don't click here

Sonic Ready to Take 2018 by Storm at SXSW 2018

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Feb 1, 2018.

1. brainkk

brainkk

What i expect : - A round of applause for the sales and rating that mania did
    - A round of applause for the sales of Sonic Forces
    - Talk about the megadrive collection for the ps4 & Xbox one
    - A vague izuka answer about the movie
    - Some early concept about the intro outro that Tyson did
    - Some talk about the IDW Comics and releases date
    - A Sonic Forces DLC
    - A physical version of Sonic Mania
    - Project Plus Annonced

:v:

2. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Honestly surprised there's been no leaks yet given how leak-prone Sega has historically been. They've done well to keep their plans under wraps and maintained the mystery. Honestly hoping for Sonic Mania Plus above all else and also hoping it includes much more content and preferably a physical release. As of this post we're ~29 hours away now. So looking forward to checking Retro 8.30pm (GMT) tomorrow.

3. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    I mean, that, or the worst case scenario: That they're hyping things up for basically nothing. Somehow I could imagine Sega thinking the upcoming movie, some IDW something-or-another and some Forces DLC or something could float an entire panel.

4. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Hmm. Well yeah that's an unfortunate possibility. After Shenmue 3 let me down at Magic Monaco (they promised gameplay and didn't show any) I sure as hell hope we haven't been hyped for a month only to be let down here. It's just that the wording here with "an exclusive first look at what's next for Sonic" and "taking 2018 by storm" - it does heavily infer some major announcements. The Sonic racer is strongly rumoured to be there and they've been using Mania in their promo so Sonic Mania Plus is a likely possibility too. I think kicking things off with a prognosis as to how Mania and Forces performed means we should theoretically be getting announcements for both - which in all honesty is likely to be some kind of DLC.

Guess we'll see very soon. ~27 hours to go. I'm really looking forward to hanging with you guys on here tomorrow to discuss the news. Retro's awesome for that.

5. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Same here. Do share any live stream as soon as it becomes known, or any Twitter user reporting live what's going on!

6. Epicsuperleader

Epicsuperleader

Ill be there IRL, so I'm pretty hyped about that, and I will probably post live updates on my phone during the event.

7. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    My prediction is that they'll announce that the Taxman port of Sonic 3K has finally been greenlit and will be free to people who purchased the Sega Genesis Collection and purchasable separately for those that do not have it.

8. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

They did release the Sonic 1 and 2 remakes as free updates for the shitty emulator versions that used to be on the appstore.
    I'm willing to believe they'd do the same thing for emulated S3&K on the steam store. (It'd be nice if they let us keep the rom version too for the Steam Workshop rom hacks)

9. Vangar

Vangar

Hahaha

10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    To put things in perspective, an absence of mania news doesn't mean we wouldn't get a classic retro engine product again in the future, but the number one thing I want is verbal confirmation that they're open to creating another game with these devs.

Even if we don't get DLC, a sequel, retro engine ports, s3&K remastered, or Project Plus, hearing Iizuka or someone actually admit they intend to work with Tax/Stealth again is what I want to hear. I believe at least this much is likely, whether or not Iizuka himself will admit to such.

If nothing is announced, someone there needs to ask the question directly to get a hard answer from them.

Of course, Tax/Stealth have been silent for months here (moreso than even during the pre mania release period). That alone is suspicious enough to tell me something must be going on behind the scenes.

11. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    It's going to start right about now, methinks.

NINJA EDIT: Or not. My dumb italian brain still doesn't know what “PM” is, apparently. Trash plz

12. brainkk

brainkk

PM mean evening

AM mean morning

:specialed:

13. Sable

Sable

[​IMG]

I made a bingo chart for a Discord server I'm in :eng101:

14. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    Me good at think. Me also good at number.

15. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    This is it, folks.

NO GAMES.
    NO TRAILERS.
    MEMES AND IIZUKA BS ONLY.
    SKETCH TURNER DLC FOR FORCES.
    MORE TECH SUPPORT GLITCHES THAN A KINGDOM VALLEY S RANK
    FINAL HEDGEHOGSTINATION

16. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Today is Iizuka's birthday, so I wonder if they will do something special at the event.

17. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Thanks man. Really appreciated your post last night! The site that "shall not be named" seem to be the only guys with a live stream covering and streaming the event which is happening on their Twitch channel later. Check the dedicated ResetERA thread here for the link. Also a user on ResetERA just got this email from Sega:

So woah, it's actually looking like we'll see some major announcements? Hype levels set to maximum. ~5 hours or so to go.

18. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    fixed

19. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Since it's almost time I guess I'll just toss in my hot takes of what I expect and what I desire to be announced in likelihood:

Expectations:

- Sales performance of Mania and Forces

- Concept art/development of Mania and Forces

- News about IDW comic

- News about the 2019 live-action/CG movie

- Memes

- Social media clues / puzzles

- Announcement of Sonic-centric racer [ASR3/kart racer but Sonic-centric]

- Green Hill Zone

Desires:

- Mania sales numbers (individual numbers) (somewhat likely)

- Announcement of more Genesis Sonic projects in the pipeline (maybe)

- Mania physical release (somewhat unlikely)

- Announcement of Sonic-centric racer [non-kart racer] (very unlikely)

Not expecting:

- New mainline Sonic games, either by Taxman and Friends or Sonic Team (too early)

- New Boom games (past games bombed and subseries seems like its winding down)

- Announcement of Sonic-centric racer [ASR3/kart racer but Sega-centric] (signs point to that game being likely)

- Season 3 of Boom TV series (comments made by showrunners over the past few months sound like it's pretty unlikely; again, subseries seems to be winding down)

- Sonic mobile app (oh yeah, remember when Webber announced that? That was supposed to come out back in summer 2016 :V )

20. ScarlyNight

ScarlyNight

Ultra Ring Member
    Netherlands
    Sonic Legends, Sonic XG other stuff
    Oh God, now I'm actually afraid we might see GHZ make a comeback again...
    Also we're now about 3 hours away from the event. And in case you didn't know about this already, SXSW will be hosting an official stream of the panel over at their Twitch channel.