don't click here

Sonic Mania Plus (Consoles Physical; PC Digital) - Non-Leaks Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chris Highwind, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I imagine there's an overlap, which for me I'm all for, they've given basic specs and a vague release date. I want to know now honestly. So for me, yes, datamine the shit out of this. At least show us what mighty and Ray look like.

2. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Not reading the spoilers yet, but I imagine that Plus summer release will be closer to June than August if the game is as far along as this. Waiting 6+ weeks will be way harder than the wait for the original PC release. Might want to make it apparent that we are in spoiler territory for this thread.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    But if it's so close why don't we have a date yet?

Given this though they'll have to say something. We'll prob hear something very soon via PR coverup.

4. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Getting enough QA in to hopefully not need another patch for the physical release, and time to produce and ship the physical version to stores, I imagine. Mania is Sega's big hit of 2017. Despite this leak, I imagine they want as smooth of a launch as possible.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Then they could show us something in the meantime. I feel like they'd have been comfortable showing nothing had things gone their way.

6. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yeah definitely dude, I think. Only one console, in one region and it was swiftly pulled. This wasn't meant to be released yet. We'll probably get a tweet from Aaron about it soon and official word will be forthcoming I would have thought. Honestly seems like someone fucked up somewhere - as with the similar Yakuza 6 leak thing a while back. Sega's infamous ability to be so leak-prone continues.

Also something we haven't seen yet (major spoilers as with every video posted thus far):

https://clips.twitch.tv/BillowingAbrasiveTaroTakeNRG

Makes me excited for the additional changes they have planned. I bet Encore Mode with its redesigned stages is going to be fucking awesome.

7. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    It was never on the Switch, or if it was, not in the US. I got no such update notification for Mania on my Switch.

8. Devon

Devon

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Tech Member
    your mom
    It was definitely a huge fuck up considering...

the DLC option in the main menu said that Mighty, Ray, and Encore mode were available "now", when it was not at all.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    YESSSSS! At least IMO all the game's incomplete faults have been rectified. 10/10. Good work Mania Plus team.

10. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    The level transitions out of Hydrocity and Lava Reef make me think that this patch isn't quite done yet. I'd always expected that the Hydrocity -> Mirage Saloon transition would involve a cutscene that shows them getting on the Tornado back in Angel Island Zone (where they would have left the plane in the beginning in the first place!), and the foundation seems laid, but it's still not much less bizarre than the original game. And Lava Reef for Sonic and Tails is just plain odd. I think there are some missing cutscenes in both of those spots, especially with the crazy amount of effort put into the other level transitions and that holy fucking shit Metal Sonic fight.

EDIT: Okay, I didn't see the thing rising out of the volcano before Heavy Rider. That transition actually makes more sense with you clearly getting a sense of you flying towards the Little Planet. Hydrocity is still asking a lot of inference from players though, I wouldn't be surprised if that was unfinished.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It's def not done yet, just compared to the base game it seems done. The MMZ to TMZ transition has some palette issues with Sonic for example. But ugh it fits such a missing gap it feels done.

12. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    I was lucky enough to get the PS4 update before it was pulled. I've played through the full game.

The changes are outstanding. Nicer looking menus. Every zone now has a cutscene-transition (although some are still a bit rough-unfinished).

I've uploaded footage of all transitions to by channel.

Just did a no-hit playthrough of the new MS boss fight. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/cGeunuaEkXw

Do you like my technique?

Fucking love this boss fight now. The original was good, but this is much better. Shorter and the Metal Sonic Kai is a good challenge.

The slide animation in Hydrocity has now been added.

Mania Plus is gonna be awesome. Team Mania have clearly listened to our feedback.

13. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Gotta call it how I see it:

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: For real this time.

We now have a bar to judge classic Sonic games going forward....and yeah, why didn't Sonic the portable have level transitions? World map was nice though.

Can't think of anything to add at this point.

14. Read the spoilers and all I have to ask, why is the Mania team looking for a job? Sega needs to do Mania 2 lol.
    Simply amazing update, especially if this part of it isn't tied to the paid DLC

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh if Mania 2 doesn't happen then Sega must be brain dead. I'm sorry, but they said it themselves. Mania was he highest scoring sonic game in 15 years. They've allowed the team to fix it on top of that. They must have a Mania 2 now. To say Sonic is anything else now is wrong...

16. Pengi

Pengi

Minor change:

Previously, the only animal in Press Garden Zone was Flicky. It was the only Zone in the game to have just one animal type. In the updated version, Press Garden Zone has Pocky and Becky. In the original game, Becky only appeared in Metal Sonic's entrance.

Stardust Speedway Zone Act 2 now has Flicky and Picky instead of Flicky and Pocky.

17. After seeing a quick glimpse of some of the features of this update, I have to say: MANIA TEAM I LOVE YOU! seriously, they took almost all criticism of the base game and fixed it! and they didn't even charge people for it, like bigger companies would!

18. Pengi

Pengi

Another feature:

"Screen Layout" option in 2 player Competition mode. You can have the current stretched look, or the correct aspect ratio with black bars on the sides.

19. Woofmute

Woofmute

stuck in ram Member
    turning into a dreamcast
    if some of the content from the update that wasn't meant to go out is potentially unfinished i hope it's being documented well enough at least with proper screenshots and videos (like not just stream vods)

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    They're being put on YouTube at least so someone should have this stuff locally. It's widespread enough at this point