don't click here

Sonic Mania Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mastered Realm, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Please post a tag of what version you saw the bug on!

[Switch Version]

Misc.

There are issues related to the score-counting system and the checkpoints, as pointed out before.

You shouldn't be able to skip the credits when you first see them.

When pausing, the greyscale filter doesn't understand some colors and displays them as black.

Mirage Saloon Act 1

The palette change from 'dawn' to 'day' isn't always triggered so there are multiple graphical glitches in the level. [OOz tank, Giant Caterkiller etc].

It's common to spindash out of the plane.

Stardust Speedway 2

The 3D rendering on the rotating statue after the boss is really flickery, more than any of the full 3D special stages.

2. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
  3. Flygon

Flygon

[Switch Version]

Hydrocity 2 Boss fans don't stop when you die, and keep playing.

Not sure if we're suppose to spoiler our bug reports. :v:

4. Played through the game on the Switch:

On one of the Blue Sphere stages, the counter said two spheres remaining when there was clearly a line of three right in front of me. As a result, the stage ended (with a gold medallion) slightly early.

When jumping off the Marble Garden pulleys in Stardust Speedway, you don't have enough momentum and it feels really off.

During the Oil Ocean Act 2 boss, if you're standing on the platforms when they get torn down you can fall straight through the oil and die.

In Hydrocity, when fans are 'appearing' below you, they seem to move in too early so it looks like they're going through Sonic. Might just be my eyes playing a trick, though.

The background of Stardust Speedway Good Future is visible in one of the rings in the opening animation, yet it doesn't appear to be anywhere in-game.

Most importantly, why do only half the zones have transitions?!

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I got 2 so far (PS4)

- (Generic) When you get the invincibility power and then the speed shoe power, once the speed shoes run out the invincibility music will continue to play on loop despite no longer being invincible

- (Special Stage 4) There's a gap where there's a ring capsule after a jump pad. I jumped over the pad, hit the ring capsule, and cleared the gap, but the game partially thought I fell off the course, so the camera panned up into space and I could no longer see what I was doing despite still having full control over Sonic (I could hear the jumps and turns and such). Eventually I did fall off the course.

6. Lord Kanti

Lord Kanti

[All versions?]

The Puyo Puyo boss is hard as hell because the colors of the pieces aren't bright at all. I can't even tell what they are even when up close. Some even look black.

7. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    The black ones are punishment for Eggman succesfully making a combo. If you make a combo, black ones appear on his side.

Take this test to see if you have normal color perception:

https://colormax.org/color-blind-test/

8. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow
    [Switch]

- Camera can't lock itself correctly in this place in GHZ2
    [​IMG]

- After beating the game "& Knuckles", "Insta Shield and Peelout" extras were claimed to be unlocked but they stayed locked

- Using Home button may cause a complete freeze of the OS of Switch

- When you try to get free from Grabber (by mashing buttons) in CPZ1 it can drop you through the tiles to the bottom of the stage

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    It doesn't appear to be a bug. The extras are only available on 'non-save mode' it seems.

10. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

Either your TV color settings are bad, or you're colorblind (which would definitely be an issue as there are red and green puyo).

11. Flygon

Flygon

Wait, that was a bug? I thought I just really sucked at this game's bosses. :psyduck:

12. Pengi

Pengi

SWITCH version:

* First time I fought the ninja Hard Boiled Heavy the trees didn't load up. I could jump on the capsule and end the level without beating the boss. (Was playing as Sonic & Tails.)

* No BGM after invincibility jingle finished. (In Flying Battery Zone, not sure what triggered it.)

* In one session, Sonic's jump sound effect was replaced with a double ring chime (actually, the second chime might have been Tails). Not sure what caused it, but I think it was during the Stardust Speedway Act 2 boss. Still had this issue when choosing a new file/character or a different mode. Had to close and restart for it to revert to normal.

* Knuckles & Knuckles mode, the second Knuckles sort of sunk into the ground during the opening cut scene.

I know, right? I thought something was wrong with it.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Not a glitch I guess, but some of the palettes on the pause screen seem screwed up (Sonic in a standard shield, tiles in Bonus Stage 4 (Sonic 3's 4th bonus stage).

14. Guys.

The day one patch isn't even live.

15. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    is there suppose to be one? I've only heard speculation about one.

16. Lord Kanti

Lord Kanti

That doesn't really help, because I'm visually impaired. I wouldn't be able to see the numbers, anyway. To me, the colors are just really REALLY dark. I really hate that I can't enjoy playing this boss because I LOVE puzzle games. It's definitely a creative idea. I just wish the colors were brighter so I could actually see what I'm doing when less than two feet away from my 13 inch screen.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That's great and all but we have no idea if there is one. If this is one of those "I know and you don't lol" things than so be it, but how do you expect us to know what's going on without inside knowledge?

So in the mean time, here's another glitch.

- Stardust Speedway Act 1 (PS4) (possibly generic Act 1): Standing behind a signpost spawned monitor creates a soft lock post end act tally. You'll continue to push against the monitor forever. Pausing is disabled and the only escape is a reset.

18. Linkabel

Linkabel

Lava Reef act 2 (PS4), the conveyor belts pushing you inside the walls with no escape.

[​IMG]

Had some followers on Instagram tell me they went through the same thing.

19. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    PS4 Version:
    Game crashes when you try to access the Time Attack leaderboards.

FBZ2:
    During one of the sections with the large horizontal fans, I ended up stuck, unable to move, just floating there.

20. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    [Switch Version]
    -FBZ act 1, the dark blue (almost black) colour on the foreground tiles changed to the grey from the original Sonic 3 tiles. After a special/bonus stage, it was dark blue again. Then it became grey again. I don't really know what triggered it or if it was one off.
    -After a race, it showed both characters and their times, but didn't say who won. Another time, P2 definitely won but it said P1 won (P1 did get close to the goal, but didn't pass it at all).
    -Only other bugs I saw were the 2P Tails not being handled perfectly,
    in Studiopolis Act 2 boss, if P2 Tails is hanging on the bar in the wind he'll disappear upwards somewhere after the wind stops. Just one example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.