don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Maybe it wasn't supposed to happen, but at least gives Super Sonic a chance to win that fight before reverting to normal Sonic. Well, there's another way I found that makes it possible, but hard as hell, so it gives almost the same final result.

On the maint current topic, I can't remember how many bugs I found playing S3&K or S3 alone back in the day, and I don't remember finding many of them on my Mania runs, so I can't do comparisons at all. I think I just ignore them unless it's a clear experience altering issue, like music changes or the above super sonic thing, but I can assure you I feel a lot more cheapness coming from Mania than from S3&K, and that's more important to me, no matter if it comes from bugs or from features.

2. If you wait for Silver Sonic to go to the edge of the screen, spin-dashing into him as Super Sonic always works.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    From my experience anyway, S3K's glitches were more game breaking but less frequent. Mania's glitches are more annoying than game breaking (the music glitches, ahhhh), but they're more frequent (exception being the PS4 leaderboard crashing, but I think they fixed that).

So it averages out I guess? Mania's still being fixed at least.

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    That's actually related to this one:

It seems to have been fixed with the current patch, but basically what happens is when different tracks stack like that, instead of stopping and returning to the previously playing song, it moves onto the next(?) song in the list.

5. Craftis

Craftis

Rhode Island
    Project Craftis Legacy
    Speaking of patches does anyone know when the Switch patch for Sonic Mania is going to actually be live? It's been almost an entire week since it went live for the other platforms, I was hoping it would have came out by now.

6. corneliab

corneliab

Since it didn't come out last Thursday (which is when the switch eshop updates), then at the earliest it will be happening next Thursday. Although it could be several more weeks as far we know (hopefully not).

7. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    This one still happens post-patch. I suspect with precise timing there might be a way to get it, if you can catch the mini silver sonic mid-spindash at the right place other than the center of the screen, but I have not been able to pull it off.

8. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    It can be done pre-patch, I beat this boss with Super Sonic pre-patch. I believe the way I did it was to wait until he jumped in to the air and then jumped in to him.

9. Sean Evans

Sean Evans

Professional Dork Member
    Earth
    Sonic Overture, Sonic Utopia
    Yeah this was weird, but you can still use the spin strat. If you just run and roll into it rather than using the spin dash it hits metal Sonic directly. It's how I beat him as any super character anyway.

10. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    So how bout that denuvo

11. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    [​IMG]

12. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    The 90s redundancy here is EVERYTHING

http://youtu.be/Hi1vcx8k0Js

13. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Sega heard your complaints loud and clear.

That's why they're also putting Denuvo on Sonic Forces.

14. That's, uh... That's a bold move, Cotton.

15. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    We discussed this to death, for sure, so I would be fine if we actively chose to discuss the game on its own merits instead. (It's been a nice read here lately.) Not that we're ignoring Denuvo's inclusion, it's simply pointless to say much more when you know it's not going to accomplish anything. SEGA of Europe listened and it doesn't care.

After all that, though, I'm hoping I have alternative platforms by the time there's a future Sonic game I want, (Mania sequel or otherwise.) otherwise I'll have to pass it up on PC. Simple as that.

16. I think maybe I should have been clearer about my Silver Sonic video, since everyone seems to have misinterpreted it :v: It's not about Super Sonic making the fight harder (as I mentioned in my previous post, waiting for Silver Sonic to move to the edge of the screen before spin-dashing into him works 100% of the time). My point is that I somehow got 4 Silver Sonics on screen at the same time after they kept getting trapped on the ceiling or whatever. I'd always assumed they just despawned if they went off-screen, but apparently not.

Anyway, if you're having trouble with Super Sonic vs Metal Sonic... yeah, just do what I said.

17. SaviourDCX

SaviourDCX

Oldbie
    Now that I'm planning to chill down and relax I might go back and get those Chaos Emeralds at some point! maybe do some time attacking too!

18. Linkabel

Linkabel

Oshima is doing a drawing for Forces like he did for Mania https://twitter.com/NaotoOhshima/status/915142980679254017

Edit: ooops,wrong thread

Edit 2: The Switch patch seems to be live now https://twitter.com/NinSwitchNews/status/915259801730301952

19. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    They removed the 'hold B+Y before sonic appears to get level select' cheat :(

Also, doesn't this look weird?

20. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    ^Yeah, but I get why it happensed
    1. When this boss is defeated it pushes the player forward so the player docent fall down and die when the machine breaks open a giant hole in the ground.
    2. They reached the end of the boss area. That last bit of land always collapses when the boss is defeated.
    Put those things together and you get the video above. The developers' safety measure catapulting you to your doom.