don't click here

Spoiler-free Sonic Mania discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Sonic - Cheers for your thoughts on Mania, seems like it's gonna be worth the wait. Also seems like a bigger game than I thought (I know pretty much nothing about this outside of the first 2 trailers)

:v: :v: :v: :v: :v:

2. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Amazon finally took my CE payment (whoo), and they're STILL adamant it will be delivered today! Props to their optimism I guess..

Now the second stage of spoiler evasion begins: Dodging RL friends who may or may not already be playing it!

Also I've noticed a few friends of mine who have now decided to buy Mania after seeing the high review scores who weren't even following it until now. THIS IS GOOD.

3. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    According to Amazon. The Mania Vinyl is being released on September 8th. Also. The game is amazing. Played until 3am. Woke up at 10:30, played since 11:30.

4. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    I put in 7 hours so far, and that's a full playthrough as Sonic + Tails and I'm on the last level as Knuckles. Only finished 4/7 emeralds.

Just like in Sonic & Knuckles, Knuckles' game is way different than Sonic's. Lots of meat there.

5. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    Just get back home with my collectors edition in tow, go to throw in the download code (PS4), nothing but invalid code claims...wtf!!?? What am I even supposed to do in this situation? :argh:

6. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Try Googling "sega Support" to get the email address for your region. They probably won't be able to help directly, but I've found them very good in the past at directing you to the right people.

7. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    It really depends on how you play Sonic games. I've been going at it for about 8 hours for my first playthrough, which is Sonic-only. Tails would offer too much easy land traversal in my opinion. I'm stopping often and taking in the scenery, backtracking, trying to find secrets, attempting to perfect every Get Blue Spheres I come across, failing far too many times to that damn fourth chaos emerald, desperately trying to get back to the route I just blew past, getting many Time Ups...I'm about 8 zones in :v:

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Mania is great so far. Special Stages are hard as hell and the bosses are genius. Probably the nearest I've got to getting full Megadrive nostalgia since the console run ended.

This. There are so many points in this game I genuinely feel like a novice and it takes me a while to figure out what I'm doing, something that hasn't happened to me in ages with a classic styled Sonic game. Despite the recycling of levels, it actually feels pretty fresh playing it.

9. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Spoilers. Please edit your post and try to be a tiny bit more considerate for those of us who either haven't received their CE yet or are waiting for the game to release on PC. This is a "Spoiler Free" thread, and honestly it's insulting that you'd post anything not officially released. It ruined a part of the game that I tried so hard to keep from spoiling.

Edit: Post fixed.

10. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

My apologies, I thought the level had been officially revealed already, and I was non descript about the bosses and special stage.

Okay tweaked the post, but you'll have tweak the quote you made of it.

11. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Claymont, DE.
    In so far, I got an email, said email for whatever reason leads to UK support, really don't understand the logic behind that..
    Starting to think i'll need to double dip on the game for the same console now..

EDIT: Seems like there may be issues with a lot of Collectors Edition codes, both the guy from the GameStop I got it from as well as (according to him) NeoGaf, many people have been having download issues with CE codes.

12. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    [​IMG]

13. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Claymont, DE.
    Hopefully it doesn't take too long, thanks for the heads up post jubbalub.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Already said I was going to, as soon as the news on it broke. =P

15. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    This is such an emotional roller coaster. This is worse than standing in line 3 hours for a 30 second ride at Disney. I keep spoiling things for myself, yet I know there's a lot to uncover. I haven't seen much video-wise, just Mirage Saloon Act 1 with Sonic and Tails. I can't stop reading. It's incredibly painfully and it's only day 1 of 15 to go. Honestly, the PC version better be SPOTLESS after this mess.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    If you mean getting rid of the remaining bugs, it would help if the bug report thread hadn't been closed.

Seriously, what's with that.

17. serpx

serpx

Ugghhhhh. Haven't beat the game yet -- I'm pretty deep into it. Thought I could watch the launch trailer with no spoilers. NOPE. MASSIVE SPOILERS ON FUTURE LEVELS I DIDN'T WANT TO SEE. Thanks SEGA, I knew I should've beat the game first.

Eitherway, this game is huge. I thought I could beat it in two hours ... hahaha, boy was I wrong.

18. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Fucking same here. I already listened to all the OST, and saw various bits of some levels. I really wanted to go no-spoiler with this game (an absolute gem we may not see repeated in some time), but it's nearly impossible :( The bitterness of not knowing exactly what went wrong, and the shitty apology, doesn't really help either.

Fuck it, I may get to release day with all the level roster known, minus the bosses. What a disappointment.

19. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Neo Hazard says that a Day One Patch is coming to address some issues, but I haven't seen this confirmed from anyone else.

20. We can do it! The more you look at spoilers the more the wait will be unbearable!!

But yeah - fucking 15 days :v:

This is almost as bad as waiting for Sonic 2 Christmas day '92

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.