don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Frostav

Frostav

A lot of people seem to forget that Sonic Team is not independent and owned by SEGA, and if you think they're gonna look at Mania and NOT greenlight a sequel, you're crazy. ST's possible grudge (which doesn't even exist) is irrelevant, especially when the Mania team is almost completely separate from ST anyway.

2. Unbekannt

Unbekannt

Previously MiSHiKiS Member
    I never discredited the whole "ST having a grudge" thing because I thought that too once during Manias early days. Its not like SEGA hasn't suffered over a grudge amongst themselves in the past before. So I could understand the thought. But especially now, I'd think Sonic Team would be glad to have the massive weight lifted from their shoulders to someone else who's proven to be more than enough to be confident with handling Sonic.

3. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    So wait, this comic confuse me. I thought 06's story erased itself. Why do Knuckles remember Silver ? Did they even meet in that game ?
    Nice SA1 callback thought

4. Felik

Felik

They met in rivals 1 & 2 and in generations.

5. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    If Classic Sonic takes the Phanton Ruby with him or it gets destroyed when he leaves, it could lead to a sequel where Sonic and co have to finish off the Heavies he left behind. If anything, Forces is just a weird side road if a sequel to Mania is made, or could even lead Clasic Sonic to a new adventure. :v:

6. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    They could always have Mania 2 be a Retro Engine remake of Forces. =P

+ - Although they should make Sonic 4 DX on it first   .

8. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Part 2 of the comic has been released !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Why would anyone want Forces to be a success when it looks like yet another polished turd. On top of that, Sega is once again molesting Classic Sonic. They can't even just whore him out in appearance alone, they have to stain Mania's plot. What now, we just ignore the second half of Mania's plot, as we (and Sega too apparently) did with Sonic 4?

With Mania being a critical success this is without a doubt the best time for 3D Sonic to flop. 3D Sonic is desperately in need of a complete makeover and yet if Forces is just good enough then we just get more of the same, a product which can't stand on it's own 2 feet, and even its proponents generally have low expectations from one game to the next. Modern Sonic is SHIT, and now we reach chapter 3, where Classic Sonic can no longer dress up Modern's shortcoming, but in fact Modern begins detracting from Classic Sonic's success.

This curse of low expectations is why we can't have nice things. Why anyone would want Forces to "succeed" (relatively speaking, of course) is beyond me.

10. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Wait, the rivals games are canon ? Well shit, got some catching up to do.

Also Generations was always kinda weird plot wise, but I guess they could've meet here too.

11. RikohZX

RikohZX

Rivals established a different future origin for Silver, and also alters Eggman Nega so that he's a descendant of Eggman from the future. So yeah, that's what SEGA is flying with for canon.

12. Felik

Felik

Finally not on my phone so I could read the comic and wow it's good! Like really good! Practically everything I want from a modern Sonic game plotwise. Please be indicative of actual game's writing, please please please!

13. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Yup. Although they were developed in the west by Backbone (and never released in Japan for some reason, considering how much they loved the PSP), Iizuka directed both Rivals games and penned the general plot to both, so they're definitely relevant story-wise.

I would totally kill for an Eggman Nega reference/cameo somewhere in Forces. I've been itching to see him again without having to play an Olympics game!

14. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    This implies Eggman got hitched... Better get to introducing Eggmans wife, SEGA :eng101:

15. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Obviously it's Katella or Thunderbolt

16. Whatever makes Omlette/Eggatha/Eggette canon I'm ok with.

17. 3D Sonic may be getting a complete makeover as we live and breathe. It just may not be the makeover you or I want.
    If this game sells well, you can bet there will be lots more of it in the future.

As it stands I'm leaning towards Forces not being a flop. How it will actually sell, we'll have to see.
    Review well? Probably not. Sell well? Maybe. The marketing for the game has been strange but it has gotten exposure.

18. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    You mean Forces instead there, right? :v:

19. Stimil Rc.

Stimil Rc.

I wish Avatar's gameplay reminded me of a Mega Man X styled game. I mean, I guess the Drill Wispon kinda reminds me of the dash...

Could you elaborate on this? I don't see what about having tons of enemies on screen and multiple weapons is unique to Mega Man X. The same could be said of several other games, like Castlevania.

Anyway, I've tried being optimistic, but I've pretty much given up hope that I'll find playing as the Avatar a rewarding experience. There's still barely anything to the level design, there's little flow except for when control is taken away, and that lengthy train cinematic makes Avatar's Chemical Plant look like a level I'd never want to replay.

I'm loving Chemical Plant's new appearance, though. If there's one thing I'm sure I'll enjoy about Forces, it's the aesthetic.

20. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Yes, Fuck Sonic Forces is what I meant to say. I just get a little hot under the collar is all...

[​IMG]