don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. corneliab

corneliab

Oh, yes! Glad switch patches aren't actually tied to thursday updates like I thought they were. Been dying for this super button.

EDIT: Nice to see that bubble-bouncing right when act 2 begins no longer crashes the game :v:

2. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    When are we going to talk about Eggman's physical activity and how strange it is?

I found it quite odd that he can swim/dive (Hydrocity Act 2 boss) and even use his own arms and legs within an otherwise mechanical contraption (Titanic Monarch Act 2 boss). We know he's a runner, but I just found this quite surprising as he's usually just sitting in his machines.

3. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Wow, well that cinches it, I'm never updating the Switch version. :P

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Try holding B+Y on the no save slot with debug active. That's how it works on all the other versions.

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That boss just doesn't make much sense in general... I mean, he stays in the boss arena without even trying to attack Sonic directly.

Like the Mean Bean Machine boss, it's funny as a one-time joke, but... eh.

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    That works of course, but you didn't need to use Blue Spheres unlocks at all.

Also, they fixed the frame drops on the Special Stages.

7. Stimil Rc.

Stimil Rc.

I'd like to see Eggman be physically active more often. Outside of Mania, he's not only been shown to outrun Sonic on multiple occasions, but also break down walls with his bare hands in at least two separate games. Gags or not, the dude's clearly superhuman.

Put him in powered armor or something.
    Was this platform specific? I don't recall this ever happening in the PC version.

8. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    That was only happenning on Switch. The Special Stages ran mostly at 55~50fps

http://youtu.be/DXturRMOzU4?t=7m37s

I know that, but it doesn't make sense, because the ground behind the player also collapses. So the 'catapult' behavior shouldn't happen in this case. It does seem to be a bug.

9. synchronizer

synchronizer

They fixed the frame drops really? Great!

10. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    So it's fine that the boss catapults the player out of the way every other time, but if the player reaches the end of the level it should be switched off because the players going to die anyway? I don't see the point in that.
    (old misunderstood post) Like I said, when you reach the end of the level that ledge always collapses when the boss is defeated. Since it collapses on its own before the boss even hits the ground I'm pretty sure it's an intentional dick move by developer. Could also possibly done to prevent some weird stuff from happening during the cutscene (i.e. The instant kill plane is already loaded at that point so if the cutscene were to play out Sonic would jump to his death)

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    No it doesn't. It's fairly easy to hit the boss just seconds before he autodestroys itself and you get to the cutscene normally.

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I personally think that the boss arena should just loop infinitely, like it does in HCZ. I don't see why it needs to have a time limit attached to it, especially as it's only the first zone. But I digress...

13. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    they fixed the first screen lock issue that allowed you to get to knuckles's path in Green hill. I like using that glitch, it got me an extra big ring.

14. Drex

Drex

I've seen it happen in gameplay videos pre-release and post. It's one of the first things I tested when it came out on PS4 and I recreated it three time on PC just now. It's always been there. I don't know what to tell you.

15. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    If it destroys itself the ledge collapses. If you hit it just before it does, the ledge stays untouched.

16. Drex

Drex

OK. Knowing that I still don't see why it should be considered a bug. The boss being destroyed, self-inflicted or not, triggers the player to be launched forward.

17. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Just by the by, I was wondering does anyone know what the words they are repeating in Metallic Madness' song?

There's the woman singing something that has about 5 words/syllables long, and the guy with the fast rap section as well; I can't make out what they're saying.

18. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Odd question, but anyone know exactly how Competition Mode stages unlock? As far as I'm aware, I had all mine unlocked by the end of my first run through with Sonic & Tails - however, I play Mania with a mate of mine and when I was at his place the other day I noticed that even though he'd completed the game once already he'd only unlocked up to Mirage Saloon 2 in Competition Mode.

The only thing I can think of is that they may be unlocked through the Bonus Stages like the unlockable features, as I think I'd completed most of those by the end of my first run while my mate's done less than half. Can anyone confirm whether this is indeed the case, and if not, what the actual unlock criteria is? Want to make sure we can fully enjoy Competition Mode no matter whose place we're at. = )

19. The woman sounds like she's saying "Mm-Hmm I'm okay." :v: The fast raps are pulled from the comments of these
    videos. Not going to lie, they do look pretty accurate.

Act 1:
    "Well I'll check the rhymes, check the straps and I'm back, yeah;
    Roll out the door straight up, storm the castle;
    I'm a black belt see, I have no fatigue;
    Out of my league, naughty Egg, you can see the crew in it;
    Check out my moves, check out my speed, how's that feelin'?;
    Goin' fast with these jacks in on my feet;
    I live in the fast track, but you're getting in my way;
    I carry the day, hey, get the (na na, na na) run."

Act 2:
    "I'm the...
    Evil Doctor with a rad genius and bad minions,
    Who'll help you save the planet and to intervene?
    I've been moving at you like you've never seen.
    I'm the greatest fighter to end up ever been on your screen.
    I'm iconic, with my bionic animatronics,
    I'll finally manage to catch the hedgehog they call Sonic.
    My filming is atomic, my mustache's on fire.
    Welcome to the new world Eggman Empire.?"

20. There are only twelve acts available in competition mode, so your friend isn't missing anything.
    Green Hill Zone 1/2
    Chemical Plant Zone 1/2
    Studiopolis Zone 1/2
    Flying Battery Zone 1
    Press Garden Zone 2
    Stardust Speedway Zone 1/2
    Hydrocity Zone 2
    Mirage Saloon 2