don't click here

Sonic 3D Blast MD, 2017 and beyond!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Well, it doesn't fix the load error I had with an earlier build. Anyone had the chance to test this issue on their hardware?

2. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    anyone know if you can use the patch on the copy of 3d blast you can buy on steam?
    (seriously, if it works with that copy, then we have a legal resource we can direct people to)

3. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Your error seems to be down to attached hardware so he needs to pick up a 32X and Sega CD before that issue will get looked at.

I patched the ROM from Steam and it seems to be working fine here.
    [​IMG]

4. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Excelent!

5. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    New GameHut video, this time on how they coded the Special Stages.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1mcLXEJTkA[/media]

6. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Official release of Sonic 3D Blast Directors Cut on the Steam Workshop & as a patch file:

https://twitter.com/JonTt/status/944713781141159937

7. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    I really enjoyed this. It's been ages since I last played it, and the improvements helped a lot. While it doesn't exactly fit the mould of a good sonic game, it is a darn fine isometric adventure, and the levels are quite cleverly designed.

I've collected all emeralds and the sonic tokens and finished all the time challenges and I'm at 90% complete. Is it just a score grind now to get to 100%? Or do I need to find and do all the Tails and Knuckles special stages?

8. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    It's mostly a brief look back on the game itself and the history of the DX project, but I made a video with my thoughts.

http://youtu.be/MYw1rh8mN48

9. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I'm pretty sure it's a score grind now, as Jon said part of 100% was getting 5 million points.

10. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    I gotta admit, I'm having fun with it, although those time trial times are a lot tighter than I anticipated. I definitely want to try and get 100%, although it would be nice to know what the reward is.

11. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    Sonic 3D: Director's Cut now has a wiki article! Since Jon Burton released it as an xdelta patch, I went and uploaded the patch onto the article, but if anyone wants to replace it with a prepatched ROM, then by all means they can do that.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...Did Jon ever say that?

And did he say this himself?

Same question. Citations needed.

13. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    He did actually say these things in one of his later videos on the topic. I think it was the one about resurrecting the crab badnik.

14. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I do recall something in one of his commentary vids mentioning changing the Green Grove squares to match Green Hill chequered pattern.

I was under the impression that that the other pallete changes were all to keep the Super Sonic colours working properly though, and less of a design choice.

15. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Weren't the Flicky AI patterns also changed so they all try to regroup with Sonic? (Want to double check that before adding it to the wiki).

16. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    I was going by what was stated in the progress update videos.

17. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Jon Burton started a let's play of the regular version of the game, and he's talking about all kind of stuff regarding the game's development.
    Pretty interesting watch
    [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Akj4S1xa0E&t=316s[/media]

18. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    Fascinating stuff.

By the by, I've updated all the enemy articles on the wiki with their names from the level editor; would someone please be so kind as to go in and move them accordingly, as I don't have permissions myself? Thanks much.

19. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Done.

There is a guide book for Sonic 3D - I don't know if it's an officially licensed thing (I suspect not) but it would be interesting to see if it names the enemies.

20. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    Something I just noticed, at about a minute in, he mentions that he got a lot of questions about er.... "special" Sonic in the betas of the game, and explains why!