don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. MiSHiKiS

MiSHiKiS

Not gonna lie, i misread that as "Ow the edge" haha as for the announcement today, judging by all the egg robots, id wonder if the HBH will have any mention in Forces, considering they were after the Phatom Ruby in Mania, just to at least give Classic Sonic at least some validation for being there in the first place.

2. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Allow me to use my psychic abilities to tap into a Sonic Team member's brain so I can answer this for everyone preemptively and save them some precious time.

"We saw the Hard Boiled Heavy characters that the Mania team developed and we were so excited about them, that we wanted to make our own egg robots. They are white and small, wouldn't you say? You can of course, make your own egg-inspired character to fight alongside Sonic as well. Please look forward to Sonic Forces!"

[​IMG]

3. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Brought to you by lazy mothers for lazy mothers xD

edit: so sorry, must have been something personal

4. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    So... that's a thing now ?
    http://nintendoeverything.com/new-sonic-forces-digital-comic-series-debuts-today/

Can anybody confirm if it's official ? My connection is crappy so I can't download the file...

5. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Wait, so do we get a new zone reveal today? Or was the announcement just the dual soundtracks and digital comic? Anyone know?

As for the OST announcement, not really elated about it since everything I've heard from the OST thus far has been terrible. So it's not very exciting TBH.

6. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    [​IMG]
    Hmm, so this is what they were teasing.
    So it's a comic written by Ian Flynn and published by Sega (not IDW) to tease Sonic Forces.

Edit: fixed image link

7. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Gonna be real the layouts range from OK to just kinda bad. Makes the entire thing look a bit cheaper than it probably was to produce (though considering it was SEGA propper and not IDW i wouldn't doubt if this was a quick rushout product for, like, no reason? lol)

From what I can gather Adam Bryce Thomas' skills are more in illustration than panel design, but when compared to things like this, most stuff from Ben Bates, and in regards to page 3, where he has the custom hero and Espio between-panels,
    this shot of Metal Sonic is done much better for a few key reasons, despite also being on a pure white background (part of that is not using some kind of blotchy grey to outline them, and Metal having elements take place in the background and others poke above). I don't wanna rip on the guy, but a few edits to the structure of how the comic's designed would do a LOT to improve the quality of the comic. The first page is particularly egregious to me because it's literally just boxes with box word bubbles, making it all kinda feel flat.

Whatever, it's a one-off thing to promote Forces. It's neat I guess.

EDIT: had to fix one broken link and now i have the ugly "EDITED" banner lol fuck my life.

8. I agree with Laura in the case that Forces is panned upon release; If it's getting 5-6s across the board, then this community really should not be supporting it and would only be hurting the franchise in the long run by doing so. In that case, the common sense, responsible thing to do would be to support a new direction for Sonic and Sonic Team as a group.

If Forces is decent though, I won't suggest to anyone what they should do with their money. I greatly prefer the classic universe and gameplay interpretation of Sonic but I'd rather see the franchise have any successes it can get than be brutalized again.

Unlike many out there, I do not believe Sonic can survive another '06 like output. And for Sonic to fully recover his reputation it is going to take much more than a few decent releases, as 2008-2011 has proved to us. The timing does seem ripe for a change, coming off of Mania.

9. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    If the game's a badly reviewed clusterfuck then yeah Laura's right and we as a community should avoid buying the game lest we send the wrong message to Sega.

If the game's good then we should support it though given the disastrous previews this scenario is looking increasingly unlikely. Really interested to see how Forces reviews.

10. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Glad at least I won't have to associate Flynn with Forces' trainwreck plot anymore since it looks like this comic is the involvement he's been hinting about. Hopefully anyway.

I think LordOfSquad's Hard Boiled Heavies "inspiration" story is the perfect analogy for them as a developer with Forces: they take great ideas, strip them down to generic, bland cookie cutter assets then copy+paste everywhere with little thought.

11. Stimil Rc.

Stimil Rc.

If the game turns out to be something I'd enjoy, I'm buying it regardless of what the general reception to it is. Chances are high that I won't enjoy a poorly received game, but I've disagreed with the masses several times before.
    You joke about this, but the idea of reprogrammed Eggman robots (particularly Eggrobo or E-100 style) or Gizoids would be the only thing that would get me the least bit excited about the character creation tool. That's mostly because I find the original character designs to be hideous, though.

12. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Nah, that sounds way too much like an actual answer to be a Sonic Team response. It's more like:

When asked about the Hard Boiled Heavies: "We thought for a long time about what role the villains could play in Sonic Forces. In Sonic Forces, you are introduced to the character 'Infinite'. We felt that Infinite would be a very mysterious villain for Sonic and his friends to fight. Speed is very important in a Sonic game, so in that sense, Eggman is not the only villain this time! This is an exciting twist and we hope you will enjoy fighting alongside the resistance!"

13. Fox Cordova

Fox Cordova

Ohio
    This was pretty hard for me to do considering that I'm a fan of this character, but I think I may have figured out the true identity of Infinite. This is only a possibility since none of us have the game yet obviously and we don't know for sure.

It took me quite a while to line up the puzzle pieces, but when I compared all these pieces with each other I noticed a common theme; they all had some connection to this character. The evidence is simply too overwhelming to be one big coincidence.

I've been in contact with a YouTuber about this blog post and very soon you guys will get to see a video that goes into my blog post and this theory in general. Stay tuned. This will be one bumpy ride.

14. Linkabel

Linkabel

The only thing that took me out of the comic was that you can see some digital brushes on the pages. I wonder if they accidentally uploaded the unfinished versions or the Twitter compression made them appeared (which is something that has happened to me with my art).

[​IMG]

Other sites that have the pages are perfectly fine so I wonder what happened on the Twitter side.

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I hope no one sincerely believes this.

16. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Um.

So there's apparently some future cover sketches hidden in this comic, including an unmasked Infinite...holding a sword.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

oh hey look at that my theory is shattered

might want to spoiler that btw

18. Sable

Sable

Is that art fucking traced from this?

[​IMG]

EDIT: or, at the very least, strongly referenced if not copied outright now that I've looked at it more closely

19. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I...don't think there's anything that original about holding a sword in front of your face. I guess the hand bears some resemblance, but the sword doesn't look the same at all and you can't exactly just trace over X and end up with a Sonic character.

20. Sable

Sable

I very obviously didn't mean a 1:1 job of the entire image.