don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Best business expense since the Ruins of Tikal.

Also, because I'm just the worst kind of person:
    [youtube]http://youtu.be/e4GLPtYjg0Y[/youtube]

2. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Hooters waitress OC costume or riot.

3. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I think Iizuka is feeling sexy and hot as well, he should have worn that Hooters uniform too. :v: :v: :v:

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Its gonna be a PC version mod, count on it.

5. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    ...well, Hooters was certainly one endorsement I didn't see coming. I wonder how SoA felt when they heard what Japan was doing?

Just when you couldn't think Forces couldn't get more cringeworthy (and no, I don't think that cringe is a good thing), they find a way to turn it up to 11.

+ - Given the Totinos-ness of Mania High Quality Rips, I expect we're going to see a flood of Hooters-themed ones now for Forces?  

7. RikohZX

RikohZX

It's one thing that really throws me off, seeing as Sega of America may love their memes and all but they've still tried to make things kid-friendly and the western idea of "good for kids" is very, very different from Japan's when it comes to content. Even Japanese Sonic occasionally curses, but SoA censors that to the cheesiness and gosh darns we're used to.

So to suddenly have Hooters advertising is probably as "what the fuck" to them as it is to us, akin to the whole "Nintendo advertising Bayonetta via Playboy" thing. Though she has the excuse of being a mature character off the bat at least.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I wasn't aware of this. Guess it's something to be on the lookout for. Then again I shouldn't be surprised when I recently found a Penthouse review of Tekken 7.

9. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Sorry but this is just hilarious. I saw the news on NeoGAF and laughed out loud at this. Sonic is supposed to be for kids! Not entirely but they're a key target audience. Hooters for the next Sonic game?! lol

The game kind of has a sense of maturity but in the same way Sonic Adventure 2 had it. It's still supposed to be kid-friendly. Yet another "the fuck?" Sonic Forces decision from Sonic Team.

10. synchronizer

synchronizer

Is it really Sonicteam that makes all of the strange decisions? I wonder whether it's really the executives. For advertising matters, that would make the most sense.

11. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    I don't care if I think the game is disappointing anymore. It's just a gift that keeps on giving. :specialed:

12. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Well from the hilarious/unexpected look on Iizuka's face you might actually be right. It could have come from higher-up. Wherever it came from it's hilarious.

13. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I don't know how much the dev team has to do with promotions. Hell I don't know how much they have to do with what is and isn't shown off. If you blamed everything surrounding this game's marketing on SEGA and made it sound convincing enough, I'd have no reason not to believe you.

I don't care whose fault it is honestly, just gimme more of the goddamn game

14. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I'm still looking forward to it. No way near as much as Mania but it looks good enough that I think I'll enjoy playing it. Waiting on the game's system requirements to see if my gaming laptop can handle it.

They're still not up yet but I would have thought the game's Steam page will be updated with the info soon.

15. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I have confidence it'll be an ok game, but rather than looking forward to it I'm just angry at the agonizing failure at marketing I see before me. It's a temporary problem, sure, but that temporary time is now, and right now everything surrounding this game is pissing me off. I want to be more excited for what I can reasonably assume will be a decent game than I actually am.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya, so real question.

The fuck is this game and what is the audience? Does anyone know?

17. Promo

Promo

Hooters patrons in Japan?

I honestly don't know what they're going for, I'm more confused than annoyed by the direction at this point. I was hoping the TGS stream would clear some air but...I'm just more baffled.

18. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Here I thought adding a create your own character thing to the game was kind of bad, why the hell is Sega teaming up with Hooters to promote the game? :v: I know Japanese culture is odd, but I really wasn't expecting this. xD

19. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    So Sega streamed a Forces panel with Ohtani, Nakamura, and Iizuka not too long ago (IIRC it was a panel about the game's music creation) and Iizuka dropped two important tidbits.
    a. He confirms what many of us were suspecting / speculating--Forces and Mania are connected to each other, so you'll want to keep some tabs on Forces' story to see how that connection plays out.
    b. Forces was also described by Iizuka as having "a lot of returning modern stages". Which I find a bit hilarious given how I've seen several people in defense of Forces attack Mania for having recycled levels and heavy nostalgia elements.

(And before you ask--no, no new levels were revealed. Though I guess the game having returning modern levels is technically your new level reveal, so you can take that as you will. :v:)

20. Turbohog

Turbohog

It's a little more excusable for Mania to recycle level's because it was just a step above an indie game. The main team was pretty small.

But for Forces? Really Sonicteam? How lazy and low-budget can you get? Honestly pathetic.