don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Windii

Windii

Robot Stonks Riser Member
    Speaking of the "tortured for 6 months" debacle, it turns out the Japanese text actually uses a much more vague term that basically means "to give someone hell/grief." So Eggman could have just been feeding Sonic crap food for 6 months for all we know. It's basically Sonic Battle's "dirty bastard" incident, where the actual Japanese text is much closer to a plainer "how rude."

Also, Eggman's selfies are instead mustache pictures. All his own, of course.

2. RikohZX

RikohZX

Why the hell did the english localization go out of its way to try to make the game darker, only to turn around and rewrite everything to be more comedy-laden and have even Infinite join in with ridiculous one-liners like "smashing [Sonic] into blue jelly"? Like how Knuckles in your video comments about Tails running off instead of "losing it", or about how Sonic was knocked out as if they don't know what really happened to him and assumed the worst, rather than immediately everyone thinking he's dead which only makes the 'reveal' of his survival less than 3 minutes later all the more jarring.

What the fuck are you doing Pontac

3. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    This is why it's nice that dual-audio exists, although shame the Subs don't always match. I always enjoy replaying the games with Japan voices just for the consistency of the actors (plus <insert argument here about quality of voice acting, subs vs dubs, glorious nippon, strawman arguments, etc> :v: ), and so it at least feels like it's trying to be in the same franchise as the Sonic Adventure era instead of whatever the fuck Pontaff have been trying to turn Sonic into.

4. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Just posting to see if this is an Xbox-only thing or not.

I'm currently playing Forces on Xbox One X, game looks great visually but when it comes to the pre-rendered cut-scenes, they're horribly compressed with obvious artifacting. Is this the same case on Steam, PS4/Pro?

Plus the game is only 18.5 GB total on Xbox, not sure why Sonic Team would heavily compress the video quality. Or for that matter, just run all the cut-scenes in real-time.

5. Windii

Windii

Robot Stonks Riser Member
    I hate to disappoint, but yeah, the pre-rendered stuff is definitely badly compressed (toooons of macroblocking... whoever was responsible can't encode for shit). Heck, the cutscene where Knuckles and the gang are having a huge fight is actually squished to 4:3. Space limitations? All of this could be avoided just by rendering everything in real-time.

6. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  7. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    So according to the Internet, you're supposed to get an Achievement/Trophy for getting one of each animal type to Triple Honors. It's called Honor Roll: Achieved highest honors with all races.

I did that and got no achievement. Talk about a waste of time.

8. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    The achievement description is wrong. You need to have all 7 species of avatar at max medal level at the same time, if you max one and then erase it to make space for the next one it doesn't count.

I know because I made the same mistake.
    I had to relevel the other 6 types again for one shitty achievement. I hate myself.

9. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    Since the file size of the game has been brought up, does anybody know what Forces is doing to warrant it taking up over twice as much disk space as Generations?

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I have that though. All my slots are filled and I have one of each species maxed.

EDIT: I have le proof.
    [youtube]http://youtu.be/zLGSi7C22mM[/youtube]

11. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    While this game isn't the best, I've definitely had a good amount of fun with it. And for £26 brand new on PS4 on release, I can't complain. I expected it to be mediocre but the fact I've had the fun I had made it a worthwhile purchase. Obviously that doesn't make it a good game and things in house need a change around to make a better game, but I got a bit more than I expected out of it. Even been delving into the speedrun side of it for some bosses and such, currently holding 1st on the first Infinite fight and the Metal Sonic fight on speedrun.com :v:

12. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwMk3wUPaOA

Didn't expect to see Brad Jones of all people (guy who reviews exploitation films) to bother with Sonic Forces though if there is someone you want to ask about torture, he'd know.

13. Creature SH

Creature SH

Oh yes. After all, he hosted "Pop Quiz, Hot Shot".

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/15/16657156/sonic-forces-refund-steam-twitch

So apparently some guy bought the game for PC, streamed it, beat it in a little under 3 hours, didn't like it, requested a refund for it, and was for some reason granted a refund from Steam despite it being against their policy. What do you guys think of this? Personally I feel like it's a little scummy. Plus if he knew he didn't like it the game pretty much sets the tone by like, level 10. He could have stopped there and returned it no problem.

15. Unbekannt

Unbekannt

Previously MiSHiKiS Member
    Personally, thats something on Steam. I don't blame him for having the refund. He played a game he didnt like, wanted the money back. He probably shouldn't have gotten the refund, but I don't feel the major harm in it.

16. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

I've only ever used the Steam refund system for shitty port jobs.
    That does seem like a pretty effective way to send a message to Sonic Team. Although, I don't imagine they care too much.

17. Retroman

Retroman

Must be Australian. I remember a year ago there was some lawsuit that forced Steam to give refunds to games under the Australian Consumer Law.

Article:
    http://www.smh.com.au/business/media-and-marketing/video-games-website-steam-fined-3-million-for-refusing-refunds-20161223-gthdux.html

18. Linkabel

Linkabel

According to his Twitter profile he's from Oklahoma. The only reason he got a refund is because he lied and said that he meant to buy another Sonic game.

19. RikohZX

RikohZX

And Aaron Webber's kinda pissed about it.