don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I'll watch the film, and expect the worst to avoid any kind of disappointment. It worked for me with the DOA film, I was really happy with the outcome because it at least had some good elements. The Sonic film won't probably be on that level of "not as bad as I expected", though, but I know I can't avoid going to the cinema to watch this. :specialed:

2. Jay

Jay

From greenlighting to presentation, six years? That's a pretty long time. Yikes!

3. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    All I want from this is Chao in Space, anything else can happen and I will be happy

4. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    So if this movie is supposed to be a CGI hybrid, that likely means 1 of 2 options: either Robotnik is played by an actual human, or despite being a hybrid, there are no actual humans. This begs the question, is there any precedent for CGI hybrid movies that do not also include human actors?

I suppose a third option could be that Robotnik is some sort of CGI humanoid from another dimension, but I suspect that would look sort of jarring against real actors. So if Robotnik is played by a human, and this needs to be integrated with the CGI animation, then this information should leak out very soon, because the release date is late 2019, and I assume these types of movies take at least a couple years to animate.

For all I know these hybrid movies are done for economical reasons, or to avoid the uncanny valley, but perhaps someone with more knowledge on the subject could rationalize on what the confirmation of a CGI hybrid may imply about other aspects of the film?

5. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    The Tintin movie from a few years back used CG for all the characters (and lots of action scenes obvs.) but the environments were live-action. That movie looked pretty okay most of the time, and it's for a while now been the absolute best-case scenario I could envision for the Sonic film, assuming they got the art style down.

6. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Will there be a red carpet-thingy? I must admit, I get a little bit nervous.

7. Unlimited Trees

Unlimited Trees

we Do a Little Mischief, Mischief... Member
    When
    UNITRES, Project Time, etc.
    So at CinemaCon, Paramount showed off various movies, aswell as some logos, including a certain movie.
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/KnightGambit/status/989302699588964352?s=20

I know this is probably placeholder, but I'm already getting bad vibes from the logo that is on top of a random road.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Place holder or not, FFS this is shit. They could have used this

[​IMG]

Or this

[​IMG]

But no, they made up their own awful thing for that. That has NEVER been a Sonic logo ever. It's not ever the accurate font, it is garbage. And with some odd looking road that looks like it belongs in Crash 3? Fucking hell.

9. RikohZX

RikohZX

I mean. The "Sonic" part is accurate. "The Hedgehog" isn't.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Not even. The bottom of the S extends further than the top. No official Sonic logo has ever done that save for Sonic 1 in the US, but that used the wrong font.

11. Vangar

Vangar

Its hard to tell because of the image, but is it because the word Sonic has some extra depth effect going on?

12. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Looks like a stock logo they pulled off of a backburner somewhere. It's very sterile and lacking in personality.

13. Unlimited Trees

Unlimited Trees

we Do a Little Mischief, Mischief... Member
    When
    UNITRES, Project Time, etc.
    Another logo was shown
    [​IMG]
    Looks a bit better, it even includes that Sonic 4 render we all know and love. I probably shouldn't be wasting my posts on this, but w/e.

EDIT: Forgot the source: http://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/2018/04/26/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-logo-revealed-sega/

14. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    Wow, that terrible placeholder poster / logo is awful and really shows just how little effort or care is going into this project. It looks like they just took a desert road stock image and slapped a "Sonic the Hedgehog" logo on top of it. It probably took them 2 minutes to make in Photoshop. In fact, I quickly decided to throw together my own crappy placeholder poster / logo just to see how much effort it took and it literally took me less than 4 minutes to make.

[​IMG]

The fact that this image is so bland speaks volumes and is giving me a bad feeling already that this movie is going to be an utter disaster which is a real shame because I've been wanting a Sonic movie for years and if done right could be really cool.

First of all, this placeholder has really bad design and looks really amateurish. I think Sonic fans could produce better posters / logos than this. One of the biggest rules to design is to make sure that the text is placed in a good sensible way and is also legible. You can't read the "The Hedgehog" text very well because it doesn't mix well with that background. It looks awful and it's a little hard to read.

Another thing is what does a barren desert road have anything to do with Sonic the Hedgehog? Nothing about this picture relates to Sonic in any way. When I look at that background I think of some vacation movie or road trip on route 66 or something. I'm really hoping that this is just some crap image they threw together as a proof of concept and that the actual movie will be good but this is not giving me a good impression at all. :/

15. Flygon

Flygon

Sonic the Hedgehog: Fury Road

16. Felik

Felik

not "Furry Road"

You had one job, Flygon

17. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Sonic The Hedgehog 4: THE MOVIE.

Finally we get the answers we've all been craving; what happened after the events of Episode 2...

Regardless as to whether these are just placeholders, both look really bad.

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So basically they took this logo and this logo and turned it into this:

[​IMG]

Well, some shadows and stuff added on the top part to give it a bit of depth but I'm too lazy to do that. Anyway, I could see this just being a placeholder.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    You forgot to alter the curves in the S and C.

20. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Just had to imagine some movie aficionados who have never heard of Sonic discussing the latest Paramount news: to some this might look like 'a film about animals'.