don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Linkabel

Linkabel

Adding a little bit to Creature's post, what's happening with Sonic Team and Forces tends to happen a lot more than people like to admit in the video game industry.

For example, see Bungie and Destiny. After hearing the feedback from critics and fans from the mess that was Destiny 1, it seemed that Bungie was going to learn its lesson.

Yes, when the sequel came out they did fix some stuff here and there. But for the most part they completely missed the mark on the feedback and even added more problems.

A solution that Nintendo seems to be doing, and that gave them games like BotW and Odyssey, is bringing outside help and letting new people take over.

They brought people from Monolith Soft to shake up the Zelda formula that was gravely needed after Skyward Sword. They finally put Miyamoto in the backseat to make Odyssey more like its contemporary counterparts but adding the perfection that it's expected from Nintendo.

Hell, even Blizzard took a gamble during Diablo 3 when they brought that Ubisoft guy to streamline the game using more of a console philosophy than a PC one.

Bring in the Mania team next time. Or if they don't want Westerners then bring in Atlus, call Nintendo for help, bring all the resources from Sega into it. Hire new talent with experience.

If there's no drastic actions then the 3D games are not going to be high quality.

2. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
  3. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Freaking hilarious. They have no confidence in this game, it's so obvious. That's why they barely showed anything in the marketing. That's why it's cheaper than most AAA games. And that's why they won't send out review codes. They really want people to see the bare minimum of it before buying. I can't believe how blatantly exploitative this all is.

4. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    I downloaded the Japanese demo, although it could've and should've had an international release. A few things I noticed which bugged me was that insane 60 second time limit which is a pointless time limit and is an insult to anyone who tries to enjoy the game.

Secondly, the controls. Oh god, the controls are horrific. The boss fight with Classic Sonic is the only thing I can struggle to find any problems mainly because you're confined to such a limited space. The only complaint I had was a joint complaint with OC the character. Perhaps it's just me but you accelerate far too quickly. My second problem with the OC was when you land from a jump you have to gain speed again whereas with say, Mania, if you jump while running forward, when you land the speed is maintained.

Finally, the stages just seem so, dull and unoriginal. The design choices feel rehashed. Especially after using the same stages from both Generations and Mania. Modern Sonic makes a quip about Green Hill just being sand and it should be called Sand Hill.

I want to enjoy the game, especially after all the (sometimes unncecessary) hate that it received but this game just feels lazy. The concept of it works up to a point but the whole thing just feels lazy.

5. Linkabel

Linkabel

From the Twitter thread, it seems that some influencers/youtubers are getting review codes. Weird that IGN and some outlets are not getting them since they're still going to give the game a score anyways.

Edit:apparently the guy was kidding about getting a code, nevermind.

Might've as well do it so it looks like you're not trying to hide something.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Someone in that thread said there may be a day 1 patch. Have we heard anything about that?

7. MiSHiKiS

MiSHiKiS

Not really, although some bugs are the least of that game's problems

8. ItsBrieDude

ItsBrieDude

my brain is the spinning seal gif Member
    I've played the demo quite a few times, and I have to agree. I can't believe they even managed to downgrade Modern Sonic, like yeesh. IMO they perfected him in Generations and making a change like giving him the Double Jump (The Colors variant, not even the Lost World one) seems like change for the sake of change. As Sand Hill, in the English version Sonic literally makes that joke. I guess SOA just had to roll with Sonic Team's decision to make it Green Hill.

9. If it's not a patch that deletes the game from your system and dispenses your $40 back, it's not worth it.

10. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
  11. Frostav

Frostav

I think we have to accept that Sonic Team will never learn, and that we have to just sigh and go full Freedom Planet, and make the classis-style 3D platformer game ST is never going to actually make. I've...well, I never lost faith. I had no faith in the first place.

12. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    From what I've seen, the first 90 minutes, the level design does get a bit better compared to the first few levels. Not significantly enough to dig it out of the hole it had been in since the first bit of City Heights was shown, however. After watching all the story cutscenes, I will admit Knuckles not being a goof, and Eggman being menacing, was welcome. Everything else was infuriating. Tails being a little bitch. Infinite being unexplained and ultimately unimportant. Some grade-A fan fiction dialogue. Avatar just... being there and fucking off after no one else did anything. Literally none of them seemed to do fuck all throughout the entire game on camera until the end. This hurt. A lot. I'm gonna ask to borrow my brother's Switch for a week, free trail of GameFly this, and probably never think about it again. Just like Lost World.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Actually yea, that's probably the plot point that annoyed me the most. Tails is a bitch in this game. He snaps because Sonic goes missing? He doesn't seem so out of it when he's trying to fix Omega but he still cowers against Chaos 0 (And he's fought Chaos 4 before). Amy doesn't snap once Sonic goes missing why does Tails (and Amy's into the Sonic torture :v:).

That and they never explain why Silver is there he just is. Kinda odd.

14. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I feel bad for the guys at SoA that have to peddle this.

15. Stimil Rc.

Stimil Rc.

I don't get all the love for Knuckles' character in this game. Yeah, he's not a joke anymore, but he never struck me as a leader type. He seemed like more of a loner, especially since he (should be) on Angel Island by himself most of the time. His role seems more fitting for either Tails (particularly based on him directing the group in Adventure 2) or Vector (outspoken boss of a detective group).

As much as I hated seeing Tails cowering to Chaos 0 of all things, he becomes more proactive when Classic Sonic arrives and seems to stay that way for the rest of the story.

Has anyone figured out what the Red Rings unlock this time around?

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm surprised they've been quiet since the leak. The only thing they posted today was about Sonic R.

Maybe they gave up?

17. I wonder how long Aaron has to wait to be OKed to start lambasting this. :v

18. WhoWhatWhenWhale

WhoWhatWhenWhale

I'm just glad they changed how Modern Sonic jumps. In the previous boost titles it felt like he was being raised off the ground by a harness temporarily, but now it's all snappy and feels like an actual jump. I'll probably blast through the game in about 1-2 hours, probably have atleast some fun, and then forget about it.

19. Turbohog

Turbohog

I really love how Sonicteam got rid of all of the character development Tails made in the Adventure games. It's like Tails completely forgot that he's fought Chaos before.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Go read the 2nd issue of the digital comic.

Yeah our buddy Woun has been watching the GB size and noticed it went up a bit, his friend said they did patch it so all characters don't lose rings when hit and they drop as normal. so its a pre-release patch, go figure! :v: