don't click here

Sonic Mania Plus (Consoles Physical; PC Digital) - Non-Leaks Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chris Highwind, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Sable

Sable

Lola Shiraishi says 1.04 is coming on all platforms at 3 PM UTC tomorrow, at the same time as Encore. However, the XBOX One version has already received 1.04, and Encore is up on the storefront albeit unavailable for purchase yet. Additionally, PSN has never updated at that time, ever, in its 13 years of operation - it's always been either midnight (for major releases) or ~5 PM EST (for everything else.) That would line up perfectly with Steam's schedule, though.

So, it should be either midnight tonight, or whenever each storefront updates for minor releases - unless there's some weird exception and Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo genuinely are holding off their releases to match Steam, which would be very weird imo.

2. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    It seems Encore mode is available on the Xbox One in france (and in the rest of Europe, I would assume). Haven't try buying it yet, will update soon.

Update:Yep, it's working. Encore mode, here I come :v:

3. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Encore DLC is up on the US XBOX Store.

4. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Is Steam just bugging out on me, or is Plus paid DLC for PC?

5. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    Steam has the DLC but the update hasn't been released.

It's paid DLC for every version if you own the original game.

6. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Hmm. Somehow I missed that part. Oh well. At least I have the Switch version coming later today.

7. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    So as far as I can see, the Encore Pack DLC is up on Steam... but the accompanying update isn't. Meaning that even though I've bought the DLC, I still can't play it yet since the base game hasn't been updated to a version which can recognise that it's installed. Is this just me, or has the update somehow not been released yet?

EDIT: Update now downloading. Seems they just put them up in the wrong order, so there was a brief period where it was possible to get the DLC and have no way of playing it...! = P

8. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    It's out for Europe Switch. Kind of. You can't find Encore/Plus in the Eshop, but if you update Mania, you will get the option to download the DLC.

9. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

Lyon, France
    The Update it out on Steam but the DLC isn't available for me. Look like I got the opposite problem :v:

10. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Are you sure? It's not listed on the game page but it shows up when you search for it.

EDIT: The DLC is now on the store page.

11. Shaddix Leto Croft

Shaddix Leto Croft

Goodbye *Mwah* AND GOODNIGHT Member
    I've encountered a few crashes ever since the update went live for the Mania Plus Steam update.

Game crashes whenever I attempt to change resolution (1920x1080p@60hz) and make it full screen which I find incredible odd when fullscreen was working perfectly prior to the Mania Plus update. I've also crashed when I attempted to quit the game after getting to Chemical Plant Zone Encore Act 1.

Anyone else having these problems on Mania Plus Steam ?

12. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

Lyon, France
    Good catch, thank.

Is it too early to review it ? 'cause I finished Encore mode on Xbox and it was great. The level design changes are minimal unfortunately, but the character switching was really fun.
    Well, time to play it again on PC :)/>

13. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    So on Nintendo Switch, if you already have the digital version of Mania (non-plus) and then update it to 1.4, then does inserting the Mania Plus cartridge unlock the DLC? Or do you need to insert the cart each time you want to play the DLC?

14. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    You need to insert the cart.

It was literally just answered in the spoiler thread, although I don't begrudge you not jumping into that.

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'm kinda... disappointed actually. I don't like the character box mechanic at all. Not even a little. And the pinball bonus stage is kinda janky.

The new level palletes are nice though, and Mighty and Ray's abilities are fun.

16. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Thanks! Yeah, as you guessed, I am avoiding spoilers :)

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Just to build on this... Yes you need the cart, but the game is still payable without it. Encore Mode will just be removed from the menu and replaced with an option to purchase the DLC, and any Mighty/Ray save files will say "DLC required" if you try to select them.

18. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Interesting. That's similar to how Mania (non plus) is with the 1.4 update: It gives you the option to purchase DLC.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah. Basically the 1.4 update includes all of the DLC and is essentially Mania Plus. But in order to use said content you need to purchase an additional key (or use the cart work already has the key).

Any changes made to the base game in Plus, like Super Sonic's sprite sheet or the ability to use unlockables in save files, don't require the DLC.

20. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    http://sonicretro.org/2018/07/sonic-mania-plus-the-retro-review/

Posted a review on Retro's front page thanks to the review copy provided by SEGA.

I didn't expect too much of an expansion with Plus, but I see it as a nice way to give the devs an extra tip.

I also think Mighty is the new "easy mode" character since his shell protects him from non-liquid hazards.

Kind of a shame multiplayer doesnt let you pick the same character anymore. Wonder why that happened?