don't click here

I've created a monster

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by GT Koopa, Sep 3, 2011.

1. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    As I said in the Mania thread, Eggatha would make a great act 1 minor boss instead of the robots or Eggman. As for the 3D games I don't care what decision Sega makes. I can understand the concern people have that they don't want some shitty forced dialogue due to her but I'm not even asking for something like that.

2. CSketch

CSketch

The sketchiest guy you've ever seen Member
    While I would love to have Omelette be part of the games or comics, that will never happen, SEGA really hates the idea of Eggman having any family members other than Maria and Gerald sadly, which is why they erased Hope from the Archie comics and retconned Snively being his nephew in the same reboot. I doubt they have changed their stance but who knows, maybe they could allow her in if they keep her in as a big fan of Eggman or whatever (however, the majority of the community seems to like her more as Eggman's relative, which might give SEGA the wrong idea), I certainly wouldn't mind fighting Omelette as an Act 1 Boss in a game, official or otherwise.

Oh wow, this is my last post in my trial period, I guess I'll just have to Hope that the mods don't see me as someone snidely...or should I say, Snivel-- Okay no more puns.

3. Flygon

Flygon

Oh man, I completely forgot about the modern continuity.

It's a shame, I quite enjoyed the thought of him having a niece that was a fan of him. Completely wordless, in the classic context, like the usual mimeplay tropes employed.

Who knows, maybe this's the girl he builds all these carnivals for! Sure as hell humanizes Robotnik, in a charming kind of way, if he's doing this crazy shit just to impress his niece. :v:

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    She can be part of the Mania universe, where it's still 1996 and post Sonic Adventure never happened :specialed:

5. Creature SH

Creature SH

Thing is, you can't just start using fan characters. That's a legal risk no media company would be take. That's the road to the land of lawsuits.

6. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Nevermind the fact that most companies don't want unsolicited ideas like this*.

*I'd consider Taxmans Sonic CD pitch in 09 to be a different ballpark entirely.

7. Creature SH

Creature SH

Yeah, that one was a business proposal. He offered a service/product.

8. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Not a fan :/

I mean, it's a good joke but I don't get people wanting it added, it's vveeeerrryyy childish.

9. I really like the design of Eggman's Niece, I'd say she certainly fits the style of Sonic games way more than any of the previous relatives we've gotten. Snively only really works with the American Robotnik design, Gerald is just Eggman but with a grey mushtache, and Maria is a blonde anime girl who looks nothing like her relatives.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    To all those suggesting Sega make the fan-creation of Omelette official, I can answer why it'd never happen with 2 words.

Ken Penders.

11. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    True, but IF Sega likes the character, all they have to do is contact the original artist and say, "Hey, we wanna buy the rights to your fan character and make her official. What do you say?"

If they like her. No idea if they've commented on the matter or not.

12. Creature SH

Creature SH

In any case, the Sonic fan community is the uncrowned monarch of fan games. She's gonna turn up in something.

13. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    Even then wouldn't the fan game maker need to still at least get the permission of the original creator in order to use her? I don't think a simple credit in the credits is going to cut it.

With Captain Vidya it is much looser yet more complicated in who owns what. And I have thought about the rights for the past week.

Is it TheTurtleGuy, the one who originally saw the Sonic 2 Egg-o-Matic+Robotnik as a giant head looking up, who made the original mspaint comparison? He completely forgot the Captain Vidya incident even happened until I reminded him less than a week ago on Discord.

Is it me? I was just the middleman, but without me showing it to /v/ Captain Vidya would never have happened. I never drew any art or take place in its design, yet was part of the process. Never the less I am one of his biggest fans, and have more claim than others (plus enough hacking knowledge) for him to debut on a SEGA Genesis.

Is it /v/? /v/ is a collective of anonymous people. The designs themselves evolved thanks to the anonymous artists who would be hard to if not impossible to track down. Does this make Captain Vidya the character public domain?

14. No.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    They're also pulling a Photobucket? What the...

16. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Unlike Photobucket, they seem to be able to tell the difference between direct links that you click and embedded images in forums. Their first attempt was buggy, but the intended implementation here is that it shows you this when you type that in your URL bar. Some referrer nonsense or something.

17. I think "Eggatha" should be Dr. Eggman's DAUGHTER. It's much better. The girl's mother could be Madonna ...

Since Team Mania is also recycling old (and unused) Classic Sonic concepts, I could take advantage of my little suggestion.

18. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    I literally spent several minutes shouting, "EW GROSS NO!" in my bedroom at the thought of Eggman procreating. So, no, it's not better.

19. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    It's better still once you start to question who her mom is. + - It's gotta be Sara, the president's daughter  

20. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    http://youtu.be/uVEzejlmxa8

Right at the beginning. Now all we need is a mention from the Game Grumps and we are golden.