don't click here

General Project Screenshots/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Sparks, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    You guys are making me want to get back into pixel arting. Stahp. I don't have time for this!

2. Liraxus

Liraxus

Some shmuck Member
    Idiotville
    Nothing, really.
    I'm impressed at the shading here, particularly on the Sonic Infinity title screen, I'll be impressed as all hell if it turns out animated, because it's already oozing with delicious character.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The only ones I can think of are Sonic the Hedgehog Level Creator and Mario Maker honestly.

Did MegaMan: Powered Up have level creation stuff in it?

4. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Megaman Powered up does indeed have a level creator. There's also a Megaman fangame that allows you to make your own levels. As for both title screens I like them, great work you two!

5. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Off the top of my head... Portal 2 has a pretty simple in-game map maker. Advance Wars will let you create just about any map that you can dream. Jazz Jackrabbit 2 came with Jazz Creation Station, which was pretty fetch. The Halo games are well known for Forge mode. Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 had "construction zone". + - Minecraft has creative mode  

I mean, full on "maker" games are relatively uncommon outside of stuff like RPG Maker, but so many games have full-fledged level editors that a separate Maker is often unneeded.

6. EightC

EightC

True, I was kind of thinking like more classic games Megaman (which was going to have one but cancelled), Sonic, Zelda and the like. I really like what they did with the new Mario Maker and would like to see more games done in that style. As for other game that have built in editors the new Doom also had a great map creation tool and so does Team Fortress/CS with Source.I know that fans released a Megaman maker type game and it's pretty good, it was was a lot of fun building classic stages and I hope they continue to add to it.

This looks great and the detail is really solid.

7. SiddtheKidd

SiddtheKidd

Streets of Fucking Rage! Member
    Sin City
    Project Neo - Deadly Metropolis
    Saw this on Twitter, instantly interested because of knuckles hat and Amy lol.

8. Mors

Mors

Fangame Creator Member
    Turkey
    Super Mario Flashback
    [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVW2VMzRiBI&lc=z23uxnkhzkniwrfge04t1aokgwboounsvtsaiz53sasbbk0h00410[/media]
    [​IMG]
    Not Sonic but eh, at least it has some Sonic inspirations I guess :v:

(I should've posted that video here earlier)

9. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX

I know there's a bit of slowdown when I pop a monitor, don't quite know why but it only happens in conjunction with Bandicam recording.

10. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    (you're missing the drums)

11. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    If you have a link to a better MP3, I'll take it in a heartbeat. :v:

12. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Freshly rendered.
    http://picosong.com/w3RW9/

13. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I have some high quality hardware recordings if you're interested here

They're RIFF .wav format, though I'm sure you could convert them to mp3.

14. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Thanks! Added in. :D

The size is a bit preventative for me right now... I'll give them a check out when I get some more data. Thanks!

15. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Not really fan games but figured this would be the better topic: Just me getting used to recording videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7akoHwpEqY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_o19yMTT9s

16. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I posted this somewhere else a couple weeks ago but I guess it could also go here

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhKE_C7sU6w[/youtube]

This has been a project I've poked at on and off while I'm stuck on this laptop (which is also why the recording stutters so much). Unfortunately, the level shown in this video isn't turning out anything like what I'd envisioned, so I'm thinking of just giving up entirely because honestly there's no point when there's probably better uses of my time. I had such an easy time making levels for other games, but I try this, even with ideas I thought were good, and it's like nothing I'm doing feels right

Oh well

17. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Love the opening bit. I'm a sucker for dramatic intros. Especially with how you can exit into an alternative route with a timed jump.

I can see the problem you're having with your general layout thought. It's mostly a flat trek with either a step or ramp and it just zig zags back and forth. Enemy and object placement is scattered in the path so you're bound to run into them if you decide to go fast enough. There's also a lack of a tiered route system, mainly due to the zig zag nature of your level design which prevents you from opening it up and doing anything interesting in terms of exploration or skilled timed jumps.

Aquatic Ruin Zone, Leaf Forest Zone, and Palm Tree Panic Act 2 would be good source materials for what I think you're trying to do. Take a look at how those levels are structured and layed out. Try placing monitors and enemies in positions that would allow you to skip some of the boring step sections with a well timed jump.

18. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I think your work is pretty awesome Blaze. Some cool and creative ideas in there. With some more work this could be excellent. Definitely persevere.

19. I've been asking around in another thread about exactly what kinds of graphics the Master System could manage, wanting to do an 8-bit themed fangame. I'm not too far, but I wanted to post what I've got so far as far as designing graphics goes. It's still coming together, though.

[​IMG]

20. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    Egg Garden zone is getting a Genesis/CD remake by yours truly.
    Here's some official in-game screen shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This zone will be feature in Sonic MAX by Tpot and Okamikurainya with additional help from his crew.
    Original badniks by Dolphman.
    Keep a eye look out for a new demo soon ; )

This is a tribute love for Taxman and his Mania crew.
    More zones and info will come as soon as Okami makes a new topic with the demo there also.