don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Er, proof? Because doing everything in mania would probably take longer than doing everything in Generations for the average person.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Even then it was only like six hours. Still I wouldn't worry too much about the length. Just about every non-Nintendo platformer is $40 these days, see Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy and GOTY Knack 2.

As for an example of a Sega game: Yakuza Kiwami is $40 and it takes about 15 hours to finish the main story of that, and that's not counting side stuff. So price pretty clearly isn't indicative of length. Also please buy Yakuza 0 and Kiwami they're very good games.

3. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Ya, but 6 hours at $40 is actually a pretty alright proposition, imo.

Although I may be weird -- I prefer shorter games these days to needlessly long games.

4. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    Prove that he said Mania was longer than Generations or are you looking for something deeper?

5. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

You talked about some clarification of Taxman's logic when he said Mania was longer than Generations. Where did he say he was only talking about Generation's main campaign?

6. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    I'm not sure but I don't think many people thought he was talking about anything beyond the main game looking at posts from last year on here and TV Tropes

7. Dr. Corndog

Dr. Corndog

Trends come and go. I think I'm not the only one to have tired of the current trend, brought about by the rise in popularity of WRPGs, of padding a game with dozens or hundreds of hours of gameplay, with little regard to quality. I'd rather play a great game two or three or even four times, than a good game once.

It's also nice when a rather mediocre-looking game like Forces is short so you can finish it quickly. :-p

8. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Well this just happened.

https://ebgames.com.au/nintendo-switch-225669-Sonic-Forces-Bonus-Edition-Switch

Shadow the Hedgehog costume DLC for pre-ordering....Well, the avatar already has a gun, now he just needs to say "damn" a couple of times.

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]

oh

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Perfect.

Now make with the Metal Sonic costume. No, make a Big costume, piss people off.

11. I guess they skinned him once they beat him. Also Ew

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The Xbox version still isn't available to buy on Amazon and it's bonus edition still hasn't been put up.

13. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    This really blows my mind, it's like they are deliberately taking the piss at this point.

Why can't we just play as Shadow?

14. rebelcheese

rebelcheese

Who knows, maybe we will especially if Shadow is knocked out of the bad guy side early.

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Glad we're finally getting a sequel to a hot Xbox 360 feature

[​IMG]

16. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    That image don't work, I'm gonna guess it's the Xbox Live avatars with the S4E2 gear?

17. Smashbro

Smashbro

I don't understand why chaos and shadow are considered villains. I mean, isn't the former supposed to have let go its grudge with the echidnas and should be sleeping peacefully within the master emerald? And shouldn't the latter be considered (at worst) neutral? I mean, don't let the marketing of SA2 fool you, the only villain you play as is Eggman. Rouge is actually a government agent and Shadow ultimately sacrificed himself to save the Earth. I mean, the only times when shadow can truly be a villain were the (non-cannon) dark endings of shadow the hedgehog.

I don't think either are truly evil... but I do think Chaos might have been tricked and Shadow is only being bribed into helping.

18. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Both turned good only because of Sonic's influence. Isn't this an alternate timeline where Sonic disappeared, or something like that? Shadow was literally going to smash the ARK into the Earth, until the last 15 minutes of the game. Chaos flooded Station Square. Presumably people died in the chaos (no pun intended).

19. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    Well, I'm guessing this is our first look at the hedgehog OC.

It'll be interesting to see how complex this character creator tool actually is. Some of the fan OC's I've seen online tend to be a bit out there with their designs. If the system is actually robust then I think we might see some pretty cool character creations.

EDIT:
    https://www.twitter.com/BIGHONKINBURGER/status/903723322587746304/photo/1

I changed my mind, delete this game please

20. This game is looking like some real fun! since the cutscenes use in game models, i can't wait to see how hilarious the joker outfit will be in the more laid-back ones.

Hope more news or a trailer drops soon, I've had enough mania for one lifetime.