don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    It doesn't make it a less valuable game. All I'm saying is that it was easier to pick up content that could not get finished on schedule and release it as DLC later than start development of entirely new stages after release.

With Generations, a brand new stage would've likely been cut off far earlier in development considering the big amount of work involved for each of them. (Reimagining, Classic act, Modern act, 10 Missions)

With Forces... I believe they could barely finish the minimum of what they needed to do. :v:

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I actually know someone who bought a Switch purely because he saw it taking up the role of Vita, a system he absolutely loves, so this'd make sense in general.

3. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Waiting for reviews and the Steam system requirements personally to see if the game's decent and whether my machine will handle it. If the game is trash and gets 5/10s across the board I'll probably skip the game. If it's a pleasant surprise and reviews moderately well I'll consider getting it. I want to support Taxman and Stealth as much as possible but also see no wrongdoing in buying the latest Sonic game if it actually turns out to be good. We all bought Mania. Most of us pre-ordered it. It's doing extremely well in sales so I think our efforts and the game's performance has already sent a strong enough signal to Sega to green light a potential Sonic Mania 2. Regarding Forces I honestly just want to see if the game's going to be any good.

Odds are it's going to be mediocre at best but I remain an optimist and won't make the final call until reviews hit. Just a few weeks now and we'll have our answer.

4. Stimil Rc.

Stimil Rc.

Despite being more optimistic than most of the posters in this thread, Forces doesn't seem like something I'm willing to drop $40 on based on what's been revealed. I didn't even buy Generations for that much. I've learned to to not trust any opinion outside of my own, so I'll probably end up watching a full playthrough before making my decision.

If Forces bombs (which it most likely won't), I really hope it turns out to have no interesting new ideas. Far too often with this franchise have I seen things that could've been expanded upon in some way be completely abandoned because of a botched attempt at it. Then again, success isn't a guarantee that a concept will be revisited nor that it won't be heavily altered if it does (Wisps).

5. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Honestly, I'm probably just going to pirate Forces on PC, and if I enjoy it, I might pick it up on PS4 for Christmas.

6. DetoNtn

DetoNtn

Layout Master Member
    It'll probably be a wait to get the crack of the game, because Sega will yet again put Denuvo DRM in it and piss off its entire PC fanbase.

I don't think I'll pre-order Forces, or even buy it pre-owned. It's mainly because of what I've seen about Forces online, and just my personal opinion on it looking more or less like a sequel to Sonic Generations. I'm not one to harshly criticize modern Sonic games, but I think it's safe for me to say I'll skip this one.

7. RikohZX

RikohZX

I mean if you're saying that on a theoretical, then five seconds to glance at the Steam storepage shows they're at least telling everyone ahead of time about Denuvo unlike Mania.

8. DetoNtn

DetoNtn

Layout Master Member
    Pfft I'm stupid please forgive me

Besides me not taking the time to actually see if they were including Denuvo, it is nice that it clearly says "Incorporates 3rd-Party DRM" on the Steam page, like you said. I'm not saying that DRM is something that should scare off people from buying the game or anything, but now people definitely know that they're getting DRM too when they buy Sonic Forces. I guess that means it won't get review-bombed like Sonic Mania did, so that's sort of a plus for Sonic Force's reviews.

9. TheD

TheD

PROJECT D
    Guys I have a question.
    [​IMG]
    Why is classic sonic now from a different dimension?
    Does that retcon generations out of canon?
    Or does that mean that it's a different classic sonic than the one we see in generations?

10. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Generations caused a timeline split, maybe? Generations wasn't retconned out of continuity though since it's mentioned in Classic Sonic's bio on the Japanese Forces website.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm thinking it's either that Generations caused a timeline split, resulting in everything post S3K being different, or (and most likely), they retconned the series to give Classic his own dimension, and while both Sonics share S1 - S3K and CD, Modern goes off to 4, Adventure, etc and Classic goes to Mania. Judging from Forces' Classic animations, the drop dash, and the ruby, this Classic seems to be Mania Sonic.

12. MiSHiKiS

MiSHiKiS

I'm betting that's the case, I love the idea actually because it can allow for a hypothetical two game series with Iizuka and his "Modern" gameplay and potentially Taxman with a Classic series that he can still add new things to without worrying about any continuity.

13. The explanation is that there is no explanation. Sega won't bother to come up with a valid reason so neither should we.

14. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    If that were the case you think they would've get the gameplay and physics right? Cause it's insulting that they haven't still at this point

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    My theory is that this alternate dimension is making Mania Sonic feel ill, and thus he controls poorly.

He's sick guys cut him some slack, he just wants to go home :v:

16. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    To be fair, Sega won't bother with a lot of things - It's the fans doing all the hard work that give us great things like Mania (and actually giving Sonic 4's location a backstory)

17. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Hmm. So no system requirements as of yet on Sonic Forces' Steam page even though we're like 3 weeks or so out. Have a strong feeling they may be quite hefty because they're still "TBC" and the game's designed for PS4/Xbox One level hardware. Theoretically it doesn't look much more taxing than Generations but you never know - South Park: The Stick of Truth had low requirements whilst the sequel's requirements for the Fractured But Whole are sky high in comparison presumably because of the jump in hardware since last generation. Just wondering whether my machine will handle it. It's a quad-core i5 7300HQ with a GTX 1050 so I remain optimistic and confident. Guess we'll see soon.

No way in hell I'm pre-ordering the game however as I did quite happily and adamantly with Mania. This one's definitely a "wait for reviews" kind of Sonic game.

18. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    So, is anybody curious about what they're going to show today ? I'm placing my bet on modern green hill zone.

19. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I can't wait for Sky Sanctuary to be revealed :^)