don't click here

Sonic Mania Adventures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LukyHRE, Mar 30, 2018.

1. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Actually, I'd love to see these guys take a crack at Sonic: Man of the Year part 2. Anything licence wise that might interfere or would it be too obscure for the mainstream audience?

Also, anyone else hear AoStH in Robotnik's theme?

2. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I've heard on the grapevine that it might have been a really good DiC pitch/pilot video for AoStH, but the Sonic CD JPN music makes me think otherwise. Probably just SEGA cooking up a 'this is what a Sonic cartoon could look like', in which case we're well overdue for a follow up!

Still, regarding this first ep. DAMN I was grinning all the way through. Only a few minutes long and it's already looking to be a contender for best Sonic animated anything.
    Can Sony just fund them to make the Movie instead and trash the Live Action nonsense? :v:/>

Also, I'm now wondering how much time has passed since the events of Mania? Enough for Eggman to start grabbing Emeralds again at least..

Well we do see Sonic reappear still mid-wave from saying goodbye to Tails in Forces which gave me a good laugh. Honestly though you could just pretend he's been anywhere. The Phantom Ruby is probably gone for good now.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Nah the pre-rendering and the animation style alone shows that that was a mid-90s creation, around the time when they were starting to move away from mohawk Sonic designs. Besides, AoSTH has a pilot floating around the internet, although that's notable for actually using in game locations unlike the show.

4. Pengi

Pengi

https://shop.sega.com/products/sonic-mania-episode-1-sonic-eggman-keychain-set

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Episode was adorable. It oozes personality, far moreso than anything we've seen from the franchise outside Mania in years. Really enjoyed, looking forward to the other 4.

6. Turbohog

Turbohog

Lol. $20 seems pretty steep to me for that.

7. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who heard that.

8. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    That's the second Eggman boss theme from Mania. And then the first one during the closeup on his upside-down face.

Unsurprising since it's Tee scoring these. But I'm surprised at how situational each piece was, considering it's going to be such a short show!

9. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Yeah, but the music sounds like it's taken cues from AoStH in the Adventures version. It's the violins (I think they're violins), which are making a four note score that sounds rather like the AoStH theme.

EDIT: Also, at 1:07, not the first sighting or the hanging.

10. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
  11. RikohZX

RikohZX

I just love how petty Sonic and Eggman can be with eachother when they have the slap fight.

12. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    The best part was either the slap fight or Sonic getting carried away by flickies.

13. Aquova

Aquova

Professional nerd in training Member
    USA
    That was really good, I'm really excited to see the other entries!

14. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    The music when we first see the flicky in peril changed. It's shortened compared to the trailer. The sound before sonic blasts off is different too. Yes, I went there. #beta

Edit: I also want to hear the full version of the more “brassy” Mania Act Clear, uninterrupted!

I love this series and i hope they continue with this! All is forgiven for canceling Sonic 4 ep 3. It's closer to modern Sonic than Mania Sonic anyway. Mania Adventures seems to be a proper replacement for Sonic 4 in the Mania universe. The Eggman head on a spring is a direct callback to Heroes as well.

15. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I was annoyed that Sonic and Eggman were hanging upside down in the keychains in the store, but then I watched the episode and realized what that's in reference to.

I don't think I can say anything else that hasn't already been said. Very cute, animation is great, the personalities of Sonic and Eggman are very much appreciated. I look forward to seeing the story they put together with no words.

16. Ha that was so good. Well done to those involved! Charming, funny and looked great. Looking forward to the next one.

17. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    Just realized that there's no explanation for what the holes in the beginning were. Not like Eggman was digging for burrowing Flickies or something.
    So there's another plot point for the coming episodes, besides Metal destroying a bunch of trees for some reason.

Anyways, this was genuinely a delight to watch and I can't wait for more.

18. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    XD I'm hooked now! Wouldn't mind playing an actual game with hand drawn visuals like this.

19. It's probably a reference to Knuckles popping out of the ground at the beginning of Sonic 3.

20. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Another ambitious piece of work by the Mania, why not put this on the e-shop or PSN store?

Tyson's style is just very likeable. But also very inoffensive. Not a huge fan of the backgrounds though, I'd prefer it if they were a bit more 'delicate'. :) Again, Eggman turns everything upside down. I really hope the script didn't just say that 'he's arbitrarily digging holes in the ground' or something like that. Mania didn't get a proper ending after all.