don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I know, and a certain Retro member has over 100 thumbs up on her comment :v:

2. Gammatron

Gammatron

Damn it, I chose not to post the screenshot for a reason. Could you take it down please? I really don't want him to get in trouble.

3. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    Thanks ApocalypticSalad by the way for deleting it.

4. Sonic Mania has just received an update. After launching once in Online mode, the game can now launch in Offline mode as per expected. Appears to still contain DRM so anyone fundamentally against that is still shit outta luck but I feel like it's worth mentioning anyways.

5. I guess that'll make the DRM transparent to most people, but it does suck that it's still in there. I don't see Sega deciding to remove the DRM entirely, though... Companies don't like admitting they made bad decisions.

6. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Happy to see they fixed that. Who knew that there would be more back-handedness with Mania than there ever was with Sonic 4??? Way to fuck up the most anticipated game in decades XD

I know it's not the developers, but this is crazy. Aaron is a trooper for not going into hiding!

7. Happy now?
    [​IMG]

8. Montblanc

Montblanc

There is already articles written about the denuvo debacle with screenshots of Stealth's post. I don't think it can be covered up anymore :/

9. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    Excellent that they've sorted out the always-online functionality, but it would be better if they removed Denuvo entirely. I've heard it fucks with modding.

10. Incidentally, Time Attack on the final level works properly in the PC version. It doesn't end prematurely when you complete the lower-left path like on the console release. There's even a very brief exclusive-to-TA section right at the end.

11. I concur.

12. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
  13. Gammatron

Gammatron

...Shit.

Well, I guess this probably means Headcannon won't be a part of Sonic Mania 2 if that happens now.

14. He'll be fine. It was far from the least professional message he could've written. I highly doubt SEGA's gonna take too much offense for him asking for clarity in a somewhat frustrated manner. Considering that Stealth and Whitehead are basically impossible to separate from projects like these, I doubt he'll be absent from development cause of this.

15. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    So, here's what I've learned about the special stages so far:
    - Use the dev menu to practice them over and over again. Git gud.
    - Jump through the turns to spin around faster
    - Stepping on the slow-down patches is way more damaging than not getting rings, and is more damaging than getting blue orbs is beneficial. Avoid it at all costs
    - For the fifth special stage, the order in which you get items matters. Don't go for the rings or play on the launch pads until you're already moving at a really fast clip. Spend the first couple laps leveling up your speed, THEN when you're going hella fast, hit the jump panels to get the rings.

I'm actually blown away by how fun these special stages are. They're a total out-of-the-blue delight and a wonderful wake-up call to everyone who has ever said "Sonic doesn't work in 3d"

16. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I think the fifth stage is the one with the speed up box. Get that on the first lap and you're set.

17. Gammatron

Gammatron

God, I hope so. Hopefully I'm just overreacting and they don't decide to cut off ties. That article is a bad look, though...

There would be no problem if he said this in private but saying it in public for everyone to see is kinda... yikes.

18. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I wish there was a way to play the Special Stages alone, a la Blue Sphere.

So I finally got to my second play through of the game (on my own machine, since my first was on a borrowed PS4), and I'm really tearing through it this time! The only special stage I had trouble with this time was 5, but it only took about three tries.
    Seeing "Now You Can Become Super Sonic" again like this was really satisfying! Speaking of Super Sonic, does anyone know if his drop dash actually does anything different, or is it just a sound effect?

Also, Not sure if someone reported this bug already, but I de-transformed against the Lava Reef Act 1 boss For some reason...

19. urlogic

urlogic

Does SEGA own the Retro Engine now? If they do, I can only imagine the next 2D game being very Japanese...

20. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Maybe you pressed the dedicated Super button again? Dunno.