting Knuckles in Doomsday Zone in S3K. He wasn't meant to be there so he ends up running in space too (with garbled sprites nonetheless).

At least it's playable.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh, didn't know it was a debug mode thing. Disregard then.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah, it's a bonus accessible only via cheating. Tails doesn't need a different animation for flight, and they went the extra mile to give Knuckles his gliding animations. Mighty and Ray don't really have anything that fits, so just running is fine.

19. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I managed to play Mania Plus yesterday (Steam), but now [when I tried playing it] my antivirus is telling me it's a virus - after Steam downoladed a 67.7MB 'update' to it.

It says it was a "Real Protect-SS!260B86088A60", but didn't think about taking a screenshot of it until it was too late.

Any ideas what's going on here? It's deleted my Mania.exe file now

*edit*, I've added the file to the whitelist, and now when I played Encore Mode, a few seconds into it it crashed :/

*edit 2* It's working fine now

20. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon