don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Why does this game seem so rushed? Christ.

2. Ah fair enough, I must not notice it in motion, it just stuck out like hell in this screenshot.

3. Deef

Deef

Holy crap those hands!

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh wow those bands haha I never noticed. Ya Modern Knuckles is weird.

And idk I thought the trailer looked pretty good, then again I watched it from my phone right after I woke up so maybe I'm not the best judge of content right now.

5. Speeps

Speeps

[​IMG]
    I get that the OC and extras are just supposed to be normal citizens, but couldn't they at least make the effort to make them fit in more?
    Even of the existing characters (like Tails) that do still have a centered mouth, it's not nearly that wide or weird looking.

And that's not even touching upon how blank the bodies are.

6. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    Thank God I'm not the only one who sees this. I hate all of their hands, they're just way too big. Sonic's massive hands become even more noticable in the CG trailers and goddamn it bugs me so much!

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think only the wolf is like that, and given that's how the werehogs mouth was I guess that's just how they do wolves for some reason.

8. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Holy fuck I love this so much

It's so fucking animu

Which is exactly how it ought to be

DO WANT

I'll agree that some of this stuff looks worryingly unpolished, though. I hope SEGA will delay the game again if they need to.

9. serpx

serpx

That trailer changed the mood for me on this game.

One large issue I had with this game is it didn't seem cohesive to me. What I enjoyed about Sonic Mania is it had a style that was attractive, and presented itself well. Forces seemed all over the place to me -- I couldn't see the bigger picture, which detracted from my hype.

This trailer glues a lot of parts together, and gets me a better feel and idea of how all the pieces in Forces come together. It did a great job hyping me -- I'm only concerned with quality of gameplay and if the excessive character talking is an issue while playing the game (if so, hopefully we can disable it).

I've been wanting a larger darker story since the Adventure series. I think it suits 3D Sonic, as long as it's done right. The story in Generations didn't have much depth to it. For me, epic stories is an element that I've enjoyed with the Sonic series since Sonic 1-3&K. When a Sonic game doesn't have it, I'm honestly not as excited as I could be. It's an important element for me.

This game has potential. It's not the style everyone is attracted to, and that's okay. 3D Sonic and 2D Sonic are their own things now. What matters most, I feel, is will this game be enjoyable to play? If we don't have a Sonic 06, and have more of a Sonic Colors, we'll be okay, and Sonic will FINALLY be on a true greater path for the future.

I know my opinions don't match up with others on this, wanted to share my perspective.

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    That trailer is the first good piece of marketing for this game. It's actually well edited and puts the focus on the dumb anime bullshit, which is looking like the best part of this game. Too bad the actual game parts still don't look all that great.

Btw glad to see the character customization seemingly lets you make horrifying stuff going by these folks in the background of one of the cutscenes:

[​IMG]

11. Tails Doll - that is what their eyes remind me of! It's been bugging me all day but seeing this screenshot made it click!

To be fair, the custom characters clustered together behind Espio all reminded me of something else at first glance - the brown bear made me think of Five Nights at Freddy's and the weird yellow thing on the right reminded me of the mouse god from Universe 4 in Dragon Ball Super.

12. I noticed that last night, tails doll anyone?

This story is locked down in the interest vaults, the gameplay is like generations which is good, okumara's palace is in this, and infinte is jin from tekken.

13. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    It might have something to do with all the bitching people did about basically all of Generations being spoiled before release. Heck, Mania blew less than half its load and people said it was too much.

14. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    By all the 'quality' Sega is showcasing, I bet they don't have much else to show. (At least in a 'finalized state').

15. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Man, that trailer almost makes me want to play the game in true glorious nippon-ese and get the full Crunchyroll Anime experience.

Fingers crossed for Dual-Audio, as I do like hearing the Japan crew (still going strong from SA1, as well as my boi Jotaro Kujo voicing Silver!) as well as the English crew, although the lip-sync will no doubt be for English.

Edit: Has this been posted yet? We've got subs: [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrrBVPc-qrA[/media]

16. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Eggman's new Japanese voice actor sounds pretty close to his old one, though a little bit more sinister.

17. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    I can't be the only one that thinks the OCs look really weird (and not in a good way) when they aren't wearing a shirt or anything, right? I never realised how much better Sonic characters look when they have SOMETHING on their chest. It helps them not look like a head on top of a colored blob.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

New screenshot of the character creator:
    [​IMG]

19. Frostav

Frostav

Why do all the OC characters look like they came from a completely different game? Their art-styles clash horrendously with the main cast. Even the newest of the canon characters (Silver, Blaze, etc.) clearly look like Sonic characters and slot right in with the classic trio. But these created characters and npc's just look...awful.

20. sparkpinretro

sparkpinretro

Twice the tails, double the fun Member
    Well, you're a customized animal fighting against robots for freedom... sounds about right! :specialed:/>