don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    That's kinda hilarious given that if he actually started in 2012 and only made 1 page a week from then, he'd be sitting on a 250 page graphic novel by now.

and lets face it, 1 page a week isn't exactly heavy going for a (ahem) professional, so maybe that's what he's done, the magnum opus is closing in! XD

2. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    The memes demand it, but I'm not so "optimistic."

3. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Because he pays :)

4. Volphied

Volphied

「限界の向こうは無限大」 Member
    Despite me completely loathing Penders, I don't see anything wrong with this. Translating something doesn't mean you also approve/disapprove of the content. And comic book trainwrecks should (and many times do) get translations too, if only so that more people understand why it sucks.

5. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Let's be positive, at least someone benefited from this whole clusterfuck (beside penders, I mean)

6. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    This. I don't approve of what he does (and there's a little something he didn't show yet that might spark controversy) and I did tell him in some e-mails about some points I thought were "off" (him using Mobius, for example) when we began talking about translation work and he's OK with that. I'm only translating texts and in exchange I get paid, and that's a good deal, IMO.

7. Tylinos

Tylinos

welp

I probably shouldn't be surprised at this point. Won't ask you what it is, since you obviously can't say, but I'm going to assume it has to do with Sega-owned characters, since that's usually been the most controversy-stirring stuff from what he's released.

(Not asking for confirmation or anything, just making a guess.)

8. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Well, kinda, yes. Something from Archie (that I might have hinted on SSMB ?), but I think the excuse might be "it's free"... (don't quote me on that, it might change)
    I've also seen a sketch of Emissary Rotor the walrus emissary, but didn't he say he changed him to a rhino ?

9. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
  10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So what's his pace on this, like 4 panels a year?

Good.

11. trakker

trakker

The thing that annoys me the most is whatever computer the not-knuckles is interacting with, just 2 nondescript blue squares that glow white when you poke them.

Ken's done Star Trek, doesn't he know about LCARS? lol

12. Linkabel

Linkabel

Is he still using thinkstock photos as backgrounds? Sheesh.

13. trakker

trakker

I was just looking into that landscape image on the computer actually as a small challenge. Google search 'mountain storm', it's the 3rd result just flipped =P

It's so lazy, I'd sooner invent some garbage computer readouts to put there than insert a photo like image in my comics.

14. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Life.
    Oh, don't worry, he detailed the exact in-story purpose of the generic Star Trek touchscreens, so everything's fine!
    Ugh, everything about this comic's development is so backwards I can't stand it.

15. trakker

trakker

Yeah that was from my probing, (douggawatts) it was nothing malicious I think in terms of how I questioned it. but the long and short of how he seemed to describe it was those blue squares are like screen-less graphics tablets that control stuff on main screens with touch. like a mouse cursor.

So it's not future tech in any way, I can do that right now with my intuos4 lol

16. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Ah, first time I see the rhino :P For those who complain, well you haven't seen the walrus/ Rotor expy that it was in the sketched pages ;)

17. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Life.
    You're kidding. He actually changed an entire character design before showing it publically? That's... honest to god progress from Ken. No doubt a fluke.

18. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Its more that he used the character he is ripping off as a placeholder to write the "story" before drawing a facsimile replacement character. While it seems he could get away with creating a race of Rotor-like walruses and claiming OCDONUTSTEEL, he has no rights to Rotor who was a character before Archie started writing Sonic.

Add.: On second thought I could see how that is progress for Ken. Kind of surprised he didn't just rename him to Boater, change the color of the character and call it a day.

19. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    So, legit question, his bizarro fanworks said "coming out in 2012" at some point......

Why does this look exactly like his stuff from five years ago? How hasn't he improved? What has he been doing all this time??

20. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    He's been procrastinating, shit-tweeting and not trying. Same as usual.