don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Burezu

Burezu

Butt. Member
    Kyushu, JP
    linktr.ee/IHMTTY
    How many people actually smile with only their upper teeth showing? Terrifying. It almost looks like some of his more recent works are just traced copies of this shit.

2. MartiusR

MartiusR

KP's entire world (or rather his perception of world) is turned upside down, appareantly it touches also his creations :] (I could imagine that it would look like more normal with both upper and down line of teeth, but nope)

I've seen plenty of left-wing/liberal propaganda, but this simply beats in terms of crudeness everything I've seen earlier (at least in terms of short movies).

3. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I think that's supposed to be Alexander, the kid he's talking to. Unless you're talking about the panel next to the close-up, in which case, yeah...

4. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    Thanks to me watching my nephew so often and having to watch his kid shows, I can actually answer this question for ya! Emma Wiggle from The Wiggles almost exclusively smiles with only her top teeth...not that far off from Ken's depiction either.

[​IMG]

As for Ken's latest page...well...at least it looks slightly better then his first depictions of Lara-Su, that CG(?) nightmare I'd rather not ever see again..

5. Burezu

Burezu

Butt. Member
    Kyushu, JP
    linktr.ee/IHMTTY
    Thank you. This image will haunt me 'til my dying day.

6. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    I hate you all.

[​IMG]

7. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    The problem there is you can see gaps between the teeth and the edges of the mouth. Now, if you blackout the teeth at either end of the mouth...

[​IMG]

8. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    Yeah, I figured, but up until this point the problem had been summed up as only your top teeth showing.

9. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Yeah, people tend to not realize how funny something looks until it they see a bad artist, complain how funny it looks and learn "no, that's accurate."

Regardless, there is an issue with the teeth as I demonstrated, just not the one people thought.

10. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I'm not even sorry

[​IMG]

11. Burezu

Burezu

Butt. Member
    Kyushu, JP
    linktr.ee/IHMTTY
    I still find this terrifying. And the art is still bad. I maybe the teeth are just too large or something.

12. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Are you serious?? Most do!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Burezu

Burezu

Butt. Member
    Kyushu, JP
    linktr.ee/IHMTTY
    The human sickness must be purged.

14. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Not to mention too human. Alexander is a Klingon, and a kid at that, so shouldn't he have pointy Klingon baby teeth?

Hell, why even have that closeup? You could've just drawn a zoomed out shot of Alexander saying "Thank you, father" or something. I just... :psyduck:

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    This is where the Trek nerd beams in and points out that Alexander is only three-quarters Klingon - his mother K'Ehleyr was half human, so there's 25% human DNA in there. Enough to fix teeth, maybe (though it's been seen more than once that there are full Klingons with very human teeth, largely down to budget/lazyness of the costuming dept at Paramount so probably not canon, but w/e)?

16. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I completely forgot about his mom being half human (been a while since I've watched TNG; on DS9 at the moment), so if human DNA is causing it that would make SOME sense.

Still creepybad art/pointless closeup though lol.

17. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Re: The smile - if my memory serves me right, one of the actors for Alexander (as a kid) had a creepy smile anyway.

But yeah shit art is shit

18. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    The problem is that his teeth are too uniform, so they look fake, which makes him look creepy because we don't really like fakeness in facial features like that on an instinctive level.

19. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
  20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    The problem here is Ken thinks he's making Citizen Kane when he's actually making Kung Pow.