don't click here

Sonic Ready to Take 2018 by Storm at SXSW 2018

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's a really bad logo with way too much empty space. That makes it look fake to me.

2. Turbohog

Turbohog

It looks pretty convincing to me, but I guess we'll see. The name seems very plausible.

3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Yeah it doesn't look as good as you'd expect it too - far more in-line with what you see from fan games. But nice try.

Also:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xXFLV0yK-k
    We live in a wonderful world when Jon Burton can join in with this too.

4. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    How is it convincing? It's all wrong. The R is larger than the rest of the letters in racing, which is already in caps. You don't do that in a professional logo, it's not consistent, and it's not symmetrical. If they really wanted to fix it without making the rest of the letters to bigger, they'd make the G larger to match so it's symmetrical. You don't design a logo like that.

Edit: Well, okay, sorry. I just looked at the silhouette again and see that the same 'mistake' exists. I honestly don't think they'll keep racing styled like that for the actual logo and just did that for the trailer.

5. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    I want to see this just for the Chris-chan reaction.

6. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Real or not, that would be ideal.

7. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I think SEGA are under the impression that fans will riot and ask for Iizuka's head on a stick if they don't get their classic Ice Cap and Carnival Night music. Judging by some online forums, they might be right.

Personally, I'd love having re-arranged versions of the S3&K Collection music just to have the game out, but apparently some fans think those tracks are the worst war crimes ever comitted (despite having proper Act 2 remixes) :v:

Hyperbole aside, I think SEGA are afraid to compromise right now, and the Taxman team may not be so keen to work on a remaster that doesn't contain the forbidden tracks.

8. Flygon

Flygon

I think Launch Base and Carnival Night had better tracks on PC. Shoot me. :v:

9. Vangar

Vangar

Even if the logo is fake, I'm assuming the game will have cars and also be on foot. I don't know what else they could add - the first one started the series, the 2nd one added flying and boats. It only makes sense for them to try adding on foot... They aren't referencing the Sonic R logo for no reason, and that game had both vehicles and feet...

10. Turbohog

Turbohog

It would be a smart move to include on feet racing. It's really the only thing that can make it stand out from Mario Kart honestly.

11. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yeah though the leak was most likely fake even if a convincing one - the essence of it, that the inclusion of the "R" from Sonic R means something important for the game - I think that's on-point. I think that was more than just a nostalgic throwback or hollow fan-service, I'm expecting the game to be a spiritual successor to Sonic R in some form which means on-foot racing.

Not long until the mystery is unveiled. We're supposed to be getting a full reveal and possibly an announcement trailer on March 22. So we're not waiting until E3 at least.

Just wanted to late-quote you to say that it's posts like this that make me love coming to Retro. So much joy and happiness in your post that makes me happy that you're happy. :)

12. You're really reaching here, tone it back a bit.

13. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Potentially - though it's just an educated guess. The leak indicated a "kart racer" so yeah I could be reaching and ultimately incorrect if the leak is true. Even if reaching the point I was trying to make is that using "R" from Sonic R is clearly intentional and Sega must have known it would have fanned the flames of Sonic R fans so it must mean something connected to the game even if not verifying a spiritual sequel to Sonic R.

It doesn't matter anyway as the game's supposed to be getting unveiled March 22 (this Thursday) with a trailer likely so we'll know for sure soon regardless.

14. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I've checked the Sega shop interested in that merchandise they announced, but, since it seems to be shipping only to North and South America, I was wondering where can I get that stuff in Europe, as the shop doesn't seem to have a european counterpart. I've tried searching for it but I'm not good at google fu.

15. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yeah I was going to mention that I checked the Sega shop out when Aaron name dropped it in the stream and they have some seriously cool shit like the latest Sonic Mania T-shirts and Streets of Rage merchandise. Regrettably however it seems they're only shipping to North/South America and Australia/New Zealand (which Aaron also mentioned in the stream) particularly if this shipping country list is anything to go by. I know Sonic is becoming a Sega of America thing so North America is obviously going to be prioritised but Sonic is super popular in Europe so Sega need to support us European fans too.

It has to just be a matter of time before they ship to mainland Europe I would have thought. As far as I know there's no European counterpart just yet. We need to wait until they add more shipping destinations.

16. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Was the question about Angel Island in the water answered? Since it's now a thing in the cartoon also.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya that's a good question, I was wondering that as well.

Maybe Eggman stole the Master emerald again?

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The Master Emerald is literally right there on its pedestal in Hidden Palace during Mania though.

19. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Has it been confirmed the Sonic racing game will be unveiled on the 22nd? I know Sega's live stream teased "22" as a potential reveal date and Sega Europe retweeted some speculation on March 22 but do we have any more than that? Just wondering whether we'll get a good look at the game soon as it'd be something look forward to. Hope the game's related to Sonic R somehow.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I know I meant like maybe Eggman stole the emerald while Mania Sonic was fucking around in Forces.

Originally their explanation was "Phantom Ruby macguffin resulted in the island landing in the ocean." That's gone now though, so now what. I'm sure they'll explain it in the short though.