don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.

This whole game has strange sound mixing I noticed it from early gameplay on, seriously why does when Shadow boost the stage track gets 2 decibels higher?!

2. Boosting has always made the music get weird.

3. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I still don't understand how "cringeworthy" is a bad thing. I mean, I get that Adventure-era dialogue isn't to everyone's taste, but it could be a lot worse than it is.

4. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    "Cringey" is definitely the wrong word here. It's dumb and cheesy, but in a good kind of way. This is Adventure-era dialogue through and through.

5. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    That's honestly got me more optimistic than anything else. Seeing this get utterly lacerated after Mania's critical success would be one hell of a satisfying one-two punch.

6. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    You left out the GLORIOUS Super Mario Odyssey that this game is going up against. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to launch against a Mario game? Are Sonic games just made nowadays only to make Mario and being a first party game look better?

7. corneliab

corneliab

Can't remember the last time I was anticipating a game's release just to know exactly how bad it will be.

If this thing actually is the hot turd I'm nearly sure it will be, please for the love of god do not buy it. If you're curious snag it used.

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.

Get the PC version at least, I know I said this for Lost World but for sure this time modding for this game is going to rock.

I would like to know why LW flopped modding wise, it just never went anywhere unlike Generations. Sonic 4 was understandable and was basically impossible but LW just fizzled, like I saw allot of potential projects but 4 months after the PC release everything just went quiet.

9. RikohZX

RikohZX

Probably because Lost World released on PC with no real warning or fanfare, and the game was already so disliked that no one really wanted to dedicate to it.

10. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    I think the bigger issue with modding Lost World was that most of the game was hard-coded, so you couldn't really do much with it.

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Never really paid attention to Lost World modding, but people got the Yoshi and Zelda (plus costume) stuff up and going, right?

12. Poor forces no one will give it chance because of the existence of mania and Odyssey.
    Well no one who uses forums but still its path- sad.

Forces has shown so little but it still looks hot and ready for delivery. But with sonic nos- mania, most cl- of the fanbase has this cognition of "game must be classic styled to be Good" the adventure duology,heroes,colo(u)rs,unleashed,generations, and the advance and rush series are being passed as "bad, or horrible in comparison to the classics" all of these games got very good/above average review scores but now those don't matter or hold any meaning.

Most of the posts on the forums are among: "I'm cautiously optimistic" "this game is destined to fail" or "too linear= *%#@ this game"

The linearity is an issue but we've only seen two zones and it boggles my mind that some folk think it'll be consistent throughout the game.

I ain't saying "like this game or f you" just don't say things like you want a game to fail.

Once you have the game then ya'll can say how much you hated it, loved it.

??????My fingers hurt now

EDITED:K i wrote this very emotionally affected so i probably contradict myself... a lot. oops

13. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    you realise you're waxing just as much cynical as the people you're criticising right, just aimed in a different direction

14. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    This isn't even true? There's been a lot of argument, but there's plenty of people excited for this game, and comparing it to Odyssey is purely a matter of sales relative to release, not really the design (since the games hardly play similar).
    This isn't even true. I think the call for classic-styled physics is a little louder than it needs to be to consider a game good, but most of the complaints are simply on the fact that this game just looks like a worse version of Colors or Generations -- which if I'm honest, it is (that said, it still looks okay). I also have hardly seen any criticism of Advance, Rush or the Adventure games for being dissimilar to the Classic games, on a purely mechanical level.
    How is "cautiously optimistic" a bad thing? It's reserving judgement until later, that seems to be what you want out of people here.
    I think it probably will be like that through most of the game (although hopefully with more difficult levels). Your ideology shouldn't be about "wait and see", but "how important is this to the game, and to me?". Think about what non-linear level design in Sonic is used for, and how it's lacking in this game can be compensated for by other design elements that have a more unknown status to focus on. Don't blame others for judging the game by what we've been told to judge it by. Or just, y'know, disagree. I mean people have said these levels don't have alternate pathways, but that's not even totally true.
    I don't agree with wanting a game to not make money if it's not what you like (as that just means less budget for the next one, less relevant to design choices), but I do agree with reviews and communities sending a message about what they want from the series. That's what people are doing here. Complaints are feedback. Places to improve in the next game. I want this game to keep Sonic alive financially, and even though I think it's an alright game, I want to see the next Sonic game after it to be better.
    I think Forces is being considered worse than it is, but most of the criticisms aren't really wrong. The level design is simpler and linear-er. The stages are totally short and probably not that challenging. I just don't think it's enough to compromise the game being fun or it probably has some bigger differences depending on the 8+ locations we haven't seen yet. But that's my opinion, based as much on what we have seen as what we haven't, the same as everyone else here. I mean, if you think the game looks good, are you doing so on principle? You haven't played it either, so if they have to hold their tongues until they play it, shouldn't you also?

I'm really getting tired of seeing people respond to "this game is shitty" with "this game is shitty but it might get better" instead of "this game isn't shitty". I think it makes the rest of us who like Forces look juvenile and naive.

15. RikohZX

RikohZX

Nothing really new from the TGS showing besides some unseen cosmetics like a chao backpack.

Oh. And Hooters advertising Forces as Iizuka goes red in the face off to the side.

16. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    [​IMG]

what

17. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    I saw the stream and I literally died when they made that reveal. I couldn't believe it, I just lost my shit right there. Incredible.

18. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    It was almost worth not seeing new levels for the funniest thing I've ever screencapped in my life.

Almost

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This is amazing.

Truly we're in the best timeline.

20. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Finally, I can unashamedly look forward to this game.