don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Just lovely...

2. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Well, that's my preorder cancelled.

I could have done with the money this month, and get paid again before the 29th, so despite being sorely disappointed, it's not the end of the world (that topic belongs in the Trump presidency thread :v:).

3. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Guess I'll wait for it to go on sale.

4. Glad I didn't avoid the leaks to keep my hype alive.

5. Seiph

Seiph

Fatty Lobotnik Member
    Taxman hinted about DRM in DNA on Twitter so Sega seems to be once again making everyone wait over 2 weeks with some more delays, I never did believe Taxman would promise a date and suddenly change it so close to release, really a dick move Sega. I mean an apology with Sonic 1? People who want Mania would already own the others if you think logically. All this over protection, it doesn't matter, there will always be some people who will crack whatever new protection exists so keep to the 15th release date or at least hold back Mania on everything else until the 29th to make it fair.

In all fairness though, is there a full play through to watch? I'm done waiting and being disappointed by Sega. I can still really enjoy playing when it does come out.

6. ancara

ancara

Actually, turns out the twitter post was talking about this https://www.wired.com/story/malware-dna-hack/amp .

False alarm everyone, no need to bring out the torches and pitchforks yet. :v:

7. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SuQgASITArA
    Studiopolis act 2

8. It is equally unfair to users of the Switch, PS4, and Xbone, but I do believe that if one is delayed all should be.

9. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    No, delaying them all would lead to an even bigger backlash.

10. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Is retro going to be Distributing the Mania Introduction manuals which are going to be given away to fan sites?

11. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    It's not reasonable to be spoiler free for two weeks after the release of anything. I'm not missing anymore pages of this thread...here's to the next 500!

12. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Oh, hey there. I was actually doing the same thing. I will still not watch an entire fucking playthrough of the game, but it was amazing to see some of the zones!

My Sonic Anniversary artbook arrived today, so added with that, I calmed myself down for a while. Still pissed because I think the "apology" was an outright insult, but well. Nothing to do, but to wait, now.

13. XCubed

XCubed

Yeah, that is a poor "We're Sorry" act of goodwill. BUT, I will use it to configure my controller on Steam. It's good for that at least!

14. I did note that it would be unfair to the users of other consoles. After ample consideration, I am now inclined to purchase a copy for the Xbox One. (On top of my Steam order of course, but this way my nephew will be able to enjoy it as well. So hey, I guess it can be flipped into good news.)

15. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Not to be lame or anything, but I wouldn't be opposed to someone "spoiling" a complete rip of the soundtrack... :eng101:

16. XCubed

XCubed

I was just thinking about this too. But I'm still on the fence here as I'd like to hear SOMETHING new while playing the game, but again, two weeks is unreasonable in the internet age. I know every track will be great.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    To fan sites? Hey, I have one of those! Where do I apply?

18. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie

Can the whole thing just be scanned? I'd rather just get a PDF and print it out myself....

19. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    As someone aware of the Spoiler Paradox, I know I'm more likely to enjoy the game if I know the details of it, but actually seeing it in action is different.

So I'm avoiding videos and streams, but things like zone lists and descriptions of bosses only build my anticipation.

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    But I don't! I want the physical thingy!