don't click here

Spoiler-free Sonic Mania discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Yep. Byebye Spoiler-free thread!

2. Downloading! 40%.

See you guys in Spoiler thread!

3. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    Booted up the game right after it unlocked, and it didn't detect my Direct-Input controller. :( Mania also didn't respond to x360ce, so Xinput isn't working either?

For the moment, it looks like I'll be taking Joy2Key with me on this little journey. Just like the good old days of fan games. :v: Bye-bye, spoiler-free thread.

I saw it on my desktop instantly, but I had to restart the Steam client on my laptop so the Install button would show up. Something to note if people aren't seeing it yet.

4. WTF, my controller that works in Sonic CD doesn't work in Mania! Fuck!

5. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Note for people with Direct Input controllers: you need to go to Steam's Controller configuration menu and setup generic gamepad support, since the game uses the Steam Controller API. If you have an XInput gamepad just turn off that stuff since the game can use XInput directly.

6. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    My game doesnt want to launch. I press Play but nothing happens :/
    it says preparing to launch... then syncing and then nothing...

7. Weird, I successfully configured my controller in Steam, but once I was done it can't see the controller anymore, it just says "no controllers detected"...

8. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    try opening "Settings.ini" in steamapps\common\Sonic Mania and turn windowed to windowed=y and exclusiveFS to exclusiveFS=n

9. Worked! Thank you.

10. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    This isn't working for me, sadly. My PS4 controller refuses to work. I see your recommended configuration but no matter what switches I flip in Steams controller settings, I can't get Mania to recognize inputs.

Edit: DS4Windows works at least.

11. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    Can I just say I have mad respect for any of you who managed to hold out on spoilers until now?

Like seriously, you guys deserve a damn medal. That isn't Sonic 1.

12. Can't get my controller working either. Now Steam says I have a "Generic XInput Controller", and I can setup buttons, but Mania won't react to it regardless of whether ""Generic Gamepad Configuration Support" is checked...

13. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Weird, I don't have this there. It's only Common redlist, data.rsdk, sonic mania.exe and steam_api.dll

14. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Just a heads up, someone on Facepunch discovered that Mania uses denuvo DRM.

Taxman why?!

Edit:
    Ok, then SEGA why?!

15. I doubt that's Taxman's call...

Anyway, right now I just want to get my controller working... Anyone had any luck? Nothing in the Steam settings appears to have any effect.

16. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    There doesnt seem to be a way to enable pixel perfect style rendering in the options. It works for 1x but not for 2x.

17. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
  18. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Are the filters visibly changing when you toggle them? If not it means your comp doesn't support the Shader Model required (3.0) and is falling back to no shaders. Another way you can tell for sure is watch the intro - if it plays in B&W it's not using shaders.

19. Seriously, here's my controller configuration screen. The controller works fine here in these menus, have tried Mania with the "Generic Gamepad Configuration Support" on and off, doesn't make a difference...

[​IMG]

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: BTW, pixel-perfect is working fine here.

20. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    There were whispers from a few industry insiders a few weeks back that said Denuvo was already in Mania and causing issues. That still doesn't mean Taxman's tweet had anything to do with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.