don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Beedlee

Beedlee

Unexpected Tenacious D

2. EnderWaffle

EnderWaffle

Ghostly Friend Member
    I'm pretty sure this was made with MS Paint, but I kinda like it. Also, I recognize the music but not what it's from. LittleBigPlanet maybe?

I actually think that style in the logo looks cool. Did you make it that way?

3. InvisibleUp

InvisibleUp

friendly internet ghost Member
    [media]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZjPbyWDa8k
    [/media]

4. Devon

Devon

Down you're going... down you're going... Tech Member
    your mom
    @EnderWaffle Yes, the title art was made in MS Paint. The music is called "Papagenu (He's My Sassafrass)" by Tenacious D. Also, the SEGA logo looked scratchy because I downsized it from a video file and converted it to 2 colors, and that was the result. Wasn't intentional at all.

5. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_YPu8zrKBE

One thing I've always wanted to do, was improve the mini boss theme somehow. It always seemed to me like there was something missing, and I believe it's the two notes trying to form a chord, they appear to be missing a third note. This is all most likely because of the FM channel attempting percussion instruments.

With two PCM channels, this of course is no longer an issue, so I ported the song over, and tried to create the third note to the chord. At first, it did throw me off, it didn't seem to sound right initially, though while I'm certainly not the best of musicians, and some of the chords are probably off by a key, I'm to understand that it's simply because I'm so used to the third notes being missing, that it sounds weird when they're present.

What do you guys think? Does it start to sound fitting after the third, fourth or fifth playback? Or does it just not sit right no matter how many times you play it?

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Tricky to say. It does sound weird at first, but... I don't know if I'm honest =P

7. synchronizer

synchronizer

I like it. It sounds fuller.

8. EnderWaffle

EnderWaffle

Ghostly Friend Member
    I agree with Synchronizer on this one. The minor chords definitely bring a sound that reminds me of Robotnik's evil schemes.

Also, I really like the looks of that Chaotix-esque piano roll! It kinda makes me wanna figure out how to make my own version.

9. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNdRVkq1m1Q

And another one~

10. EnderWaffle

EnderWaffle

Ghostly Friend Member
    That sounds really good! It's almost as if the original is just playing, but you made it work on the Mega Drive. Nice one!

11. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbWdolP0M5g

12. lordxernom

lordxernom

Hail Darkness Member
    Kielce
    Tails Adventure LX, Tails Adventure X-L, Sonic Limbo, Tails Advent
    I... love this track! I'm happy when people are making own compositions/tracks, especially now for DualPCM sake. It reminds me of some sweet 80s/90s electronic music. Thank you MJ!

13. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    Just a teaser~

[​IMG]

14. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    Man Varion, I still can remember when you were a newbie ages ago and there was all that forum drama of you stealing code before learning to program on your own. Gotta give you props for not giving it up and coming this far. Still eagerly awaiting seeing Cybernetic Breakout someday.

15. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    Yeah man, back then was a long story but I've not let anything keep me down, I enjoy programming a lot and it's always had a special place in my heart, I'm still working on the game as well as 'Project X' but Details on the later won't be discussed right now :P.

16. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siMwBoNn7QA

A little something me and Natsumi have been working on together~

17. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS

The cute one here Tech Member
    Finland
    AMPS

18. Devon

Devon

Down you're going... down you're going... Tech Member
    your mom
    Really loving the use of H-INT's for those transitions there. Really nice touch.

19. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Very cool, I really can't wait to fire this up with some friends. You two are quite the power couple.

20. VAdaPEGA

VAdaPEGA

Freelance Digital Artist Member
    Portugal
    Probably something minimalistic
    Eyy I remember that intro from ages ago, feels a bit empty without accompanying music