don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. MissingNoGuy

MissingNoGuy

Sounds totally automated. Member
    The one thing that really irks me about that pic with the OCs besides the lack of detail is some of them using nearly the exact same pose (feet spread apart, hands outwards to the side).

Hopefully someone in Sonic Team notices that...

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    OCs look like Sonic Boom NPCs.

3. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Some people have translated the Japanese trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrrBVPc-qrA

4. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    That combined with the weird looks on their faces makes me think they're zombified/mind controlled/something similar.

EDIT: Watched the trailer, I take it back. They just picked the worst possible still shot to show off.

5. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Great. It showcases an absolutely generic anime plot (on par with the generic gameplay we've also seen), more evidences of the overall generic design in its graphics, and, best of all, a mention to how much they've sold throughout the years to try make customers believe nothing could fail if they buy this. Great, indeed.

6. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Everything about the cutscenes looks rough around the edges. Like some of that was some low quality shit.

Though I guess its nice that Sonic Team finally acknowledges there are other animal generics in the world for once. I just wish it wasn't like this.

7. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    Sega just looooves having Sonic get his ass kicked dramatically by the new villain right at the beginning, huh. Between Shadow the Hedgehog, the Rise of Lyric literally having it be the first shot, and this.

I like the general feel of "well, we're all almost fucked, but with The Power of Friendship [in a way that is far less annoying than Heroes] we can save the day", there's a good balance of doom and optimism there. But......the gameplay looks sterile as hell and the entire thing looks like it was made like four years ago. So now I'm just depressed because a good thing can be made out of this concept and they took the safest and most boring methods possible to execute it, all while looking like a last-gen title.

8. synchronizer

synchronizer

I still think that Unleashed looked better and had much more soul.

9. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US

That's because it did.

Sonic Unleashed had a fairly larger than average budget, the introduction of the new boost gameplay, a brand new graphics engine made specifically for it to take advantage and push the limits of the modern console at the time, larger / grander stages, orchestra, and using their in-house animation studio for the first time. Hell, Sonic Team were so proud and happy about the game, they had a party and popped open a bottle of champagne on release day and posted it online on a blog. They were openly proud of Unleashed.

A good chunk of what I said doesn't apply to forces.

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    English subtitles? Pfft.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChoULR1MzNU[/youtube]

11. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Pfft that's fan-made, here's the official dub with the official cast
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2rESRTNMpI[/youtube]

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Well, I know when t'fold 'em.

That one's definitely good for a few laughs. Sammy caught me by surprise.

13. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Sonic and his friends in a cutscene with post-apocalyptic vibes. Here's a discrepancy in the acting: If the 'final' shot does not look satisfying to you, don't blame it on the nature of the script. Just keep adding animation and environments until it's good. Watch the second half of the footage, looks kinda neat. :specialed:

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Admittedly Boom did NPC animals much better as they're not all just Sonic's body with a different head. It would have been nice to see some different designs thrown about, rather than seeing Traumatized the rando back there.

15. Second Emergency Communication:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RiQ236Bh0M

Transcript and translation from YouTube comment:

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I wish that resistance had standards and didn't accept OCs.

17. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I find the whole premise really weird to be honest, when I first played Sonic 2 I never imagined Sonic would be waging war against Eggman with forest critters.

Just me? Everyone else seems to dig it.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

No, I have to agree. Eggman having already won and Sonic and co' having to fight back could be an interesting premise. But the war and resistance angle is totally unfitting for Sonic. I don't think I'll ever warm to it. I never liked GUN or the government being involved in stories like SA2's either. It just clashes so much.

19. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    It's ridiculous, it doesn't fit, and I'm looking forward to it. I would take a failed experiment in gritty over another generic saturday morning cartoon any day. The only thing I've liked about the last several Sonic games' writing was Eggman's announcements in Colors; even if this falls completely flat, the variety alone is nice.

20. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GiVOo5eCvY

New transmission, this time from Eggy. Not translated yet as far as I'm aware. I dig the "United Egg Earth" logo or whatever it is.