don't click here

Amy Rose in Sonic X-Treme (not a hack)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Aug 19, 2017.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    From Ross Harris' portfolio:

Also, Sonic's wireframed 3D model:
    The portfolio includes some other neat stuff such as close ups of some of the badnik renders as well as this hypnotic GIF:

(Found about this via Sonic Stadium)

2. oh my god that model is gorgeous.

3. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Saw this the other day. Come to think, there was an old magazine scan stating that players could throw rings at enemies in X-treme. I wonder if it was talking about Amy's gameplay?

PS: Why couldn't they just use the X-treme prerenders for Sonic and the others in the Mania special stages?

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^ Because the models are more charming

Oh wow, what a find.

Where's our resident Xtreme guy? I'm sure they'd be interested in this find

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Two female hedgehogs in one game. Wonder what shenanigans would happen with Amy and Tiara.

6. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I'm still wondering why they redesigned Amy if its classic design looked gorgeous on 3D. And I'm still wondering where are the spikes that should be on her back, that issue has always been there.

EDIT: HER back, sorry.

7. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

So that she would no longer look like a female Sonic with a poor fashion sense, perhaps?

8. urlogic

urlogic

There's clearly spikes on Sonic's back, what are you talking about?

9. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    They left in an extra spike for Amy. She's not suppose to have that lower center spike on her head.

10. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    That would have worked if the new design evolved from the previous one instead of changing it completely. And, BTW, giving her silicone tits while she was still so young isn't what I would consider a good design or style choice. I like her female Sonic look and her child dress, she's way cuter and it's a more appropiate look for another hedgehog. I'm more worried about "girls wear pink and boys wear blue" for their skin/fur color choice.

11. Sean Evans

Sean Evans

Professional Dork Member
    Earth
    Sonic Overture, Sonic Utopia
    Wasn't Tiara like a cat or something?

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think there's probably a decent middle ground between the 2 designs. Maybe like similarly proportioned to her classic design but with her modern hair and a different dress than either her modern or classic variant (modern is too potentially pervy, classic was just odd and clashed with the simpler aesthetics of the other characters). Maybe a variant of Creams dress?

13. Sean Evans

Sean Evans

Professional Dork Member
    Earth
    Sonic Overture, Sonic Utopia
    Guys, she's a kid obsessed with Sonic. Having a horrible, thrown together sense of fashion and a hairstyle extremely similar to her "hero's" isn't that out of left field when you take that stuff into consideration. Besides, I actually quite like her classic color scheme.

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Probably because X-Theme was American made and her redesign was because of Japan.

I don't fucking know. Probably.

15. Pengi

Pengi

They forgot her head band too.

Classic Amy has one spike on her back. Not sure if its properly visible in Sonic CD, but you can see it in Sonic the Fighters.

Speaking of Classic Amy, does anyone have a cleaner/higher resolution version of this Sonic CD promo art? If you look closely, you'll notice that her skirt is a different shape compared to the revised version.

Apparently Chris Senn said that she was originally going to be a bandicoot, but later became a manx.

16. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Been busy lol, also someone posted this in my AXSX thread few days back, I tried to contact Ross in the past threw another xtreme team member and he wasn't willing to share any of the sprites for characters or badniks, he also made a tails model. But don't know if tails has any sprite. And I'm betting that he made the models for knuckles and eggman as seen in sonic school house. Sorry for lack of caps here, I'm on the iPhone and too lazy to make corrections. Would have been nice if we could have gotten other char sprites for xtreme, multiplayer in AXSX is just going to be limited to color changing sonic for now. Maybe perhaps someday we will get lucky. Anyways I'm well prepared for if someday he does release models or something, already have 3D studio 4 which is the dos version set up on my old retro 90s pc. Got it ready to render out any new sprites that we may need for the project. The old 3D studio has some interesting rendering features and results that might be hard to match or may not be possible in modern 3ds max.

17. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    This game always manages to pop back up with something new, doesn't it? It looks kinda unfinished though with the wrong quills in the back, eye shape, shoe color, lack of hair band, etc.

Nice to see some of the devs are opening up a bit more with their work.